• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15400 v4

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
Someone wrote that they might have improved thickness. Although seems not true. Any insights?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
there are not big difference compared the V3.

For me personally the wrong DW font was always a big issue. So you can say that without a price increase it is a very neat update and also a big one it itself.

from the perspective of buying the new V4 because you want to replace your V3 i have to agree - each to his own - it depends on personal preferences and pickiness ;)

odonreps

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/9/18
I ordered one, will compare to my v3 when it comes in this week.

Young&Free

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/11/18
Hi guys, my v4 starts changing date at around 11:30pm and completely change to the next date at around 11:55pm. Do you guys have this problem? Can it b fixed ?

here’s a picture at 11:30pm. You can see the date starts to change:
http://imgur.com/FPwBojD

and here’s a picture at 11:55pm. The date has changed completely:
http://imgur.com/RIGt48P

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi guys, my v4 starts changing date at around 11:30pm and completely change to the next date at around 11:55pm. Do you guys have this problem? Can it b fixed ?

here’s a picture at 11:30pm. You can see the date starts to change:
http://imgur.com/FPwBojD

and here’s a picture at 11:55pm. The date has changed completely:
http://imgur.com/RIGt48P

This cannot be helped. It is due to the miyota movement. The “transition roll period” (where you can see two dates or incomplete date fonts) vary for each watch but such is the characteristic of the miyota movement, the 2824 movement and the 2892 movement used in ROO frankens.
The gen 15400 and ROO both feature the instant date change as they both use the AP 3120 caliber.

So this isn’t a problem per se but simply a characteristic of the movement used in the rep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and vcappp

Young&Free

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/11/18
This cannot be helped. It is due to the miyota movement. The “transition roll period” (where you can see two dates or incomplete date fonts) vary for each watch but such is the characteristic of the miyota movement, the 2824 movement and the 2892 movement used in ROO frankens.
The gen 15400 and ROO both feature the instant date change as they both use the AP 3120 caliber.

So this isn’t a problem per se but simply a characteristic of the movement used in the rep.

Ohh. So most of the 15400 rep are like that? Or is it based on our luck to have the instant date change similar to the gens?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ohh. So most of the 15400 rep are like that? Or is it based on our luck to have the instant date change similar to the gens?

ALL the miyota have the same issue and none have instant change dates. Some start rolling an hour before, some 30min and some 10min, and you get date changes anywhere in between. But none of them are instant change. Same goes for A7750 movements and even LWO283 movements.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
You would if money was no object ;)
Then you don't no me well because I have so many reps I could buy me a gen out of it but I will never pay more then 1000 usd for a steel watch. And I was short before buying a gen Submariner but the QC was not good so I decided never through the money out for a steel watch.

Money is not the point here. I like the 15400 blue gens yes but the dial is not worth 20k sorry but iam not that "blind" like other people. Same with smartphones you will never see me spend more than 400 dollar on it. I did that mistake 7 years ago with the iPhone 4 :D

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

MarksandSpencer

24/4/17
Then you don't no me well because I have so many reps I could buy me a gen out of it but I will never pay more then 1000 usd for a steel watch. And I was short before buying a gen Submariner but the QC was not good so I decided never through the money out for a steel watch.

Money is not the point here. I like the 15400 blue gens yes but the dial is not worth 20k sorry but iam not that "blind" like other people. Same with smartphones you will never see me spend more than 400 dollar on it. I did that mistake 7 years ago with the iPhone 4 :D

I can see your point, but what I mean is if money was really no object, you would have no hesitation spending "20k" on a steel watch. Because that 20k is now worth a lot less to you, a bit like 1k now.

However, I am interested to know why you wouldn't pay more than 1k for a steel watch? I mean there is a lot more than goes into some watches that the case/bracelet material.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I really don't care about the movements was never a fan of it i just like the designs of the watches i don't care if its quartz or automatic it should tell me the time and should not be like lose or gain 20 minutes a day. I would not consider me as "rich" but i could buy a 15202 for 28k and i would not care much BUT thats the point i don't throw money around like an idiot thats why a lot of rich people get poor. I had a poor background as a kid thats why i love my earned money and not throwing it out of the window like rich people do and i have just "simple" hobbys which don't costs me a lot of money thats why i saved a lot.

