• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PP Aquanaut 8.5mm thick!!! Why can't we get a 15400 or others at the right thickness?

Bendori

2/5/16
but until now no further information... no leaks, no other "official" statements from known sources...

could be easily explained due to the releases of the updated A7750 ROO line which would drastically implode if a clone would come up.. So no TD will be telling us that a clone is coming... In the other way it could be a shitty rumor.

Dear BIONONE, has there ever been a 'totally fake' rumor in the forums? I thought all these rumors do eventually come true albeit VERY slowly.
I was thinking JF (AP clone) and V6F (3.3mm 324SC clone) just binned the project after facing numerous difficulties.
I mean just look at ZF apparently spending over $5M on the RM and the month wheel doesn't even work according to Angus.
I guess making a fine copy is more difficult than it seems not to mention a high-end movement. :(

Bendori

2/5/16
Hmm I think also reppists did pitch in at one point confirming that JF was working on a non-chrono three hander AP clone movement

Is 'reppists' trustworthy? Isn't he just one of us? Is he somehow related to the industry on a deeper level?

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Is 'reppists' trustworthy? Isn't he just one of us? Is he somehow related to the industry on a deeper level?

Reppists is an insider, in the past he has had access to info and pics days if not weeks in advance

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Dear BIONONE, has there ever been a 'totally fake' rumor in the forums? I thought all these rumors do eventually come true albeit VERY slowly.
I was thinking JF (AP clone) and V6F (3.3mm 324SC clone) just binned the project after facing numerous difficulties.
I mean just look at ZF apparently spending over $5M on the RM and the month wheel doesn't even work according to Angus.
I guess making a fine copy is more difficult than it seems not to mention a high-end movement. :(

rumors often occurs out of a wish. Even though this rumor started from a (in the past) trustworthy source - watchbus and other different independent but valuable insiders like mentioned.

It is of course freaking difficult to develop a clone movement and i was never quite sure about the possibility of a DD chrono module clone combined with a 3120 clone.

Even an optical 3120 clone that matches the gen size wise would change a lot but even this seems to be not as easy - looking at the panerai section and VSF/V6F recent releases of optical clones or even functional clones like the 8500 (beside the lack of co axial mechanism)

I don't know who to believe in these days when it comes to insights. On the one hand there are the insiders that gain nothing than promo and hype from spreading some information. And on the other hand you have valuable dealers that have strong connection to some leaders. And of course nobody in this position wants to damage this connection and relationship by promoting future products of the competition.

That said it is pretty hard to believe anyone in this regard... We just collected information about this topic in a few threads.

Dont want to thread crap this here.

Reactions: Bendori

Bendori

2/5/16
rumors often occurs out of a wish. Even though this rumor started from a (in the past) trustworthy source - watchbus and other different independent but valuable insiders like mentioned.

It is of course freaking difficult to develop a clone movement and i was never quite sure about the possibility of a DD chrono module clone combined with a 3120 clone.

Even an optical 3120 clone that matches the gen size wise would change a lot but even this seems to be not as easy - looking at the panerai section and VSF/V6F recent releases of optical clones or even functional clones like the 8500 (beside the lack of co axial mechanism)

I don't know who to believe in these days when it comes to insights. On the one hand there are the insiders that gain nothing than promo and hype from spreading some information. And on the other hand you have valuable dealers that have strong connection to some leaders. And of course nobody in this position wants to damage this connection and relationship by promoting future products of the competition.

That said it is pretty hard to believe anyone in this regard... We just collected information about this topic in a few threads.

Dont want to thread crap this here.

I guess so. I just wish the factories come up with good movement copies until the Chinese Government kills every single one of them off-an eventuality.
H fac and G fac are gone now. Who's next?

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
The problem is that the rotor gets stuck on the 15400 with deco plates only some cases can be thinned.

My v2 is 10.02 and the rotor is scratching on the crystal which is not good (but it works lol).

That's why the v3 is 11-11.5 mm because they don't want the rotor to get stuck.

Ofcourse you can try modding it and put the deco plates out yeah but hm

N0tail_

1/6/17
The problem is that the rotor gets stuck on the 15400 with deco plates only some cases can be thinned.

My v2 is 10.02 and the rotor is scratching on the crystal which is not good (but it works lol).

That's why the v3 is 11-11.5 mm because they don't want the rotor to get stuck.

Ofcourse you can try modding it and put the deco plates out yeah but hm

Is there any way to shave the rotor from the back to make it thinner? Or would this affect the weight/rotation of the rotor? I know next to nothing about watches but that thought just popped into my head.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
not sure normally the rotor have weight (because of the rotation) if you shave it down it will lose weight and maybe then the movement is not loading up anymore?

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
he seems absent lately...

yes, just want to mention the police raid in china is getting really strong, even dealers can be in trouble, mainly because it's now getting close to Chinese new year. For delivery methods within china, most dealers have switched to ems/other methods instead of sf express(popular in china & local use only). Some factories got compromised/raided and some create less quantity per patches to reduce their lost. That's why if shipping/delivering process is slower than usual, please be patience and don't blame your td haha.

Reactions: vcappp

uphoto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/18
Sitting here staring at the marvel that is my new PPF Nautilus 5711 and it's anemic like 8.5mm thickness and wondering WTF CAN'T WE GET THIS MOVEMENT INTO THE 15400 OR 15500??????

They are putting miyota movements into these now so why can't they pull this off? 9.8mm or whatever GEN is, should be doable with the mods they have made to this movement for the PP watches. Get the right thickness, gen dial and you have no reason to go GEN.

ps.....we aren't talking ROO's, Divers, Chronos, that should do it ;)

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
They are putting miyota movements into these now so why can't they pull this off?

simply because they still use a decorative balance bridge on top of the base movement. additionally they also use fake bridges on the other part of the movement - ZF, PPF and MKF achieved the thinness by using a custom balance bridge and very very thin deco plates for the rest of the movement. I think JF uses the stock that was once produced until there is something new needed.

...and don't forget to call it V8...

uphoto

Banned
5/6/18
simply because they still use a decorative balance bridge on top of the base movement. additionally they also use fake bridges on the other part of the movement - ZF, PPF and MKF achieved the thinness by using a custom balance bridge and very very thin deco plates for the rest of the movement. I think JF uses the stock that was once produced until there is something new needed.

...and don't forget to call it V8...

Thanks BIONONE. Maybe by V18 they will find a way.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Thanks BIONONE. Maybe by V18 they will find a way.

looking at this tudor rep with a 9015 inside of it with a custom balance bridge i have to say it could be possible to mill everything into place if they want to...

pelagos-xf-1-1-v3-best-edition-on-titanium-bracelet-miyota-9015-to-cal-free-rubber-strap.jpg

Last edited:

BIONONE

28/4/17
Or for example this breitling from GF:

(even if it appears to be ugly...)

superocean-42mm-ab2010-ss-gf-1-1-best-edition-black-dial-black-ceramic-bezel-on-black-rubber-strap-b20.jpg

uphoto

Banned
5/6/18
All 15400 and 15500 have an open case back don't they? If they had a closed one I would say throw in one of the above movements and have somebody chop away!