• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New version of FC Diver on Puretime

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Interesting, I just received QC’s for mine and they are back to the old style bezel (no brush lines) and old style date font. I wonder if this means it has a miyota too.

Who is your TD? Maybe they had some pieces left.

Sead told me no longer awailable, all XF Forged Carbon now come with brushes bezel and new style font?

I still went ahead, new style font doesn’t bother me but I do prefer the look of the old style bezel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
Who is your TD? Maybe they had some pieces left.

Sead told me no longer awailable, all XF Forged Carbon now come with brushes bezel and new style font?

I still went ahead, new style font doesn’t bother me but I do prefer the look of the old style bezel.

Could be, I used Trusty. I’ll post my thoughts when I get it

MrOptional

8/10/18
M_Hall
I also just ordered XF v2 with brushed lines from Sead. So I checked with every TD (or most of them, including Pure time, InTime, Marvelous, etc.) all said new bezel is brushed, and that Gen is brushed too. Not sure if I agree with Gen, but I really wanted the watch, so I ordered it.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Does anyone know if the 9015 version has an inner bezel that can be used in my 2836 (old) version? Are they interchangeable? I ordered an inner bezel from XF but not sure if it would fit my watch (old V2 2836 version).

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
A few weeks back, XF V2 was the Best AP out of the Box.

Now, with brushed Bezel, Modern Font and Miyota 9015 instead of A2836 with rapid Date change (and still a Cyclop that needs to be replaced) its not more of interest to me.

A shame, i missed the right moment, i tried to purchase one of those for 6 weeks now, but with no luck. Maybe its just fate.

Or maybe: Is it possible, to replace the 9015 with a P80 Movement without major Changes? And add a JF Classic DW for a 2824? Is this the route to go now?
// No, now i remembered, its not possible, at least no cost effective solution.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: vcappp

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
QC from this week
2jaiudl.jpg

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
A few weeks back, XF V2 was the Best AP out of the Box.

Now, with brushed Bezel, Modern Font and Miyota 9015 instead of A2836 with rapid Date change (and still a Cyclop that needs to be replaced) its not more of interest to me.

A shame, i missed the right moment, i tried to purchase one of those for 6 weeks now, but with no luck. Maybe its just fate.

Or maybe: Is it possible, to replace the 9015 with a P80 Movement without major Changes? And add a JF Classic DW for a 2824? Is this the route to go now?
// No, now i remembered, its not possible, at least no cost effective solution.

Has anyone confirmed they are coming with Miyota?

Sead still seems to think XF is still clone ETA and JF is with Miyota.

I’ll share QC once I’ve approved but as it’s closed case back the movement will be a mystery until it arrived.

I know Miyota is a good work horse movement but the rotor sounds cheap as hell and it feels cheap to wind too.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Has anyone confirmed they are coming with Miyota?

Sead still seems to think XF is still clone ETA and JF is with Miyota.

I’ll share QC once I’ve approved but as it’s closed case back the movement will be a mystery until it arrived.

I know Miyota is a good work horse movement but the rotor sounds cheap as hell and it feels cheap to wind too.

I might remember wrongly but miyota date moves differently (upwards ? Downwards ?) than a2824

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
I might remember wrongly but miyota date moves differently (upwards ? Downwards ?) than a2824

Yeah you are right, as soon as I have it I’ll know. It’s not a deal breaker I’d just prefer the clone ETA.

You need to jump on these releases when they come out, loads of examples of factories going backwards.

Reactions: FTW

FTW

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/18
Yeah you are right, as soon as I have it I’ll know. It’s not a deal breaker I’d just prefer the clone ETA.

You need to jump on these releases when they come out, loads of examples of factories going backwards.

This is exactly the case. To many times the factories go backwards. I remember when the JF v7 was switched to the 9015 movement. Then every v7 on m2m was sold instantly.
When this v2 came out with the 2836 in it, I jumped on it! I combined pieces form my JF and GF FC with the XF and made what I consider the perfect non-Franken FC diver. But I was also lucky enough to get on of the few Mikey 2836 datewheels made! Now it is off getting a low beat mod to the movement.
But M_Hall has pointed out, when a good version comes out jump on it, I read a lot of posts on here "I will wait for the next version because they might fix xxx flaws" but as the case here, a lot of times the factories go backwards.
Does it get expensive buy multiple versions, absolutely, but that is part of the rep game!