• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

HELP! AP ROO RG 44mm - PureTime Won't Source... is InTime next best?

yycapfan

Horology Curious
30/10/18
Hey guys,

Not sure if I am allowed to write this but I am really trying to get the latest updated version of the AP Royal Oak Offshore, Rose Gold in 44mm.

This is the one I want, from PureTime... But after over 20 emails back and forth they are saying I can't pay by credit card (because their system is saying my IP address is dangerous, even though I'm in Canada...) and have to pay by bitcoin, which I don't know how to do, and am not willing to learn how to do that.
Can someone either source this watch, or tell me if this one from InTime is the a close second?
Thanks for your help!

MrOptional

8/10/18
Hey, you should obviously do more research, etc. etc.

So if you pay via credit card you get hit with like 5% to 30% fees. Don't use your card. Also, you are buying rep watch, you can't do a chargeback if you are unhappy.

I was in the same boat, didn't want to learn bitcoin. Use sellers that accept WU instead. WU is so easy, go to any WU location with cash and that's it.

Sead is a TD who accepts WU. Another one is Marvelous rep for example. Their info is in the TD section.

But Puretime has example of how to use bitcoin, it seemed very easy, but WU is easier. Hand over cash, provide guys name, you are done.

yycapfan

Horology Curious
30/10/18
Hey, you should obviously do more research, etc. etc.

So if you pay via credit card you get hit with like 5% to 30% fees. Don't use your card. Also, you are buying rep watch, you can't do a chargeback if you are unhappy.

I was in the same boat, didn't want to learn bitcoin. Use sellers that accept WU instead. WU is so easy, go to any WU location with cash and that's it.

Sead is a TD who accepts WU. Another one is Marvelous rep for example. Their info is in the TD section.

But Puretime has example of how to use bitcoin, it seemed very easy, but WU is easier. Hand over cash, provide guys name, you are done.

Thank you for this! I'm assuming WU is Western Union?

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Learn how to use Bitcoin, that's my advice.

Reactions: Mr Gatsby

Mr Gatsby

17/4/17
Learn how to use Bitcoin, that's my advice.

This^^^^^ so many people who dont understand something on here seem to trash it!! While WU is fairly easy if all goes well btc is in fact much easier and you cant get banned like you can on WU and you cant get collectors who get black listed like you can on WU all of which cost you $$ and you don't have to answer questions like do you know this person and what you buying ect ect like you do on WU!! Btc your your own bank. And this isn't my 2cents its fact!! Good luck w your purchase op.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: tripdog

MrOptional

8/10/18
Yeah bitcoin is a good bet but I didn’t want to learn bitcoin even if it is easy. Do for me it was literally like this:

1) come to western union office, any western union
2) full out paper w my name and address and same info for the guy who is receiving momey
3) give agent cash, she gave me reciept
4) I gave transaction number to TD and that’s it

Reactions: DaleM

yycapfan

Horology Curious
30/10/18
This^^^^^ so many people who dont understand something on here seem to trash it!! While WU is fairly easy if all goes well btc is in fact much easier and you cant get banned like you can on WU and you cant get collectors who get black listed like you can on WU all of which cost you $$ and you don't have to answer questions like do you know this person and what you buying ect ect like you do on WU!! Btc your your own bank. And this isn't my 2cents its fact!! Good luck w your purchase op.

Sent from the RWI App

Once Sead responds to me, I will go this way! Hopefully he responds soon. Thanks for this advice, I really appreciate it.

Reactions: Mr Gatsby

MrOptional

8/10/18
Yeah Sead is great but two suggestions:
1) patience. He might not respond for 3 days or something. That doesn’t mean he forgot about you. He is just busy.
2) qc. No matter what anyone says ask him specifically to send QC before sending you watch.
He has a reputation for solving everything and making you happy with your purchase.
I’m working w him now on 2 watches by the way.

Reactions: yycapfan

yycapfan

Horology Curious
30/10/18
1) patience. He might not respond for 3 days or something. That doesn’t mean he forgot about you. He is just busy.
2) qc. No matter what anyone says ask him specifically to send QC before sending you watch.
He has a reputation for solving everything and making you happy with your purchase.

