• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Could just be the picture and the angle. Looking at the picture of the gen dial set above the markers could also look crooked. But I doubt they really are on a gen.

gabrok

Horology Curious
23/2/19
Could just be the picture and the angle. Looking at the picture of the gen dial set above the markers could also look crooked. But I doubt they really are on a gen.

9a7ltc.jpg

Woundup

YNWA
Patron
Certified
9/12/18
5, 7 and 9 markers are definitely misaligned and perhaps a couple of others are not perfect. If you plan to have this watch serviced by a modder for future reliability, this would not be an expensive fix during the service.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
So why do the markers on the gen above it look misaligned? I doubt they really are. I think it might the viewing angle making it look that way.

But I agree it looks weird on the picture as I stated earlier as well.

Last edited:

gabrok

Horology Curious
23/2/19
Ok I reject this watch! It is just too pricey to accept a misaligned one.

Nobody69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/19
Looking back on v7 and earlier versions, is it possible that those were better? Curious the tells on those?

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I second what the gentleman before me said. The AP subforum used to be a fun place where people in the know would share project experiences, discuss builds and the like. To me it's never been a "rep" place, I couldn't care less about that, as any TD's site would be a great alternative if that was all that interested me. On the contrary, I always liked the fact that many members were here not because they lacked the cash to go and show off their acquisitions on forums such as trf and the like, but instead were truly interested in the hobby as a forum to forge friendships and build and share knowledge.

I personally have burnt enough cash on AP spares to buy a few gens. I do and have done that as a hobbyist and as someone who's genuinely interested in studying the craftsmanship, the geometry, the finishes in a way which is not possible if you simply buy a ready gen timepiece. And have always taken time to share my explorations in one way or another. And indeed there were times when people actually appreciated efforts such as that (not that I ever sought or expected any form of gratitude) and were not calling us names. So yes, indeed, this place has turned dark so I might reconsider how much time and knowledge I actually invest here.

Oh, well, but because I'm a schooled scientist and I like the empirics of it all, below I'm offering a few photos of various diver parts (from my rwi archives) for our esteemed fellow memberMKTimer to study and then judge the qualities of any given rep or engage in verbally abusing valued members such as QueTip and legend. Having the grand total of 20 something post doesn't help much when you abuse people. I truly try to be friendly with people but such attitudes are not to be tolerated here. Dark place indeed

Gen dial
VRe7S3.jpg

Gen dial's lume
VReL32.jpg

Gen dial's rehaut
VReY68.jpg

Gen dial set
VRet9d.jpg

Gen datewheel and 3120
VReqCb.jpg

Quite like the v9.5 indeed or not?
Thanks for sharing! The gen is clearly from another planet and much better looking.
I think this is a good rep. But still a rep and nothing like the gen when looking at the details. I try to enjoy a rep for what it is without claiming it's looking like the gen not always succeeding though :)
As for the "misaligned markers" I really think it may just be the picture. It's not very likely the gen really has misaligned markers like the picture could suggest now, is it? So that's probably the case for the rep as well. It does look weird on that picture though.

Anyway one would have to hold it in his hands to tell for sure.

Reactions: legend

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Ok I reject this watch! It is just too pricey to accept a misaligned one.

Can you please share a QC pic from the new watch you get so we have a chance to see if it was just the picture lying.

Nobody69

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/2/19
Has anyone noticed the case back doesn't 100% line up with the case itself or is this just a flaw on mine? (jf 9.5)
Screen-Shot-2019-04-30-at-6-46-51-PM.png

Also, upon opening the caseback it appears as though 2 screws were missing inside the case. It appears as though on the puretime site these were missing also? was this the case for everyone or on gen?
Screen-Shot-2019-04-25-at-11-23-37-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-04-30-at-6-49-14-PM.png

please see pic above ^ 2 screws were left out.

bosaftw

6/6/16
Germany
Has anyone noticed the case back doesn't 100% line up with the case itself or is this just a flaw on mine? (jf 9.5)
Screen-Shot-2019-04-30-at-6-46-51-PM.png

Also, upon opening the caseback it appears as though 2 screws were missing inside the case. It appears as though on the puretime site these were missing also? was this the case for everyone or on gen?
Screen-Shot-2019-04-25-at-11-23-37-PM.png

Screen-Shot-2019-04-30-at-6-49-14-PM.png

please see pic above ^ 2 screws were left out.

Wow this is scary! Can anybody else please post pictures of his V9.5 if the case is aligned well?
I was going to order the watch soon but this doesn‘t look well made...

Nzxtchamp

Horology Curious
14/3/19
The date seems to be not accurate as in the fonts

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Hamptons28

21/8/12
I have ordered three v9.5 divers from In time and the quality control has been more than awful, which is shocking from a so called “super rep.” The first two watches had both multiple misaligned markers with lume spillover.

I finally received a decent watch but found Lume spillover on the top of 2 o clock marker. Would you approve this watch? How much would it cost me to fix this?
8cee11171bea8096dcf87d6705ef33c1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I have ordered three v9.5 divers from In time and the quality control has been more than awful on these watches. The first two watches had both misaligned markers with lume spillover.

I finally received a decent watch but found Lume spillover on the top of 2 o clock marker. Would you approve this watch? How much would it cost me to fix this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what do you mean the 2 o clock marker has lume spillover?

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
It certainly is there. It would bug me as well. A thing that once you see, you cannot unsee. Same as the tachy lume without the ghost outlines.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
An iPhone screen is probably not the best for seeing such things.