• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

Steste

12/5/18
PrKFQ.jpg

Pr6ZA.jpg

What is the size of your wrist ?
I have a 6.75 inches wrist and fear this may look too big

Reactions: Spatiumtemporis

FTW

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/18
I just received my v9.5 diver. I can confirm, the mid-case and endlinks have both been charged. I tried the new endlinks/band on my v9 and then did not go one. I will do more test fits with various other parts later this week. I will try the new endlinks/bang on my Noob v3.5 case and see if they fit. The dial on the v9 looks better than the one on v9.5.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
Wow, i'm pretty amazed by this one, might pick one anytime soon!

FTW

25/9/18
I stand corrected, the endlinks/plots are not different, just a hair of a variation from batch to batch. I pulled out the 5 sets that I bough from PT before and they were the same as other ones.
So it is just the mid-case that is different.

FTW

25/9/18
The new endlinks fit the v9. I forgot how hard with the strap on it is to get onto the v9.
I tried the endlinks without the strap and they fit the same as the v9 link, tight to the case.

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Gen model on my wrist
The fixation with a ghost outline on the inner bezel numerals is just that - fixation with a ghost. All this crap from so-called experts who probably have never even been within seeing distance of a gen AP calling out 99.99% replicas as not worth buying and would rather wait for v100 is really rather annoying. Most high end gen owners (also called one Rolex owners) don't know what an AP is, leave alone call out the inner bezel from across the room. The bigger tell is the dude getting out of a delivery truck wearing an AP as someone previously said.

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Gen model on my wrist
The fixation with a ghost outline on the inner bezel numerals is just that - fixation with a ghost. All this crap from so-called experts who probably have never even been within seeing distance of a gen AP calling out 99.99% replicas as not worth buying and would rather wait for v100 is really rather annoying. Most high end gen owners (also called one Rolex owners) don't know what an AP is, leave alone call out the inner bezel from across the room. The bigger tell is the dude getting out of a delivery truck wearing an AP as someone previously said.

Any case back pic...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
this crap from so-called experts who probably have never even been within seeing distance of a gen AP calling out 99.99% replicas as not worth buying and would rather wait for v100 is really rather annoying.

While I agree with some of your stated points, you should really revise your opinion on some of the forums 'experts'. I could name you numerous that have probably handled more APs in a month (they are not in the profession that sells watches to earn a living) than you have seen on pics throughout the brands. By your type of mounting yourself above someone because you own a gen diver (real extra :lol: ), you wouldn’t see an expert if he slapped you in the face.

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
I assume the comments are based on the fact this is my first post on RWI. I assure you I am not a newbie to the rep game and have been next door since 2012. I also have a lot more gens than reps. The only reason there are so many opinionated " experts", irrespective of how many watches they handle every day, on the AP diver is because it is repped so well in the first place or I am pretty sure most people wouldn't even have a clue when it was first introduced, the difference between a H and I series, 15703 vs 15710 etc etc. I am just saying the latest JF version is ridiculously good, it is not going to be called out across the room and people really need to chill with the critique of minuscule details on a replica watch which is close to 99% accurate at about 2% of the price.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Gen model on my wrist

I do agree with you on some counts, especially what you consider to be the biggest tell for rep watches. Well put.
But a lot of guys, myself included, own gen APs, and a lot of the comparisons were made vs gens (most of the time their own) side by side with the rep. So I will regard their opinions to be valid and valued. If you were hoping for your gen AP diver to add weight (pardon the pun) to your statement, or are here hoping to impress, take a look at the picture threads of APs that the members own here. There are a lot of far more impressive models, and yes, they are owned by members here. The guys are knowledgeable and they know what they are talking about.
Your may have your valid point, and I am not disputing it, but don't try to act in a supercilious manner just because you own a gen AP. Many of us own gen APs, and definitely know what they look like, and what they are.

FTW

25/9/18
Gen model on my wrist

I agree that the timing ring nuber outline cannot been seen from any distance. On a stock ap diver rep the blue Cyclops can be seen the most from a distance followed by the dial.
The best non-Franken diver rep is a combination of the previous models. I would say the new v9.5 case, Noob v3.5 dial, Mikey Cyclops and datewheel. It would be Very hard to tell from 2 feet that it was a rep. That being said, I think I will build just that.
But really my Noob v3.5 with Mikey datewheel, Cyclops, JF v7 timing ring and flexable endlink mod is already already to that point, but I will and the v9.5 case since I have it now anyway.
But if they ever come out with a version that has a better timing ring, I would buy it just to check it out in person.
I do agree that sometimes people go overboard with the tells.

Reactions: hhmdl and LVR

ossi

30/4/15
The dial on the v9 looks better than the one on v9.5.

Did they change it? Some more details on this please!
Also the date change, is it immediate or too slow?
Thanks!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Did they change it? Some more details on this please!
Also the date change, is it immediate or too slow?
Thanks!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

For the date change, remember that only the gen AP3120 caliber, and the A2836 offers an instantaneous change. For movements like A2824, 2892, miyota etc, all will exhibit some form of roll before changing over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Guess which one the Gen
R factory
866c989678947b340fcd874c64551c85.jpg

It’s starting to look hilarious on Tapatalk, when the preview pic for this thread is a clothed talking deer lol. Come on repworld. ????

Reactions: Allure