• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

eugi18

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/3/14
I'm a bit annoyed by the space between the case and the plots. Is this normal? I don't remember my v7 having this... then again, it's been awhile since I had it.

I too got the 9.5 and was annoyed with the size of gap( from photos of gens and even in person the gap is not as large) and also the movement of the links, so I made a very simple mod. I glued 2 very small pieces of shrink wrap to the end links. They close the gap a little but not completely which is what I was after, it also stops the strap felling so flimsy. I don't recommend this mod if you have a smaller wrist size than and 7" unless you have wide thin wrists. This mod is done with only superglue and shrink wrap and is completely reversible .

https://picr.me/image/VWXyr8

https://picr.me/image/VWXJw3

https://picr.me/image/VWXUzb

As you can see below, most of the AP's (gens) have this gap between the case and the plots, which is completely normal.

P.S photos are taken by me

Screenshot-20190329-030627-Gallery.jpg

Screenshot-20190329-030652-Gallery.jpg

Reactions: SpootyPuff

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Anyone can plz confirm exactly thickness for v9.5
Not deco one
Gen 15703
0e00286ba490d0681e75647b6d908b09.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I’m waiting for the updated white dial version for summer ????

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

I’m waiting from v1 till now for Flawless H version,
Look like forever..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nzxtchamp

Horology Curious
14/3/19
Anyone notice differences with v9.5 date wheel vs gen ?

jg3456

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
31/7/12
Denver, CO
Re. white dial diver, saw 2019 (2018?) Gen in Mexico City (Berger , av Mazyrik)... Mega Tapestry dial no more, a slightly textured, terrible (imho) new design dial . (interestingly on white AP rubber) .. hopeful rep doesn’t follow suit ..

Nzxtchamp

Horology Curious
14/3/19
Hi all anyone had studied v9.5 date wheel font is it close to gen ?

cvlno

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/6/18
Thought I would hop back into this thread for anyone that didn't feel like reading for themselves to see the flaws with this watch that I admittedly missed in my initial review.

I know no rep is perfect but I'm extremely picky with my reps so I sold it due to the following reasons.
  1. Font is realllly close but could still be perfected. Probably one of the best AP date fonts yet from a factory so kudos to JF.
  2. The Ghost outlines around numbers in rotating bezel are missing, this is an instant tell and the main thing that pushed me to sell mine.
  3. Caseback could be improved but doesn't really effect super-rep status as its on the backside of the watch.
If they fix the listed issue above this watch would be one of the best and most accurate reps out there.

Reactions: vcappp and Repworld

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
Thought I would hop back into this thread for anyone that didn't feel like reading for themselves to see the flaws with this watch that I admittedly missed in my initial review.

I know no rep is perfect but I'm extremely picky with my reps so I sold it due to the following reasons.
  1. Font is realllly close but could still be perfected. Probably one of the best AP date fonts yet from a factory so kudos to JF.
  2. The Ghost outlines around numbers in rotating bezel are missing, this is an instant tell and the main thing that pushed me to sell mine.
  3. Caseback could be improved but doesn't really effect super-rep status as its on the backside of the watch.
If they fix the listed issue above this watch would be one of the best and most accurate reps out there.

at least you tried the rep and decided this version not for you

Reactions: cvlno