• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
The bezel finish is utter garbage

Do you know how the gen bezel is made?

It is made by hand and those tolerances are to expect when you paid 500 bucks for it.

Get a grip... calling it utter garbage is laughable IMO

canal st. reps are garbage but not a mismatching point of 4 edges on a handmade steel watch...

Reactions: Tompa

Daher

3/7/19
The longer I have this watch the more flaws I find.
Really this watch is faaaaar away from being a super-rep.
Not even close to the quality of Breitling, Panerai, IWC super reps.

Barely visible flaw and if you want the bezel to be aligned will you be willing to pay $1-2k maybe even $3k more for the watch?? What the hell do you expect for $400? Seriously....

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The longer I have this watch the more flaws I find.
Really this watch is faaaaar away from being a super-rep.
Not even close to the quality of Breitling, Panerai, IWC super reps.

Am I the only one with this flaw that I show you on the pictures below?
The bezel finish is utter garbage. Sorry to say that. This is something that I couldn‘t see on QC pictures as they don‘t take photos from this angle.
The edges of the polished part of the bezel don‘t match the edges of the brushed side-side of the bezel.
Look at the pictures:

I am really waiting for a good replica of the AP Diver as I love this watch so much. But all the flaws it has even with a closed case back is just disappointing. It is not a very difficult watch to replicate! Come on JF I know you can do better!

@bionone
@daher

I do agree with bosaftw that the watch isn’t a super rep but i disagree with the reasoning. I also disagree that it isn’t a difficult watch to rep. It is actually an intricate piece with lots of details which the rep makers have continued to get wrong with each iteration. Nine and a half versions later, the 15703st rep is still wrong in many ways.
It is however a nice watch for the price, if you ignore the inaccuracies vs gen. For $400 it is a nice watch to wear and the quality of the build is reasonable. It is not junk where watches go.
So not a super rep IMHO but a nice watch for sure. It’s what this hobby is about, wearing and enjoying replicas, flaws and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and BIONONE

Mille

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/10/18
S.....
Does anyone else AP 15703 JF v9.5 have a power reserve of max 8 hours? My watch don't last longer than that. Very enjoying ????

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Does anyone else AP 15703 JF v9.5 have a power reserve of max 8 hours? My watch don't last longer than that. Very enjoying ????

The A2824 should last at least 30-35h minimum up to 40h.

Did you fully wound your watch via the crown?

Reactions: Mille

Mille

30/10/18
S.....
Thanks for a fast reply. Yes I have. In the beginning the power reserve worked fine and now after 3-4 weeks it only last the max 8 hours

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Thanks for a fast reply. Yes I have. In the beginning the power reserve worked fine and now after 3-4 weeks it only last the max 8 hours

send it for service, nothing else you can do

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The A2824 should last at least 30-35h minimum up to 40h.

Did you fully wound your watch via the crown?

After a proper service a low beat conversion 2824 can go close to 50hrs. Before service I do agree that 35hrs seem to be the average power reserve for the movement.
But an 8hrs PR means a service is due.

Reactions: Allure and Mille

Mille

30/10/18
S.....
Thanks guys. Now i just need to find a watch Smith in Sweden. Else I will look for one in the watch repair forum makers. Have a great day

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO

got mine, best $500 ive spent on a rep.

I agree.. just tried on the Gen in MX City (Berger--fantastic store) again..I've a V7 with proff crystal - to my eyes esp. w/proff crystal the Gen looks inferior!~I much prefer the 15703 wavy-lined 'wet-look' hobnail to today's flat hobnail. For the life of me in the well-lit store I could not see the 'ghost lines' on the inner bezel on my wrist, much less for 10meters away as many of the site's experts have complained about with 100x zoomed photos...maybeeee under direct sunlight the eagle-eyed expert can detect... FWIW

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I agree.. just tried on the Gen in MX City (Berger--fantastic store) again..I've a V7 with proff crystal - to my eyes esp. w/proff crystal the Gen looks inferior!~I much prefer the 15703 wavy-lined 'wet-look' hobnail to today's flat hobnail. For the life of me in the well-lit store I could not see the 'ghost lines' on the inner bezel on my wrist, much less for 10meters away as many of the site's experts have complained about with 100x zoomed photos...maybeeee under direct sunlight the eagle-eyed expert can detect... FWIW

Then stick to the rep and forget about the gen. Whatever makes you happy and to each his own. There is nothing wrong with liking the rep or certain feature or color of the rep more. It does happen.

LaraA

15/3/11
Thanks guys. Now i just need to find a watch Smith in Sweden. Else I will look for one in the watch repair forum makers. Have a great day

When i need service I send my watches to Finland :)
Don’t know of any trusted watch smith in Sweden
SSTEEL

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Any specific information when it will come?
You keep saying you are waiting for ZF Diver for years now lol

I think Kobe saw the prototype, but not the final one..

Fruktmaestro

Looking Around
15/10/18
Im not sure if this has been asked before, if i were to buy a strap from, lets say horusstraps. Will it fit?