• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

cvlno

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/18
Just got QC on my replacement (ARF SD43 V3)
I’m waiting until they fix the lume outline on the ROO Diver before I’ll purchase again. When they fix that and perfect the date font a little I think we’ll have our first true AP Super Rep.
Hopefully that time comes sooner rather than later.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Just got QC on my replacement (ARF SD43 V3)
I’m waiting until they fix the lume outline on the ROO Diver before I’ll purchase again. When they fix that and perfect the date font a little I think we’ll have our first true AP Super Rep.
Hopefully that time comes sooner rather than later.

The opposite direction for me. I sold my ARF SD43 V2 because the dial just looks so fake compared to gen. The 6, 9 and especially the 12 o‘clock markers are a deal breaker. Marker at 12 o‘clock sitting way too high and the edges are way too sharp. When they update them to rounded markers I will order the watch again.
Also the insert engravings color which was perfect looking out of the box faded away after going into the sea once and then looked super dark like on a Noob V7 lol
The bracelet on mine felt flimsy, too light and rattling.
The only perfect thing about the watch was the clasp and the date font and magnification + perfect black hole effect.
I hope you are lucky with the date magnification on your V3 because I saw some pictures where the mag was too strong. Like 3x and not 2,5x like gen rolex has.

I just ordered a Diver V9.5 at puretime. Saw the gen in real life and it just blew my mind how solid it looks on the wrist. Not too big like the ROO 44mm and not as high as a DEEPSEA with its 18mm height.
When they release a V10 with the ghostlines I may sell the V9.5 but till then I will enjoy the 9.5.
If somebody is able to call me out because of the ghostlines or the high beat movement I will ask him about his name on RWI :D
In my opinion Rolex replicas have way more tells and way more people know where they are and what to look at.
Too many Youtube Videos around: How to spot a fake Rolex. But not so many videos about spotting fake APs.

Last edited:

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
The opposite direction for me. I sold my ARF SD43 V2 because the dial just looks so fake compared to gen. The 6, 9 and especially the 12 o‘clock markers are a deal breaker. Marker at 12 o‘clock sitting way too high and the edges are way too sharp. When they update them to rounded markers I will order the watch again.
Also the insert engravings color which was perfect looking out of the box faded away after going into the sea once and then looked super dark like on a Noob V7 lol
The only perfect thing about the watch was the clasp and the date font and magnification + perfect black hole effect.
I hope you are lucky with the date magnification on your V3 because I saw some pictures where the mag was too strong. Like 3x and not 2,5x like gen rolex has.

I just ordered a Diver V9.5 at puretime. Saw the gen in real life and it just blew my mind how solid it looks on the wrist. Not too big like the ROO 44mm and not as high as a DEEPSEA with its 18mm height.
When they release a V10 with the ghostlines I may sell the V9.5 but till then I will enjoy the 9.5.
If somebody is able to call me out because of the ghostlines or the high beat movement I will ask him about his name on RWI :D
In my opinion Rolex replicas have way more tells and way more people know where they are and what to look at.
Too many Youtube Videos around: How to spot a fake Rolex. But not so many videos about spotting fake APs.

Not only ghostlines, JF need to update DW Font very close to Gen , they have all Divers models Gen samples, I’m waiting for waiting...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
The ghost outlines is just one flaw. It’s not like the outlines and the high beat are the only flaws. It’s far from perfect. If you know anything about watches it is easy to tell it’s a rep.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

yes eventually it all boils down to wearing what you like, knowing the flaws you can live with and those you cannot, and of course, knowing that this is a hobby which probably holds less than 2% significance in your life. Whether you have a gen diver or a rep one on your wrist, is nobody's business but your own.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
yes eventually it all boils down to wearing what you like, knowing the flaws you can live with and those you cannot... Whether you have a gen diver or a rep one on your wrist, is nobody's business but your own.
Well said.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Hey guys,

Just received my QCs for my JF Diver V9.5.

Click on the pictures to see higher quality pics.

Is there a real misalignment of the dial and the inner bezel ring? Or is it just because the inner bezel ring is turned a little bit and it can be adjusted on the diver crown?
I never had an AP Diver before so I don‘t know how exactly the inner bezel can be adjusted or if it will always sit that shitty like on that QC front pic lol

I can see too much lume (lume spillover) on the 6 o‘clock and 9 o‘clock marker. Are my eyes playing tricks or is it really too long lume?

The caseback seems to sit very bad on the midcase. Look at the second pic the edge on the left especially... Thinking about rejecting this model. What‘s your opinion on my points?

060-C00-E8-5827-4160-9-D10-B730-BF55-A6-C7.jpg

1-BEBD4-BB-5175-4007-A74-A-641-EA88749-A0.jpg

Last edited:

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Well Sead is my preferred TD. But I have rejected a watch from him before. I guess no TD is a guarantee against a bad watch supplied from the factory.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Plz JF need new version..

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Good choice, Which TD did you use? I got mine from Sead and I could not be any happier.

My TD is puretime. I ordered the AP Diver V9.5 and rejected it. But ordered a Noob V8 Sub Hulk A2836 in the same order for a friend and the QCs pure perfection for a Noob Sub. Even the sels are perfect and no crooked markers. Seems like Noob is stepping up their game.

Anyways this is an AP thread so now I am waiting for the next Diver V9.5.
Hope it will look great. Otherwise I was thinking about maybe changing to the new black JF Diver 15710 V9 what puretime just listed. But the open caseback is really a huge tell and I prefer the A2824 over the Miyota 9015.
Also I don‘t know if this new Diver has the movable end links like the V9.5 has. The only great thing is that it doesn‘t have this pinion hole in the second hand like the V9.5 has.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
My TD is puretime. I ordered the AP Diver V9.5 and rejected it. But ordered a Noob V8 Sub Hulk A2836 in the same order for a friend and the QCs pure perfection for a Noob Sub. Even the sels are perfect and no crooked markers. Seems like Noob is stepping up their game.

Anyways this is an AP thread so now I am waiting for the next Diver V9.5.
Hope it will look great. Otherwise I was thinking about maybe changing to the new black JF Diver 15710 V9 what puretime just listed. But the open caseback is really a huge tell and I prefer the A2824 over the Miyota 9015.
Also I don‘t know if this new Diver has the movable end links like the V9.5 has. The only great thing is that it doesn‘t have this pinion hole in the second hand like the V9.5 has.

ZF working on 15703 confirmed

Reactions: xartan

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
ZF working on 15703 confirmed

Who said that and how is something confirmed in the rep game? ;)

please enlighten us a bit with your insider knowledge!

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Second QC‘s I got today and watch is already accepted.
Caseback plate is still not perfectly aligned 100% to the mid case but a lot better than the first watch I was shown.
Also the markers at 12 o‘clock seem to be a little bit separated at the top so there is a small gap but I don‘t give a sh*** lol
Will switch it for a V10 or if ZF really releases a 15703 then I will switch it for this model :D

free photo hosting