• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

In Depth Review - AP ROO Diver JF "v9.5"

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Case back completely wrong not only o

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
In that video the "o" doesn't look as bad as in the pictures

Gen H Model
ed78b3420b193aaf9160f8ed07c38e5b.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Anyway I will waiting last chance after DW update new case back and new outline numeral maybe v10 , JF have Gen I Model Gen H Gen carbon they know every detail but playing marketing step by step ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
"Not so good at their job" they didn't look at it through a loupe, and since I know them quite well and have bought gen before they had no reason to. If you're just taking a peek at the watch before setting it down on a tray there aren't really any immediate tells (aside from the caseback apparently) I was under the impression it was improved. Still not the same as gen, but on wrist still definitely a super rep.

No, this is not a super rep. Like what mech500 pointed out and I mentioned this many times, the dive bezel numbers/lume construction of ANY SS diver is a dead giveaway. The FC and ceramic diver reps have more accurate lume construction than the SS diver (though still flawed). The white borders around the gen dive bezel numbers are distinctive and can be spotted across the table by a myopic, and because they are a visible feature which you cannot unsee once you see it, there is no way this will qualify as a super rep if you know what to look for, no matter what version.
The XF FC diver rep is closer than this one in my opinion, and I do personally prefer the 2836 movement vs the 2824 movement for this watch. Yes they have improved the datewheel, but as long as they do not fix the diver bezel numbers, this will never qualify, even visually, as a super rep.
If the AD sales reps know their game, they will instantly be able to call this out as a rep, like many here can.

kampachi

Renowned Member
7/1/14
Wonder why is it so hard for them to fix the lume construction. Cost saving maybe? Well they would not prove it as long as people are still buying more of their ‘new and unimproved’ releases

FTW

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/18
I still don't see this "Huge" difference that makes this caseback so wrong. Maybe someone can circle these "Huge" tells on the rep that are different than the Gen. maybe I have just been looking at these pictures to long or something. The biggest tell for me is the dial not being as wet as the Gen and somewhat the Timing ring numbers not being as fat (due to the missing outline". But even the timing ring is hard to spot at 3 feet. The dial is my biggest tell. On the older models, the endlinks were the easiest tell, the tight fit of them to the case could be seen from further away than the dial.
On the FC Gen there is almost no gap (very very little gap compared to SS models) between the endlinks and the case.

Reactions: SuperLory

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
I still don't see this "Huge" difference that makes this caseback so wrong. Maybe someone can circle these "Huge" tells on the rep that are different than the Gen. maybe I have just been looking at these pictures to long or something. The biggest tell for me is the dial not being as wet as the Gen and somewhat the Timing ring numbers not being as fat (due to the missing outline". But even the timing ring is hard to spot at 3 feet. The dial is my biggest tell. On the older models, the endlinks were the easiest tell, the tight fit of them to the case could be seen from further away than the dial.
On the FC Gen there is almost no gap (very very little gap compared to SS models) between the endlinks and the case.

Nothing wrong in numeral there is fat and slim v9.5 is Correct
Gen H model
6397f671f021ebcd63f580d22227d089.jpg

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
The biggest tell for me is the dial not being as wet as the Gen and somewhat the Timing ring numbers not being as fat (due to the missing outline". But even the timing ring is hard to spot at 3 feet. The dial is my biggest tell. On the older models, the endlinks were the easiest tell, the tight fit of them to the case could be seen from further away than the dial.

We have different success criteria. For me it’s irrelevant what the watch looks like from 3 feet away. Things bother me if they look wrong to my eyes when I look at my watch on my wrist up and close...but I see your point that these “tells” are not really that big a deal. It’s just when you see something “wrong “ with your own watch, it’s hard to un see it....yes nobody else will ever see the “flaw”’but like I said, that is irrelevant to me.

rig00n

18/10/18
We have different success criteria. For me it’s irrelevant what the watch looks like from 3 feet away. Things bother me if they look wrong to my eyes when I look at my watch on my wrist up and close...but I see your point that these “tells” are not really that big a deal. It’s just when you see something “wrong “ with your own watch, it’s hard to un see it....yes nobody else will ever see the “flaw”’but like I said, that is irrelevant to me.

I agree with you. When it’s pointed out, you can’t unsee it. This watch does look pretty good though.

Reactions: mech500

jttou

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/14
Not sure if this has been answered yet, but is the steel bracelet available with TD's?

Repworld

Mythical Poster
27/12/16
Can I know what’s problem with lume ?

FTW

25/9/18

I agree, I build my watches for me not other people. I was pointing out that the dial (besides the endlinks) was the easiest tell and biggest flaw to me.

When I look down at my divers, first thing I use to notice was the endlinks, then it was the dial, last was the timing ring numbers because they are smaller and harder to see. I wish they could fix the Timing ring. Another thing that really bothers me is when the timing ring isn't lined up properly. The newer divers (at least the v9) have a little pin that lines the timing ring housing up with 12 o'clock on the caee, I like that feature.

Reactions: mech500 and vcappp

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Could I ask any owners of the v9.5 for their views on the endlinks? I'm not especially concerned about most of the differences from Gen that are referenced in this thread such as the lack of ghost outline on the bezel numbers or the caseback as firstly my eyes are dreadful and I don't notice that stuff, and secondly I don't really know (or care) what the Gen looks like in detail - I just know I like this watch.
So I'm inclined to buy it in spite of the 'tells', but what I don't want us a watch that feels flimsy/weird on the wrist because of floppy endlinks. When I went to place an order with my TD the other day, they replied saying, 'You do realise this is the one with the floppy endlinks, right?' as if the very prospect of ordering this watch was the most ridiculous notion ever countenanced by man!

So, to the owners of the v9.5, can I ask how you feel about the endlinks???? Their feel/fit/look etc?

​​​​​​​Thanks!

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Could I ask any owners of the v9.5 for their views on the endlinks? I'm not especially concerned about most of the differences from Gen that are referenced in this thread such as the lack of ghost outline on the bezel numbers or the caseback as firstly my eyes are dreadful and I don't notice that stuff, and secondly I don't really know (or care) what the Gen looks like in detail - I just know I like this watch.
So I'm inclined to buy it in spite of the 'tells', but what I don't want us a watch that feels flimsy/weird on the wrist because of floppy endlinks. When I went to place an order with my TD the other day, they replied saying, 'You do realise this is the one with the floppy endlinks, right?' as if the very prospect of ordering this watch was the most ridiculous notion ever countenanced by man!

So, to the owners of the v9.5, can I ask how you feel about the endlinks???? Their feel/fit/look etc?

Thanks!

Even the gen feels weird compared to the JF stiffness... will have a V9.5 in about 2 weeks in hand to give a good answer hopefully.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
So I'm inclined to buy it in spite of the 'tells', but what I don't want us a watch that feels flimsy/weird on the wrist because of floppy endlinks.

​​​​​​​Thanks!

Mate, Flimsy/floppy is the One thing that this watch is not.

Gen end-links with time and wear loosen up a LOT. Each one I have held “feels” different...so I would say go for it.