• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
do you mean the inner, numbered bezel? thanks!

Yes. There is a proper term for it. Remember this is a diver watch and the bezel is rotatable mainly to allow for the wearer to count 15min when diving which is the “safe zone” for the regular dive tanks today. (Though I personally think it’s hardly ever worn as a dive watch for practical reasons).
So most sites call it either the “inner rotating bezel with dive counter scale” or “dive bezel” colloquially. It’s definitely not a tachymeter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and QueTip

watcho

Known Member
26/5/15
Yes. There is a proper term for it. Remember this is a diver watch and the bezel is rotatable mainly to allow for the wearer to count 15min when diving which is the “safe zone” for the regular dive tanks today. (Though I personally think it’s hardly ever worn as a dive watch for practical reasons).
So most sites call it either the “inner rotating bezel with dive counter scale” or “dive bezel” colloquially. It’s definitely not a tachymeter.

Thank you for your clarification. Much appreciated.
I have placed a bold offer on a used, allegedly "unworn" gen 26703ST.OO.A027CA.01 and in anticipation I have bought a rep of the same model from Ryan, InTime. I am hopeful that my offer will be accepted, so if this comes to fruition, I will post a comp when both watches are in hand.

Reactions: jasonbaylee

Daytonamania

Known Member
4/3/20
Be honestly, the outline pops out clearly in gen. U dont need to use macro len. At below, i did attach my damage condition without lume. And u will see how is the outline stamp on.
e134f993becfdfdcf752825442cf71b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I notice the quality of the new ghost outlines aren’t very good. It would seem the 40 and 20 outlines do not completely wrap around the numerals.

Plucks

6/2/17
I notice the quality of the new ghost outlines aren’t very good. It would seem the 40 and 20 outlines do not completely wrap around the numerals.

You realise that that bezel is a damaged GEN minus the lume?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kingquest_s

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Whoever this "Gen" factory is needs to step up their game.... :sofa:

There are a ton of factory rejects floating around on chrono24, eBay etc. Buying a gen part does not equate to getting a usable part
I’ve worked with many of them and some can be restored and some really need to be written off. The thing is, buying used/defective gen parts is tricky, as some sellers are evasive about the actual condition of the parts, and some defects cannot be seen from pics.
I’ve also seen many “gen” limited edition ROO dials being misrepresented when they are actually modified gen dials of regular models.

One needs to be careful about what they are buying, especially when a deal seems too good to be true.

OiRogers

Renowned Member
24/8/06
legend
LOL! My post was entirely in jest, but very valid point.

I got burnt on an Omega dial a few years ago that really made me more cautious in buying parts.

Reactions: legend

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend
LOL! My post was entirely in jest, but very valid point.

I got burnt on an Omega dial a few years ago that really made me more cautious in buying parts.

Yes I was aware when I made my reply but your “jest” was actually valid in a much broader context as you well know. It’s a good point to bring up as a reminder for others to be careful when procuring gen parts.

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
so is there a V10? or just V9.5 from the last few weeks with upgraded bezel?
i just get the QC photos 2 days ago of the latest version available ordered around 10 days ago V9.5
and the bezel do not have the 3Ds

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
so is there a V10? or just V9.5 from the last few weeks with upgraded bezel?
i just get the QC photos 2 days ago of the latest version available ordered around 10 days ago V9.5
and the bezel do not have the 3Ds

We know nothing maybe only new batch, Olso no news about ZF waiting for waiting .
b62d806b03868351245904108edf2ab9.jpg

ihnomuhnit

Horology Curious
6/7/20
591352f91fdc01ac7ae377f86418d49b.jpg

Hello everyone, Im pretty new here in rep world. Did some research and went through some of thread discussing about APROO Diver. Here is simple comparison with the image posted by Bro APNL.

Reactions: Time_Wizard

shortlegs

31/5/19
Anyone here besides APNL2 have received any QC photos with the supposedly new updated inner bezel? So far others in the V10 thread have only gotten the old bezel.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Anyone here besides APNL2 have received any QC photos with the supposedly new updated inner bezel? So far others in the V10 thread have only gotten the old bezel.

Looks like APNL2 got very lucky if he is the only one who got a dive bezel like that. I am not doubting what he said, but it does seem weird that he was the only guy who got the watch with the borders around lume numbers.

Reactions: Allure

Anonray

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
8/10/18
Ordered with PT end june, got 2 sets of QC early july but both were the non updated versions. Have asked them to send me the QC only when they get the updated version, don't mind the waiting.
Also was wondering if they only updated the one with the steel bracelet? Because it looks like all the people waiting have ordered the rubber version. Anybody with the steel bracelet one on order?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Looks like APNL2 got very lucky if he is the only one who got a dive bezel like that. I am not doubting what he said, but it does seem weird that he was the only guy who got the watch with the borders around lume numbers.

What..
giphy.gif