• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

NEW AP Extra Thin Tourby release

_DC_

I'm Pretty Popular
3/1/13
London UK
I spotted this today, can’t tell much difference from the current one at first glance?! Does it look a little thinner maybe or is that just wishful thinking?!

DC

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I spotted this today, can’t tell much difference from the current one at first glance?! Does it look a little thinner maybe or is that just wishful thinking?!

DC

Its thinner for sure. Dunno about the rest, not a AP freak lol

zeroh0ur

Known Member
1/6/18
Yup it's thinner for sure. Previous rep was like 14mm thick IINM.

Anything close to 8.85mm and i'm sold!

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
not normally a tourby guy but man that watch is sexy and it is definitely thinner looking at the case back.

even at 10 mm this would be a success imo

zeroh0ur

Known Member
1/6/18
not normally a tourby guy but man that watch is sexy and it is definitely thinner looking at the case back.

even at 10 mm this would be a success imo

Oh definitely, 10mm would be a smashing success..

uphoto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/18
Why are people not tourby fans? I think they are sexy as hell! Is it because they are tough to service?

ApOffshore

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/1/16
Someone knows when itnwill be released?

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14

DC
Definitely thinner, I own the current one

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
The gen still seems thinner, I had seen it in person. It will be great if someone measure the rep. I'm sure we can find out the thickness of the gen online.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
Gen is 8.9 mm.

but if this is as thin as a JF 15400 (and Jf based this tourbi on their gen 15400) it will be good enough.

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Lol, for the first 6 minutes 40 seconds, the presenter sounds so knowledgeable, talking fluently about every aspect of the watch imaginable. Then he decides to fire the watch up so we can see the beautiful Tourbillon in action. So he winds it,winds it some more, winds it further, keeps winding; he winds it so much, he runs out of stuff to say, but still the watch isn't working. He refers to how it takes a lot to get it started because of its 70 hour power reserve. So he keeps winding, winds it some more - I reckon he's starting to think he's broken the expensive watch at this stage..... he anxiously turns the watch over to check the power reserve - nothing! Fuck! Have I broken it!!?!

Then he realises he doesn't know how to wind the watch, so he pulls the crown out to engage the winding mechanism and finally gets it going with all of two turns of the crown. Lol! Poor lad. They are going to rip the piss out of him at his next G2G!!!!!

Last edited:

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
ahhh i subscribe to this guy. Usually has good knowledge about watches.. but dang.. he screwed this one up.
He should have re done the video.

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
The case is thinner than other Royal Oak tourbillons. The bezel and caseback are maybe a smidgeon thinner as well. I doubt this will will be 10mm, though quite possibly less than 11mm. It's hard to tell, but from the video the dial seems okay.

But sweet jesus, why oh why did they center the bezel screws exactly in the middle of the bezel? All the gen pictures I've seen have the screws closer to the outside edge of the bezel than the crystal side. Oh well, I guess I'll start saving up for the gen.

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp