• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best offshore diver?

MrOptional

8/10/18
Dear friends,

I am looking for some recommendations about my first rep AP Diver. I don't have experience with rep watches, so looking to you for recommendation.

Before I get yelled at and told to do my own research, I would like to mention that I have a medical condition due to which I can't spend more than 60 minutes a day looking at computer screens, TVs, etc. To make a long story short, is something I brought home with me from 12 month tour of duty in 2011. So this kind of limits my ability to do my own research, although I try hard.

In any case, I would like to buy an AP Diver from a TD, and I think the current one is 15710. I am looking for something classic: stainless steel, black dial, ceramic or regular stainless steel bezel. I also like the blue colored Diver model, and the Dark Knight edition.

Based on the above, is there a particular watch that you can recommend, something that is of a better quality, and more identical to the genuine Diver? Would that be a JF Factory V9 15710 similar to the one that I have in a link below? Also, is there any particular movement that should I get for long term reliability?

https://puretime.io/royal-oak-offsh...l-on-rubber-strap-a3120-v9-free-xs-strap.html

On a separate note, I would like to buy 15400 for my brother, but I think I am all set on 15400 JF V3 black or white dial as those seem the best.

Thank you, and appreciate your response. Again, apologies for asking this kind of stuff when I know I should have done my own research, and I will understand if I don't get any responses.

Good day!

ZoomBoy

I'm Pretty Popular
9/11/11
Honestly you’re always generally safe with JF products. I’d recommend both mentioned from any TD. I like to use InTime personally.

Reactions: rmac172

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
I have the ap dive v9 from jf. It Is Great. You will Not be disapointed

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

Maksimum210

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/18
Yeah, jf is a dominator in the AP scene

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя RWI

MrOptional

8/10/18
From what I understand V7 ROO is hard to get given that the V9 is out. Also, I would like to have 15710 since it's the more current one. And I don't want used.

Is there another alternative to the ROO V7/V9 that is a better rep?

I am essentially looking for the best ROO Diver rep.. thank you guys, much appreciated!

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Best AP diver at the moment is forged carbon xf v2

But then you mention dark knight so I’m not sure what you are after

Reactions: eurofan85 and FTW

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Just picked up a nice modded V7, will post when arrives! Glwh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: watchboi

uphoto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/18
Best AP diver at the moment is forged carbon xf v2

But then you mention dark knight so I’m not sure what you are after

I agree with that too. By far the best diver if you ask me. I like the others too but you see too many scratched up looking faces on the regular SS bezels, the black looks so damn good.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I agree with that too. By far the best diver if you ask me. I like the others too but you see too many scratched up looking faces on the regular SS bezels, the black looks so damn good.

having (had) quite a few of ss bezel ROOs I can't deny they get easily scratched (sometimes I wonder when it did happen) but once you enter into the "add character" mentality you can stomach it relatively easier

MrOptional

8/10/18
Do you think forged carbon XF v2 will be better quality and more identical to genuine than SS 15710 from JF?

For some reason I though that JF make far superior AP watch than any other factory...

Also, I couldn't find the FC version of the Diver on AP site, was it discontinued, or is it a limited edition? And besides that there is not that much info on that rep in general...

ubzer

Known Member
26/6/18
Do you think forged carbon XF v2 will be better quality and more identical to genuine than SS 15710 from JF?

For some reason I though that JF make far superior AP watch than any other factory...

Also, I couldn't find the FC version of the Diver on AP site, was it discontinued, or is it a limited edition? And besides that there is not that much info on that rep in general...

yes, was a limited edition. The JF and XF Divers are really good watches. I would go for the 15710

Reactions: Captain.morgan

MrOptional

8/10/18
Thanks everyone. So at this point I have limited my favorite ROO Divers to three:

ROO FC XF V2 (thanks to SuperLory and uphoto!, I did not have this one on my radar)
ROO SS JF v9 15710 (open case back) [or SS with black bezel]
ROO SS JF v9 15703 (closed case back) [or SS with black bezel]

I would like to limit my top choices to two. I would like to keep the FC because I think it looks great, a special piece. Out of the SS, which one would you recommend?