Thats why i bring the submariner example, i love the submariners and was like "Man the replicas have always flaws i go gen" then i was in the rolex store and saw so many flaws on high priced models that i was like "wtf should i pay premium when sometimes they even have more flaws then the replica ones" i don't see the point its the same with modding, i understand that people like that stuff to put gen parts in it etc but for me its just not a thing. I wear my watches for me and not for other people i have 150 € watches here which i love and 500 € watches here wich i also love i even spend 550 € on a Balticus watch with a shitty miyota movement but you know what? They guy is an independent watchmaker who loves to make new designs etc so i gladly payed that money because i know it was it good hands. Rolex and other big companys are just putting the prices up to pay there "Ambassadors" i don't see any point in that, all this "ohhhh we are so luxury and so better than everyone else" is just pure garbage. Its the same with clothing, i bought a lot of high fasion clothing when i was younger (i'am now 27) because i thought "you need that because of high quality" and let me tell you something its all bullshit. Ofcourse some brands have higher quality but nothing what justify the price tag. I had 500 € gucci shoes as an example, wonderful shoes with good quality, then i had 1000 € LV shoes which were the biggest shit ive ever had. Then a friend of mine his father is a shoe maker made me some shoes for 150 € and you know what? They were the same quality as a gucci ones just no big name on it.

Same with t shirts and normal shirts and jeans all the media marketing bullshit is just to divide people, i know people from all kinds of familys (poor, rich, immigrants non immigrants) and trust me the poor one are the luckiest ones even with less money. Don't get me wrong ofcourse i have some fancy belts etc too but i don't buy it that often anymore like a few years back. Its actually the same situation with stock shares a friend of mine gave me a good tip and i was sceptical the whole time and what happened? The shitty stock share crashed and i lost 450 € ofcourse 450 € is nothing for me BUT it make me angry because i didn't heard of myself... So thats why i now have my leason learned and only do my thing.

Same with Smartphones i did spend a shit lot of money on smartphones (buy a new one every 6 month and bullshit like that) and after a few years now i bought a 200 € Xiaomi phone and it do exactly that what it should do (communication because i dont play any games) only the camera is not over the top good like other smartphones but i only paid 200 € so its ok. Would i pay 1400 dollar and more on an new iPhone? Hell no.

At the end lets tell you something my parents have both health issues (strong ones) and its not important how much money do you have, it can not save them (atleast here at Germany it makes no difference in medication). I'am just not the typ of person who throws money around maybe it is because like i sad i had a not so good childhood i don't know and the end it completly irrelevant how much money do you have (atleast when you talk to me). I try to help everyone here and i don't care if they are rich or poor, i saw people here with 150k gens and i was like "Wow thats a nice watch" would i spend that kind of money for a watch? Hell no even i had millions on the bankaccount i would not do that. Same with the 15400 or 15202 i like the dials and thickness but hell i would never buy 20 or 28k for them.

And i know "Your are only live once" and stuff BUT you can have a happy life without buying overpriced luxury watches. If a independent watchmaker would bring me the same quality/design as the replica ones i would pay up to 1000 € for it (dont care if its quartz ore automatic) but they cant did you see the Davosa watches? They cost 800 € and the quality looks worse than my 150 € regmariner (yeah the automatic movement is better but the rest is shit).

Sorry for the long text.

Edit: Same with the new 15202 it costs 478 dollars and i could pay it but did you see the quality/printing? Worst shit ever and i should pay 478 usd and more for it? Not in my world.

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13

I know it's a slight deviation from our AP reps haha. But never understood why people spend so much on smartphones especially I phones with every new version every few months. Just a slight change on their existing model with some marketing, they give it a new number and everyone jumps on it, that's "sheep" behaviour LOL . Queuing in line to get something first that will be available to everyone one else at affordable monthly payments in just a few weeks but people Que just to be the first to buy it for full price smh ....