Thank you so much for this, I really appreciate it. As you can tell, I've never done it before and want to do it write, so your recommendations have been a huge help. I'll post an update once something has been ordered... hopefully soon!

Reactions: MrOptional

yycapfan

Horology Curious
30/10/18

Order placed with Sead!

Reactions: MrOptional

yycapfan

Horology Curious
30/10/18
Congrats!! He is great but specifically ask for QC right away and make sure u do qc too.

I did ask for QC before placing the order and he said it will be within the next few days. What do I personally have to do for QC ? Any tips / recommendations?

MrOptional

8/10/18
Hey, so this is what I did with my QC's:

Step 1 (before QC)

I went onto trusty time website, for every watch he has a link to see QC images. I downloaded these images to the comp. Then I went to AP website, downloaded those images. Then I read as many threads on this as possible to familiar myself with the watch and with other peoples QC and main problems, such as incorrect brushing, misaligned minute markers, bad laminate, not centered logo, not correct logo position on the crown, missing screws, etc.

Then waited for QC.

Step 2 (QC)

Once QC came what I did was this:

Open all QC pics on comp . Next to them I opened all/most of the pics that I previously downloaded in Step 1, and looked for anything that was out of the ordinary. Like missing markers, bad alignment, incorrect date wheel, etc. Anything that you can see.

Step 3 (Still QC)

In this step I just looked at the watch as a whole, not comparing it to anything. Does everything on the watch make sense, is everything aligned, etc. Like if this is a watch that I would wear and enjoy.

Step 4 (Ask community)

So here I would ask forum members to take a look at your watch, BUT ONLY IF YOU SEE A FAULT and want to confirm that what you are seeing is makes sense. Like you can't just ask anyone to review QC for you, it's a rule. Like with my watch for example, brushing was way off to me, and logo was misaligned. Then someone who is very familiar with the watch said yes, watch looks like crap, so I rejected it. But also, don't rely on other people because most folks will spend 5 seconds looking at you pic, this is your watch not theirs. Also, don't worry too much about smallish things, remember that you are looking at high def picture of the watch magnified 100 times. Without your computer in real life you might not see those small faults like slightly misaligned markers for example, let alone on your hand while walking, etc.

my 2 cents :)

Reactions: yycapfan

yycapfan

Horology Curious
30/10/18
Hey, so this is what I did with my QC's:

Step 1 (before QC)

I went onto trusty time website, for every watch he has a link to see QC images. I downloaded these images to the comp. Then I went to AP website, downloaded those images. Then I read as many threads on this as possible to familiar myself with the watch and with other peoples QC and main problems, such as incorrect brushing, misaligned minute markers, bad laminate, not centered logo, not correct logo position on the crown, missing screws, etc.

Then waited for QC.

Step 2 (QC)

Once QC came what I did was this:

Open all QC pics on comp . Next to them I opened all/most of the pics that I previously downloaded in Step 1, and looked for anything that was out of the ordinary. Like missing markers, bad alignment, incorrect date wheel, etc. Anything that you can see.

Step 3 (Still QC)

In this step I just looked at the watch as a whole, not comparing it to anything. Does everything on the watch make sense, is everything aligned, etc. Like if this is a watch that I would wear and enjoy.

Step 4 (Ask community)

So here I would ask forum members to take a look at your watch, BUT ONLY IF YOU SEE A FAULT and want to confirm that what you are seeing is makes sense. Like you can't just ask anyone to review QC for you, it's a rule. Like with my watch for example, brushing was way off to me, and logo was misaligned. Then someone who is very familiar with the watch said yes, watch looks like crap, so I rejected it. But also, don't rely on other people because most folks will spend 5 seconds looking at you pic, this is your watch not theirs. Also, don't worry too much about smallish things, remember that you are looking at high def picture of the watch magnified 100 times. Without your computer in real life you might not see those small faults like slightly misaligned markers for example, let alone on your hand while walking, etc.

my 2 cents :)

Holy $hit you are helpful haha. I should be paying YOU! Honestly this means a lot, especially with my first purchase. THANK YOU