• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

Daher

3/7/19
It does look amazing as a novelty fun watch, but you will be making a grave mistake if you think that this is something you can flaunt on your wrist or on social media as a gen. It is nothing like the gen.
The flaws are plentiful, and it all depends on your level of observation and knowledge. Like what QueTip mentioned, read through this thread if you want to learn more. I will just like to reiterate that this is a passable, maybe good rep at best but don't go heaping unworthy appellations like "super rep" or "1:1" on it, that is like saying that a Toyota Camry and a Rolls Royce are both cars and almost identical. I do not agree with it being on the "super rep list". You can either listen to the general consensus, or you can acquire real knowledge about the watch for yourself. Anyone who drapes terms like "NWBIG", "super rep", "1:1" etc has a lot to learn about the watch. The "super rep list" is not a point of reference for me. I like to make my own observations and what others think or write does not really affect or influence me.

If you own gens, and handle them enough, you do not need google pics or the posts put up by others to learn your stuff. If you are a reader and purveyor of information, then be discerning and separate the wheat from the chaff. Learn to make your own assessment, because at the end of the day, what matters is how YOU view the watch. If it is good enough for you, and a fantastic 1:1 super rep you fall to your knees to worship each time the watch is mentioned, then go for it and ignore what everyone else think. You are the owner and wearer, to hell with the opinion of others. If you like the watch, then don't worry about what others see when they gaze upon it.

What a shame, I don't mind if it doesn't look as 1:1 to the real thing. As I will enjoy it as a $400 watch not a $15,000 watch which some people do. But from what I had read it everyone was saying it was pretty close to the real thing so that's where my consensus of the watch came from!

I will probably buy the ROO gen as it isn't very expensive and very affordable! However I don't want to invest so much money into a watch right now and the rep will do fine for the time being. In the future I will make a detailed 1:1 post between the gen and the rep, to make the community more aware.

Reactions: timmywatch

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
What a shame, I don't mind if it doesn't look as 1:1 to the real thing. As I will enjoy it as a $400 watch not a $15,000 watch which some people do. But from what I had read it everyone was saying it was pretty close to the real thing so that's where my consensus of the watch came from!

I will probably buy the ROO gen as it isn't very expensive and very affordable! However I don't want to invest so much money into a watch right now and the rep will do fine for the time being. In the future I will make a detailed 1:1 post between the gen and the rep, to make the community more aware.

That is a good attitude you have. If you just want to WEAR a nice watch, get the rep. If you are a serious collector, get the gen. The two worlds are different but do overlap at various points.

Just be aware that several members here already own gen ROOs and the side by side comparisons have already been done multiple times. However, such posts are always useful and welcome and I will definitely support your comparison thread if and when it happens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
That is a good attitude you have. If you just want to WEAR a nice watch, get the rep. If you are a serious collector, get the gen. The two worlds are different but do overlap at various points.

Just be aware that several members here already own gen ROOs and the side by side comparisons have already been done multiple times. However, such posts are always useful and welcome and I will definitely support your comparison thread if and when it happens.

We need 15703 H model comparison specially DW , that’s why I waiting ZF , all comparisons I showed so nothing For me ..

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
We need 15703 H model comparison specially DW , that’s why I waiting ZF , all comparisons I showed so nothing For me ..

H Series has varying Date wheel fonts. What kind of comparison do you need. Old style has been discussed countless times so did new style. Mikey pretty much nailed new style. Old style not so much

Reactions: legend

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
20Bp.jpg

Last edited:

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Old style ^

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
H Series has varying Date wheel fonts. What kind of comparison do you need. Old style has been discussed countless times so did new style. Mikey pretty much nailed new style. Old style not so much

You can see all comparisons I showed useless, bad quality Pics or Fake comparisons from source , there’s no v95 vs Gen only Kobe rubbers interchange with Gen ..

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

It’s easy, I need Gen Sample with With JF vs Rep that’s all ..

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
It’s easy, I need Gen Sample with With JF vs Rep that’s all ..

Send me xxx€ and I’ll ship out a genuine dw to you.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
ZF from Kobe ..

The comparison picture is meaningless, as it does not show the crucial difference between gen and rep.
It is like zooming on the v9.5 case brushing and then showing the gen case brushing and asking which is gen. Doesn't matter in that case, as the crucial tells (the way the dive bezel numbers are lumed) are not shown for comparison.

Reactions: Allure

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU

So if i got you right, on this Diver i should install my mickey DW modern Font and not try to get a Mikey classic font, right?

Goes the same for AP RO 15400 and AP ROO from JF with the Miyota Movement: Does it make sense to have a Mikey DW installed or are the Stock JF DW better on these models?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
The comparison picture is meaningless, as it does not show the crucial difference between gen and rep.
It is like zooming on the v9.5 case brushing and then showing the gen case brushing and asking which is gen. Doesn't matter in that case, as the crucial tells (the way the dive bezel numbers are lumed) are not shown for comparison.

Wait for first prototype then comparison ..

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
So if i got you right, on this Diver i should install my mickey DW modern Font and not try to get a Mikey classic font, right?

Goes the same for AP RO 15400 and AP ROO from JF with the Miyota Movement: Does it make sense to have a Mikey DW installed or are the Stock JF DW better on these models?

Depending on the serial you have on your diver. If you have H or later, I’d stick with the modern for periodical correctness. Even if you had earlier, I’d still go with modern as service replacement just because I personally prefer modern font over the classic and the classic isn’t nearly as well done as the modern.

I haven’t seen the latest 15400 stock dws, so it’s worth trying both and checking for best results. You’re more than welcome to share these results and tests.

huei

Looking Around
17/9/19
Just received these QC photos. Is this size gap between strap and frame normal? It looks a little strange to me.

apstrap.jpg

Last edited:

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Just received these QC photos. Is this size gap between strap and frame normal? It looks a little strange to me.
did you even bother to read about the model you just purchased and then posted in the dedicated thread?

Those gaps occur because of the gen like flexibility of the links themselves. This was the actual update from V9 to V9.5... It is perfectly fine and your watch looks superb.

Reactions: watcho and R0L3X

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

]

Watch looks like how it is supposed to be, the end links are nicely spaced vs case like gen. Do accept it if it is your only concern.

Reactions: Allure

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
The longer I have this watch the more flaws I find.
Really this watch is faaaaar away from being a super-rep.
Not even close to the quality of Breitling, Panerai, IWC super reps.

Am I the only one with this flaw that I show you on the pictures below?
The bezel finish is utter garbage. Sorry to say that. This is something that I couldn‘t see on QC pictures as they don‘t take photos from this angle.
The edges of the polished part of the bezel don‘t match the edges of the brushed side-side of the bezel.
Look at the pictures:

26-CF7-E7-B-CD16-4163-AB7-F-FB40-D3-F91725.jpg

E0-D802-DD-3-C73-4-F75-8-B4-C-4-CE4-F1431-D19.jpg

438453-B7-BD72-4258-B63-C-BE40-EF8350-E2.jpg

I am really waiting for a good replica of the AP Diver as I love this watch so much. But all the flaws it has even with a closed case back is just disappointing. It is not a very difficult watch to replicate! Come on JF I know you can do better!

Last edited: