• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

15706 Diver Legit Check

razr321

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/17
Hi Guys,

Could I get a legit check on this AP Diver? The seller is asking for 14K, which seems WAY too good to be true...I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to rep watches. I only have 1 for travel right now, rest is gen. This would be only the second time I buy a watch from a forum, not a dealer, so I am very nervous. Any feedback is appreciated. Here's the link:

https://imgur.com/a/Zibhz2s

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Hi Guys,

Could I get a legit check on this AP Diver? The seller is asking for 14K, which seems WAY too good to be true...I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to rep watches. I only have 1 for travel right now, rest is gen. This would be only the second time I buy a watch from a forum, not a dealer, so I am very nervous. Any feedback is appreciated. Here's the link:

https://imgur.com/a/Zibhz2s

Thanks so much!

Bro, if you have 14k to spend buy something on the m2m here.

Stay away from deals that are too good to be true.

And btw, this is a fake. At best it could be a franken, but it doesn’t seem so.

Edit: looking at the photos on a computer and not a phone, this is definitely a rep. Either way, the point is to not trust with your money people you cannot trust.

Last edited:

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
First off, only an idiot would let it go for 14k since this is a limited and highly sought after watch, you could get 20k easily.

The face looks good, but has also been replicated to perfection. Lines on the hour hand look almost too thin (reps usually are too fat in this regard), crystal+cyclops AR looks legit but also hard to judge under that lighing. Markers are a bit off, but ironically AP QC is quite shitty regarding those. Nothing there is a definitve tell and also easily modded.

The business is in the back: The caseback engraving looks iffy and from what I know, there have only been 300 oder 350 in prodcution, so no. 851 demands an explanation. Apart from that, a gen seller with half a brain would cover or blur the serial. The screws on the left side have also apparently been opened once with a screwdriver of the wrong size. And last but not least, I wouldn't buy an AP without seeing the movement first - rep movement decos look nice and all (the FC diver doesn't even have one), but the gen has such a beautiful finishing by hand that will never be replicated.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Clearly the new XF V2 15706 according to the caseback engraving and tapisserie-pattern (especially the amount of lines/ details on the dial)

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Buy from a trusted seller if you’re a noob and can’t spot the differences yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FTW

25/9/18
Really? If anyone looks at this and can't tell by the caseback that it is a XF v2 they are an idiot! I am no expert, but it is as obvious as an elephant in a ball room. This makes me wonder how many people fall prey to one of the scumbags on a rep forum that sells reps to unsuspecting victims. There are a lot of good people on the forums, but also a lot of scumbags.

sn95

Renowned Member
29/7/18
Definitely a rep, look at the backplate. You could find a modded rep on here for around $500

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
I fall into the idiot category unfortunately.

But no way is this idiot parting with 14k unless it’s with a trusted dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Never understood why anyone would trust paying over £5000 for a supposed Gen to a stranger online who doesn't have a shop/business, isn't a registered Jeweller that you can actually trace and walk in ,incase there is a problem. And if it's a private seller meet and authorise first at an AP dealer .... It's gambling just asking members to point out a few tells from a picture without actually seeing the actual watch or movement in person and making final judgements based on that alone. A lot of people have lost money that way , opportunists are everywhere you have to make sure you're not a victim by being smart and taking more pre cautions . Good Luck :)

razr321

7/1/17
Hi Guys,

Thank you so much for all the responses. I would always get a watch verified at an AD when buying used, but I just wanted input before spending the time to meet face to face. Stuff like this is why I'm too scared to buy online! Thanks again.

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
The first thing about the diver, inner ring numberal. Rep cannot the ghost line as gen. This is easy way to tell. If franken, this will different story. By the way i love @tosoboso's franken diver. Wish have the fund i will get his diver right away

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
I sometimes suspect these people are using us to see if they can float these frauds on ebay rather than "is this a watch I should buy."

Reactions: FTW

kaddy

Known Member
14/7/18
Interesting that on the first face-on pic I had to think about whether it was gen or rep. Then I scroll down and see the case back engraving - oh look it's the same as the XF v2 haha.

Last edited:

dhistory

21/11/17
The 25 and 35 markers don’t line up. That’s the biggest tell I’ve found on these xf versions