I understand the open case back of 15710 is a giveaway for someone who is experienced with AP. But at the same time 15710 is newer, so more current. While 15703 is less of an obvious rep because of the closed case back, but it's not a rep of a current new watch. any thoughts?

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Thanks everyone. So at this point I have limited my favorite ROO Divers to three:

ROO FC XF V2 (thanks to SuperLory and uphoto!, I did not have this one on my radar)
ROO SS JF v9 15710 (open case back) [or SS with black bezel]
ROO SS JF v9 15703 (closed case back) [or SS with black bezel]

I would like to limit my top choices to two. I would like to keep the FC because I think it looks great, a special piece. Out of the SS, which one would you recommend?

I understand the open case back of 15710 is a giveaway for someone who is experienced with AP. But at the same time 15710 is newer, so more current. While 15703 is less of an obvious rep because of the closed case back, but it's not a rep of a current new watch. any thoughts?

Having (had) a few and currently owning

- 15706 xf v2
- SS 15703 noob v5.1 with v3.5 wet dial
- SS 15710 jf white dial
- 15707 xf v2

I know a thing or two about these guys..

all of them in their gen form have a lowbeat 21,600bph movement. The reps all have a 28,800 high beat movement. Once you see it with your own eyes, it's evident.
This can be modded if you opt for an A2824/36 version.

Only the XF have a close to gen dw: serif/classic font on 15706 and new/modern font on 15707. JF have a bad datewheel: instant tell ! (for our standards - goes without saying !)
You would be in trouble here since Mikey seems to be out of business and I'm not sure whether legend or aflop could help you with that

Also, to address your doubts, 15703 and 15710 not only have a different caseback (close vs open) but also have a different dial in their gen form: wet/glossy on 15703 and matte on 15710. JF is always matte. Old noob v3.5 is wet. On this I know for sure legend and aflop have experimented something (whether or not they can help I'm sorry I do not know)

Very very last but not least, I love prof crystals but I would not use his 2xAR crystal or cyclops on these divers. For cyclops I suggest to go with Mikey or 1xAR prof: a must if you have XF, not a must if you have JF. I would not change the crystals on any of them, they are extremely good stock.

Reactions: legend

MrOptional

8/10/18
SuperLory, Thanks so much. This is super helpful. You definitely know your stuff!

I am 99% set on getting the FC XF v2 per your recommendation.

Then I am also thinking of ordering another one right away. For the second one, JF SS black dial, do you recommend 15703 or 15710 V7 or V9? I am leaning toward 15710 V9 as it is the latest rep of the most recent / current watch. I am probably not going to do any mods really. Which one do you recommend? Any preference about which movement to get?

P.S. I actually like the carbon bezel on those SS, but just realized that carbon bezel on SS doesn't exist on the gen! AP should copy that one from rep, LOL!

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
JF 15703 V9 and XF 15706 V2 if you were to get two APs. Make sure you get a spare JF 15706 TI caseback from the TD as well. They are easy to source and cheap.
I saw your message but did not have time for a well thought response. I like the XF 15706 a lot as it would not get any scatches or dings on the bezel and case so its appearance can remain sharp for a very long time. It is very lightweighted too due to the forged carbon case and TI caseback.

Reactions: vcappp

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
None of the models have carbon bezels. The bezels on 15706 and 15707 are made of a special type of ceramic.
I never considered a 15710 as they can't make the open caseback look the part without a super clone 3120, which does not exist as of today. Someone in the know may not be able to spot the minimal difference in the font of the datewheel or the reflection of the crystal, but many can tell the base movement of your watch is a 2824 or 9015 instead of a 3120 based on the location of the balance wheel through the open caseback.

Reactions: vcappp

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Someone in the know may not be able to spot the minimal difference in the font of the datewheel or the reflection of the crystal, but many can tell the base movement of your watch is a 2824 or 9015 instead of a 3120 based on the location of the balance wheel through the open caseback.

This is grossly exaggerated

The font of jf is a dead giveaway instant tell, whereas how many of those in the know would know the position of the balance wheel of a gen or a miyota cmon

Reactions: d3xophen