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I really don't care about the movements was never a fan of it i just like the designs of the watches i don't care if its quartz or automatic it should tell me the time and should not be like lose or gain 20 minutes a day. I would not consider me as "rich" but i could buy a 15202 for 28k and i would not care much BUT thats the point i don't throw money around like an idiot thats why a lot of rich people get poor. I had a poor background as a kid thats why i love my earned money and not throwing it out of the window like rich people do and i have just "simple" hobbys which don't costs me a lot of money thats why i saved a lot.

Thats why i bring the submariner example, i love the submariners and was like "Man the replicas have always flaws i go gen" then i was in the rolex store and saw so many flaws on high priced models that i was like "wtf should i pay premium when sometimes they even have more flaws then the replica ones" i don't see the point its the same with modding, i understand that people like that stuff to put gen parts in it etc but for me its just not a thing. I wear my watches for me and not for other people i have 150 € watches here which i love and 500 € watches here wich i also love i even spend 550 € on a Balticus watch with a shitty miyota movement but you know what? They guy is an independent watchmaker who loves to make new designs etc so i gladly payed that money because i know it was it good hands. Rolex and other big companys are just putting the prices up to pay there "Ambassadors" i don't see any point in that, all this "ohhhh we are so luxury and so better than everyone else" is just pure garbage. Its the same with clothing, i bought a lot of high fasion clothing when i was younger (i'am now 27) because i thought "you need that because of high quality" and let me tell you something its all bullshit. Ofcourse some brands have higher quality but nothing what justify the price tag. I had 500 € gucci shoes as an example, wonderful shoes with good quality, then i had 1000 € LV shoes which were the biggest shit ive ever had. Then a friend of mine his father is a shoe maker made me some shoes for 150 € and you know what? They were the same quality as a gucci ones just no big name on it.

Same with t shirts and normal shirts and jeans all the media marketing bullshit is just to divide people, i know people from all kinds of familys (poor, rich, immigrants non immigrants) and trust me the poor one are the luckiest ones even with less money. Don't get me wrong ofcourse i have some fancy belts etc too but i don't buy it that often anymore like a few years back. Its actually the same situation with stock shares a friend of mine gave me a good tip and i was sceptical the whole time and what happened? The shitty stock share crashed and i lost 450 € ofcourse 450 € is nothing for me BUT it make me angry because i didn't heard of myself... So thats why i now have my leason learned and only do my thing.

Same with Smartphones i did spend a shit lot of money on smartphones (buy a new one every 6 month and bullshit like that) and after a few years now i bought a 200 € Xiaomi phone and it do exactly that what it should do (communication because i dont play any games) only the camera is not over the top good like other smartphones but i only paid 200 € so its ok. Would i pay 1400 dollar and more on an new iPhone? Hell no.

At the end lets tell you something my parents have both health issues (strong ones) and its not important how much money do you have, it can not save them (atleast here at Germany it makes no difference in medication). I'am just not the typ of person who throws money around maybe it is because like i sad i had a not so good childhood i don't know and the end it completly irrelevant how much money do you have (atleast when you talk to me). I try to help everyone here and i don't care if they are rich or poor, i saw people here with 150k gens and i was like "Wow thats a nice watch" would i spend that kind of money for a watch? Hell no even i had millions on the bankaccount i would not do that. Same with the 15400 or 15202 i like the dials and thickness but hell i would never buy 20 or 28k for them.

And i know "Your are only live once" and stuff BUT you can have a happy life without buying overpriced luxury watches. If a independent watchmaker would bring me the same quality/design as the replica ones i would pay up to 1000 € for it (dont care if its quartz ore automatic) but they cant did you see the Davosa watches? They cost 800 € and the quality looks worse than my 150 € regmariner (yeah the automatic movement is better but the rest is shit).

Sorry for the long text.

Edit: Same with the new 15202 it costs 478 dollars and i could pay it but did you see the quality/printing? Worst shit ever and i should pay 478 usd and more for it? Not in my world.

Nuff said!

Reactions: BlackJaguar