• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP lady RO 33mm Quartz - First purchase, need advice please

worldwidemich

Horology Curious
22/9/18
Hello everyone. I'm new here and have been surfing this page for some time now. I'm looking to purchase my first rep. Id love the AP Royal oak 33mm (I'm a woman). Ive read that JF factory v3 is the best way to go, I'm just wondering if anyone has personally bought this exact watch and has one particular seller to recommend? Id like it with a black dial because the blues look iffy to me and to my knowledge there were some problems with the Blue's. Im in between these sellers: Intime, puretime, and Tim (watchfinder) i think? Also, has anyone seen any significant quality differences between the ETA, Miyota, And Ronda movements?

Thank you!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I bought one for my wife. She loves it. I got her the one with the diamond bezel...I know that sounds tacky but the quality is excellent and the fit and finish is spot on. I heard it was out of stock .... might pick up a spare one in case the first one breaks beyond repair.

I’l take some pictures in the morning if that helps.

As for what TD...you can use any. They all have good and bad points (and everyone has their personal favourite) but they are all trusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

worldwidemich

Horology Curious
22/9/18
Thank you for replying! I would definitely go for one with stones I just don't want it to look cheap-ish. Where did you get hers from?

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
I bought one for my wife. She loves it. I got her the one with the diamond bezel...I know that sounds tacky but the quality is excellent and the fit and finish is spot on. I heard it was out of stock .... might pick up a spare one in case the first one breaks beyond repair.

I’l take some pictures in the morning if that helps.

As for what TD...you can use any. They all have good and bad points (and everyone has their personal favourite) but they are all trusted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been considering one of those APs for a while and remember read somewhere the "diamonds" were quite good and looked almost like gen. Can you confirm that? Looking forward to the pics, those will be greatly appreciated (maybe if you can make one close to a 41mm RO as well).

worldwidemich

Horology Curious
22/9/18
I saw sead1999rg Posted one for sale (the 33mm quartz with black dial/ and stones). The stones were very pretty and seemed super illuminated I'm guessing due to lighting. I just don't want them to dull out eventually and have the watch look iffy.

SpackJarrow

Renowned Member
13/4/15
I got one for my wife. A ronda quartz, RG, black dial. No stones. She absolutely loves how slick it is. And wears it on special occasions. She's got her PP NAUTILUS SS quartz other times.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

worldwidemich

Horology Curious
22/9/18
Perfect. I'm totally set on this watch. Now I just need to decide which TD to go through. Who exactly did you use for this purchase?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I saw sead1999rg Posted one for sale (the 33mm quartz with black dial/ and stones). The stones were very pretty and seemed super illuminated I'm guessing due to lighting. I just don't want them to dull out eventually and have the watch look iffy.

The stones look great. Nothing cheap about them. They will not dull over time.

Here’s a quick iPhone video of her watch:
https://youtu.be/abK3tryGsXQ

I don’t know how the video quality comes out via the YouTube link.

If you’re in the UK, just buy the black dial version that sead has in stock. If you don’t, I probably will (as a spare for the wife).

worldwidemich

Horology Curious
22/9/18

If you’re in the UK, just buy the black dial version that sead has in stock. If you don’t, I probably will (as a spare for the wife).

I’m actually in the US and bought one from intime so the one he posted is all yours. Thanks for the video!

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: mech500

Iamnewtorep

Looking Around
26/8/18
Hi! Did you have the chance to buy the watch? I am looking for one too.. I've asked Andrew and Lucy but they said it is out of stock and not in production. Can you please share whom did you get from? Many thanks!

worldwidemich

Horology Curious
22/9/18
Hi! Did you have the chance to buy the watch? I am looking for one too.. I've asked Andrew and Lucy but they said it is out of stock and not in production. Can you please share whom did you get from? Many thanks!

I heard back from Ryan? I think. I bought it from intime. He told me it was in stock by email. Funds haven’t been taken from my cc yet though does it usually take a little to process?

Sent from the RWI App

acozcan

Known Member
6/7/17
Did you able to find your 33mm RO? I am also interested for my wife.. I couldn’t understand if you manage to purchase one.

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU

Thank you for the professionally shot video, not out of focus at all and with beautiful background music. ;-P

d3xophen

Renowned Member
15/9/18
I bought TT diamond bezel one for my wife too. Its on the way. Will upload photos when I receive.

Reactions: vcappp