• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Thanks.

I'd be happy for you to list the flaws, that would be highly appreciated.

Main one I don't like is the apparent misalignment between inner ring and 12 o'clock markers

DW _outlines numerals_ AP engraving on crown big flaw.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Considering buying a v7. How big is the diffrence between the v7 and the v9.5 when it comes to gen like view?
https://www.intime05.co/audemars-pi...rubber-strap-a3120free-blue-rubber-strap.html

Neither of them are gen like. Both can be called out immediately as reps at a distance of 3m if you know what to look for.
So either get the gen or whatever version of rep you prefer. I would not regard either version as even remotely “gen like”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

adriancharmant

Looking Around
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/3/17
Neither of them are gen like. Both can be called out immediately as reps at a distance of 3m if you know what to look for.
So either get the gen or whatever version of rep you prefer. I would not regard either version as even remotely “gen like”.

thats why its considered a nwbig super rep. jeez why so salty bro.
can somebody else with less frustation answer my question?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16

Maybe you will change your mind for incoming 15703 ZF ! I hope..

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
NWBIG and super reps are highly subjective terms and not even the same concept, and have so much to do with your frame of reference. Having said that I’m eager to see what ZF does with this. JF is imperfect but after 9.5 versions you might have learned something.

Reactions: watcho

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Lol I doubt it. You have been following the stainless steel diver reps for a long time. Which version do you consider a good iteration?

I mean 15703 closed case back exactly Gen Sample with ZF and will be same movement v9.5 , and not miyota, about open case back one Olso they working on it but I’m not interested in fake Deco plate , and not even discuss it ..

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Kobe look like not allowed for any new leaks in his forum..

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
NWBIG and super reps are highly subjective terms and not even the same concept, and have so much to do with your frame of reference. Having said that I’m eager to see what ZF does with this. JF is imperfect but after 9.5 versions you might have learned something.

To me ZF finall Hope For super 15703 Rep ..

Daher

3/7/19
It's considered so by people that don't know their APs like legend does. ;) It's not a super rep and it's not NWBIG

Only flaw the watch has is essentially no 3D markers if I'm correct? Maybe the bracelet isn't as refined as the gen one, but the flaws are very very minimal compared to others. It really does belong to the OOTB super rep list!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Only flaw the watch has is essentially no 3D markers if I'm correct? Maybe the bracelet isn't as refined as the gen one, but the flaws are very very minimal compared to others. It really does belong to the OOTB super rep list!

You’re very wrong in fact. It really does NOT belong to that list. Period

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

In no way can any iteration of the SS diver rep be a super rep. Not even close.
But then again, such things are subjective and it is actually a blessing for you if you think so. Helps you to enjoy the watch a lot more.
To each his own, but for me, the flaws and tells are too glaring for the watch to be considered anything but a passable rep vs gen, when seen at more than 3m away in an unlit dark alley on a moonless night. NWBIG I agree, but because its likeness is very common in real life, and not because its an accurate replica.
Super rep? Absolutely no if you know what to look for.

Reactions: Allure

Madmax283

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
10/1/16
Nice watch, still thinking of the strap. Rubber or SS?

Daher

3/7/19
In no way can any iteration of the SS diver rep be a super rep. Not even close.
But then again, such things are subjective and it is actually a blessing for you if you think so. Helps you to enjoy the watch a lot more.
To each his own, but for me, the flaws and tells are too glaring for the watch to be considered anything but a passable rep vs gen, when seen at more than 3m away in an unlit dark alley on a moonless night. NWBIG I agree, but because its likeness is very common in real life, and not because its an accurate replica.
Super rep? Absolutely no if you know what to look for.

Can you please tell us the flaws! I am very very curious to what the flaws could be for the AP ROO, it looks amazing! I am surprised that it has more flaws!

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Can you please tell us the flaws! I am very very curious to what the flaws could be for the AP ROO, it looks amazing! I am surprised that it has more flaws!

They're detailed in this very thread. Do some reading.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

It does look amazing as a novelty fun watch, but you will be making a grave mistake if you think that this is something you can flaunt on your wrist or on social media as a gen. It is nothing like the gen.
The flaws are plentiful, and it all depends on your level of observation and knowledge. Like what QueTip mentioned, read through this thread if you want to learn more. I will just like to reiterate that this is a passable, maybe good rep at best but don't go heaping unworthy appellations like "super rep" or "1:1" on it, that is like saying that a Toyota Camry and a Rolls Royce are both cars and almost identical. I do not agree with it being on the "super rep list". You can either listen to the general consensus, or you can acquire real knowledge about the watch for yourself. Anyone who drapes terms like "NWBIG", "super rep", "1:1" etc has a lot to learn about the watch. The "super rep list" is not a point of reference for me. I like to make my own observations and what others think or write does not really affect or influence me.

If you own gens, and handle them enough, you do not need google pics or the posts put up by others to learn your stuff. If you are a reader and purveyor of information, then be discerning and separate the wheat from the chaff. Learn to make your own assessment, because at the end of the day, what matters is how YOU view the watch. If it is good enough for you, and a fantastic 1:1 super rep you fall to your knees to worship each time the watch is mentioned, then go for it and ignore what everyone else think. You are the owner and wearer, to hell with the opinion of others. If you like the watch, then don't worry about what others see when they gaze upon it.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

Find your nearest boutique and handle a real one.
The fake is pretty, and it's well made - has a lot of nice details on it, especially the case, but it's in a different league to the real thing.

That consensual list is a conversation piece at best. A lot of folks like that sort of thing. But none of them are indistinguishable from the real thing. None of them.
'NWBIG' is just an opinion / frame of mind.

Reactions: watcho and legend