• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Question about this Audemars Piguet

TomDaarom

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/8/18
hello, I’m looking for a good watch I can buy only, but due to strict customer policies I’m really looking for a watch I can buy in the Netherlands. I found this watch but something just doesn’t seem right. Can you guys help me, if there are any very obvious flaws etc. The guy who is selling it is claiming that he bought the watch for 800€.

(Pictures in next post)

Kind regards,
Tom

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Have you compared that watch to what the TDs are selling to get an idea of what model it might be, and how much it might have cost originally?

That would give you a great deal of valuable information.

Pay particular attention to the dial texture, and in particular the subdials (layout, functionality)... These are huge tells for you, even from the low res photos on here. That should help you determine what's going on with it.

Please let us know what you find out.

[edit]

And DEFINITELY don't buy it until you are confident you know what it is, and are happy that particular model is worth that price for you. Take your time, and do the research - it'll be worth it.

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Surprise ALMOST ruined, but no, it's not that model (not that good, sadly).

Look at the subdials and tapisserie.

And how proudly it proclaims itself as AUTOMATIC!!!

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Never ever is that an automatic version how should this be an automatic version? The only automatic versions which exist are A7750 models which are HUGE, thats a quartz version with a different dial. Look at the shitty bezel screws.

Edit: The tapseries is more junk than narikaas version :D

Reactions: vcappp

Fat Dave

1/6/13
Australia
Tapisserie looks like it just has some tiny grooves cut in it. It's very, ummm... unique.

Subdials - It's got 60 (mins I guess?) at 9-o'clock, and 24 (hours maybe?) at 3-o'clock. No idea what the functionality actually is of any of them...

I can't even remember a watch with that sort of layout and look. Some are close (quartz of course), but I can't find any with this many ... unique features...

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Its 800€ i would not buy it to find out if its Quartz or not.