• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best offshore diver?

ossi

30/4/15
This is grossly exaggerated

The font of jf is a dead giveaway instant tell, whereas how many of those in the know would know the position of the balance wheel of a gen or a miyota cmon

I thought the v9.5 15703 has an almost perfect DW (except for the 29).

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I thought the v9.5 15703 has an almost perfect DW (except for the 29).

The v9.5 diver, or any other stainless steel diver rep for that matter, is not in the same league as the xf FC v2 diver. It doesn’t matter if it has flexible endlinks, or accurate datewheel or not. The main tell is still the dive bezel numbers. Until they fix that, I won’t consider it a super rep. Just an acceptable one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
Apart form the dive bezel numbers, the new XF FC v2 diver date font is it correct legend ?
And dive bezel numbers also correct for XF FC diver?

ossi

30/4/15
The v9.5 diver, or any other stainless steel diver rep for that matter, is not in the same league as the xf FC v2 diver. It doesn’t matter if it has flexible endlinks, or accurate datewheel or not. The main tell is still the dive bezel numbers. Until they fix that, I won’t consider it a super rep. Just an acceptable one.

You did not consider the biggest tell of the XF. Who is believing you, that you wear a limited edition very rare >20,000€ watch?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
You did not consider the biggest tell of the XF. Who is believing you, that you wear a limited edition very rare >20,000€ watch?

If you’re referring to me, I think that a guy in my career position can pull off a gen FC diver easily.
If nobody questions me on, say, one of my APs pictured below, do you think the price of the FC diver is a tell if I wear it?
20ff033c8afb58e4a1a8a154a87bee2d.jpg

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Apart form the dive bezel numbers, the new XF FC v2 diver date font is it correct legend ?
And dive bezel numbers also correct for XF FC diver?

The dive bezel numbers on the XF FC, though not exact, are a lot closer to the gen compared with any SS diver rep. I’m not claiming it’s 100% but I’m fairly certain that it’s not a visual tell in real life unless scrutinized closely side by side.

For the date font, they look ok in my opinion. Other guys may not agree but to me I think it’s close enough not to be a worry. The datewheel for the xf ceramic diver is actually the closest to gen in my opinion. It uses the i series font and is replicated very nicely.

Reactions: Allure and d3xophen

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
legend ,
Thanks for your reply.
For new bezel, does bezel come with brushed version in Gen ?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
legend ,
Thanks for your reply.
For new bezel, does bezel come with brushed version in Gen ?

I was asked this before by grimusa and shared with him that as far as the gen ceramic bezel, at least 2 variants exists, one with the vertical straight brushes and one with shorter, disjointed brushes. So the rep is correct. It’s actually hard to manufacture ceramic looking any other way. ;)

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12

Except for the clear caseback, can the XF Ceramic V2 Diver (15707) be considered a super rep or is it the same level as FC Diver?
Thanks!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Except for the clear caseback, can the XF Ceramic V2 Diver (15707) be considered a super rep or is it the same level as FC Diver?
Thanks!

In my opinion, yes it is accurate enough, when worn on the wrist. You need to replace the cyclop and do a low beat comversion just like the FC version but it is a beautiful and accurate watch when worn on the wrist.

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
In my opinion, yes it is accurate enough, when worn on the wrist. You need to replace the cyclop and do a low beat comversion just like the FC version but it is a beautiful and accurate watch when worn on the wrist.

Thanks for your comments, Legend.
Another question, does the cyclop needs to be changed to 2xAR? Or 1xAR is accurate (compares with gen).

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
For the cyclop, you can’t go wrong with prof Steve’s double AR one :)

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

Everyone? :lol:

FTW

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/18
I am a poor man a $350 Seiko would be suspicious a fake when I drive my 1983 $500 Toyota car.

Reactions: ossi

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Wow didn't realize... Thanks bud

It is only my opinion and such discussions are pretty subjective. I prefer the case, dial, hands, dw and movement of the xf v2. No it’s not perfect but with a few mods it can be a pretty convincing diver on the wrist.