• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP ROO JF V9 easy to regulate?

Pluto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/1/17
Hey guys, I have the new(?) JF diver V9 on the way to me and I was wondering whereabouts the regulator arm is on the movement? Here's a picture from Puretime where I have numbered four screws as I had read somewhere that it was a screw instead. Could somebody point out to me which screw it would be? Thanks!

QLbBZ.jpg

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
all those screws are decorative. you need to remove the fake decoration plate. looks like the lever 'to the left screw #2' below the fake gears is the adjustment lever for the timing.
better to remove the fake plate for clear line sight

Reactions: Pluto and vcappp

Pluto

25/1/17
all those screws are decorative. you need to remove the fake decoration plate. looks like the lever 'to the left screw #2' below the fake gears is the adjustment lever for the timing.
better to remove the fake plate for clear line sight

Thank you very much for your response, somehow I had completely missed the lever there. In theory removing just those 2 or 4 screws should be enough to access both the fine and gross regulation arm?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thank you very much for your response, somehow I had completely missed the lever there. In theory removing just those 2 or 4 screws should be enough to access both the fine and gross regulation arm?

As per what Garuda said, but take note that manual regulation works for small timing variations and in event of say.. +/- 30 sec, a service will be necessary.

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
fake decoration comes away as one part.
poke sharp tweezer in 2 holes on rotor bearing undo the rotor. remove 2 large screws holding fake plate then lift away. you will see standard 2824 movement. you should remove the automatic works to access the balance levers

Reactions: Pluto and vcappp

Pluto

25/1/17
As per what Garuda said, but take note that manual regulation works for small timing variations and in event of say.. +/- 30 sec, a service will be necessary.
Maybe I am misunderstanding, what you are saying is that if the variation is +/- 30 sec or greater then a service most likely will be necessary, but +17 sec/day (from my qc pictures) would be fine to regulate?

Pluto

25/1/17
fake decoration comes away as one part.
poke sharp tweezer in 2 holes on rotor bearing undo the rotor. remove 2 large screws holding fake plate then lift away. you will see standard 2824 movement. you should remove the automatic works to access the balance levers

Thank you very much for the detailed post!

rj999

I'm Pretty Popular
20/10/13
UK
The 'gross' regulator isn't a regulator at all really. It is used to adjust the at rest position of the balance wheel so that the little pin that hits the pallet fork is centred on the fork. It's so that the 'tick' is equal to the 'tock'. Effectively it moves the balance wheel backwards or forwards. The other regulator arm adjusts the length of the spring, thus speeding up or slowing down the watch.

Here's one of my watches. You can see there are 2 lines on the Timegrapher, and the beat error is showing 0.4mS. If I had the balance correctly centred, there would be one line and a beat error of zero.
CMzUo.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp