• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15400 v4

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Omf version isn't 15400.

legend

OMF 15400 vs JF v4 15400

both use decorated miyota 9015 movement.

same engravings on bracelet.

15ad789350d450a195c9eb3e0c27c544.jpg

legend ...
the funny part is that OMF is asking 10 more.
How can we differentiate JF v4 vs OMF version?

It is annoying that OMF released AP15400 too at the same time when JF released v4,

and this time OMF’s AP15400 looks almost identical to JF’s AP15400

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SHB

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
OMF printing is spot on, the tapseries not good as JF but damn that printing is sharp.

Edit: ok the Logo on the dial is pretty much crap but the printing is amazing. Rotor is not so good but i love the printing man

Reactions: vcappp

alleyezonme

Known Member
Certified
20/3/15
London, UK
The printing is sharp and alot better than the JF on the omf version, but inbetween the AP logo on the dial its brown instead of white which is quite off putting, if only JF could sort out the priniting on their dials v1 to v4 the dial printing is the weak point

Reactions: vcappp

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Sorry to break this to you but OMF screwed this one up so badly.

The printing looks sharp because they left small flat planes on the tapisserie for the minute markers which are flat to let the print appear clear without distortion through the relief of the surface like on the gen or the JF - this difference in height of the pattern is compensated by enough printing lacquer.

if you look closely you see the small plateaus for the minute markers where this print is applied on.

The date wheel is a stock 9015 DW font which is pretty much crap and looks nothing like the gen nor the new V4 JF DWO.

beside those things the overall quality appears to be not as good as the AP master - but it is nice to see some competition in the AP game.

But i find it funny that OMF reps one of JFs best selling models - while they are good friends (according to Angus) - the last ROC was only build by OMF because JF gave them the permission... i wonder what it was like this time hehe.

People will get confused and nothing else with this release...

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
I see the planes but i find it looks not that bad i would accept it when the rest of the dial would look nice but the tapseries is meh.

Young&Free

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
24/11/18
I’ve ordered and paid to JF for the 15400 v4. Waiting for the qc pics now. How Long does it usually take for them to send the pics?

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I’ve ordered and paid to JF for the 15400 v4. Waiting for the qc pics now. How Long does it usually take for them to send the pics?

Awaited approx 48 hours, can be longer or shorter, just wait.

leenigelee

Horology Curious
21/11/18
I just placed my order for a the new 15400 V4. Would like to know if its possible to swap to a rubber strap in future and where can I get it? Thank you!

m1994

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
18/7/17
bu
I just placed my order for a the new 15400 V4. Would like to know if its possible to swap to a rubber strap in future and where can I get it? Thank you!

Congratulations...

I ordered one from ali-express for my rose gold, but if you want to swap the bracelete for a rubber strap you will also need the endlinks for it.

If you accept my humble opinion I would not recommend you to put a subber strap on it, the bracelete is part of the essence of the Royal Oak...

Post some pictures when you get it.

Reactions: leenigelee