• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Hey guys, recently I bought a xs rubber strap including the plots from puretime and it arrived today, but the problem is, the plots can fit into the case nicely but the strap can't(the screw hole doesn't match), do you guys have any solutions beside cutting the head of the strap??

First mount the plots onto the strap then try to fit the plots into the case - of course without scratching it.

Should be easier than to fiddle the screws in through the already stiff and fixed endlinks.

hahamen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/18
First mount the plots onto the strap then try to fit the plots into the case - of course without scratching it.

Should be easier than to fiddle the screws in through the already stiff and fixed endlinks.

I tried this method as well...but no luck...I pushed the strap as hard as I can to the watch case but the screw hole between the plot and watch just hardly match :(

Sent from the RWI App

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I tried this method as well...but no luck...I pushed the strap as hard as I can to the watch case but the screw hole between the plot and watch just hardly match :(

Sent from the RWI App

The strap should not be pushed as hard as you can to the watch case. There is a small gap between the straps edge and case edge. Are you saying you cannot get the bar to align and fit into the hole on the side of the strap, or are you saying that the bar can go through the first section of the strap, but not into the first plot?

Reactions: Allure

hahamen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/18
The strap should not be pushed as hard as you can to the watch case. There is a small gap between the straps edge and case edge. Are you saying you cannot get the bar to align and fit into the hole on the side of the strap, or are you saying that the bar can go through the first section of the strap, but not into the first plot?

Erm...I think you misunderstood my problem. Haha. Please pardon my English as it’s not my mother language. The plots fit nicely with the strap, the only problem is the strap edge seems longer a bit which caused I cannot put the screw in from the case to the plot. Anyway, I solved the problem by trimming down a little bit on the strap edge with sandpaper, now it fits perfectly. Thank you for replying :)

Sent from the RWI App

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
From Kobe rubber side by side with Gen
1c592ef2ce699ffdd9c9f01821134d70.jpg
7a0da1a388845921f7f6546329eec3e8.jpg
8f6d6b2fe880f9007f6c17e35d70508c.jpg
f94c98aaa48d48545687e1f1be058c86.jpg
4df672c3e149d1e2f836d3a6542cc76e.jpg
3118d163202a59058f1066154fc9b848.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Give gen plots a few years on the wrist and the fit will look sloppy as anything.

They need to fix the inner bezel numerals - and forget about messing around with plots.

Reactions: watcho

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Give gen plots a few years on the wrist and the fit will look sloppy as anything.

They need to fix the inner bezel numerals - and forget about messing around with plots.

I will wait
ccc63f1514f2f10c6e65b2acd2d2648b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
while it is nice to have the rep case accepting gen plots/straps it is of course more important to achieve a better over all appearance of the face of the watch like already said.

At least they don't stop evolving... even if it happens stutterly...

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I don’t think coming ZF can reach JF level, asked Kobe about new 15703 D5 maker he saw it , it’s trash..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

cistiman

Horology Curious
26/4/19
Fine. I went for it!

After months of reading here, I concluded this watch is the best compromise for what I was looking for: a design I like, with extremely low probability to be caught on the fact it's a replica as it is OOB.

In fact I intend to wear it almost daily when I go out and at work meetings.

What do you guys think?
I'd also appreciate if anyone could be so kind to help a newbie like myself examining the QC pics when I will get and upload.

cistiman

Horology Curious
26/4/19
Hello guys

just received my QC!

As it's my first replica, could anyone please give me their opinion on whether I should green light or not?

I really value and appreciate the opinion of you all, as for sure most are very experienced users!

Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/Fqy6hBN

Fqy6hBN

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hello guys

just received my QC!

As it's my first replica, could anyone please give me their opinion on whether I should green light or not?

I really value and appreciate the opinion of you all, as for sure most are very experienced users!

Thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/Fqy6hBN

You’re buying a $400 rep and not a $15k gen. As long as you like it, accept it. Even the most perfectly finished specimen with flawless printing and alignment will still be a replica with a long list of flaws compared with the gen, which I will be happy to point out to you if you’re interested.

And I believe it’s against the rules to post QC pics to get opinions unless you have a specific issue you’re concerned with. So do you have a specific concern you’ll like the community to help you with?

Reactions: Allure

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
You’re buying a $400 rep and not a $15k gen. As long as you like it, accept it. Even the most perfectly finished specimen with flawless printing and alignment will still be a replica with a long list of flaws compared with the gen, which I will be happy to point out to you if you’re interested.

And I believe it’s against the rules to post QC pics to get opinions unless you have a specific issue you’re concerned with. So do you have a specific concern you’ll like the community to help you with?

Gen new more than 20 K
This rep need fix some flaws and will be super super Rep , that’s all .

cistiman

Horology Curious
26/4/19

Thanks.

I'd be happy for you to list the flaws, that would be highly appreciated.

Main one I don't like is the apparent misalignment between inner ring and 12 o'clock markers

seikolonian09

Known Member
23/12/18
Thanks.

I'd be happy for you to list the flaws, that would be highly appreciated.

Main one I don't like is the apparent misalignment between inner ring and 12 o'clock markers

Hey, if you really want to do your research before purchasing your 1st rep, you may start by reading the entire thread.

Most of the issue about the watch have already been discussed.