• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak Tourby Tease Video

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
holy moly - nice to see something like that.

It is the best what you can get currently - even with the extra thickness and with the sticker on the back plate... anyways - this piece is just gorgeous and in the end you save a lot compared to the gen hehe.

A LOT!!! the gen can buy a used Audi R8 haha

Reactions: BIONONE and vcappp

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
I'm trying to figure out why people are jazzed about this model. Yes, it's 1mm thinner than some other AP tourbillon reps, and the center wheel is the right color. BUT...1) the bezel screws are centered on the bezel, unlike the gen; 2) the dial's tapisserie squares are 25% larger on the rep than on the gen (count the number of squares between indices); 3) the dial font is not as bold as the gen; 4) the power reserve indicator doesn't even have a hand?!?!; 5) the Royal Oak font on the casebook is different; 6) the movement has an AP sticker instead of engraving; 7) the inside of the clasp should have a darker etching around "Audemars Piguet" instead of the lighter steel etching in this model.

Don't get me wrong...it's a pretty watch if all you want is a tourbillon that says AP. But the manufacturer here did a half-ass job, in my opinion. For instance, the openworked tourbillon is 1mm thicker, but more faithful to the original design.

So why all the buzz?

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I'm trying to figure out why people are jazzed about this model. Yes, it's 1mm thinner than some other AP tourbillon reps, and the center wheel is the right color. BUT...1) the bezel screws are centered on the bezel, unlike the gen; 2) the dial's tapisserie squares are 25% larger on the rep than on the gen (count the number of squares between indices); 3) the dial font is not as bold as the gen; 4) the power reserve indicator doesn't even have a hand?!?!; 5) the Royal Oak font on the casebook is different; 6) the movement has an AP sticker instead of engraving; 7) the inside of the clasp should have a darker etching around "Audemars Piguet" instead of the lighter steel etching in this model.

Don't get me wrong...it's a pretty watch if all you want is a tourbillon that says AP. But the manufacturer here did a half-ass job, in my opinion. For instance, the openworked tourbillon is 1mm thicker, but more faithful to the original design.

So why all the buzz?

thanks for summerizing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ApOffshore

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/1/16
The watch is awesome,
even watch anish have the previous TF tourbillon version on his ig, yes the one with the silver wheel and the giant offshore screws on the bezel
over a million followers and not even one saw its a rep

same story with ap don ramon
same story with lebron james

he got likes on this pictures from watch stores all over the world and well known watch collectors.

so the only one who can see its a rep ap tourbillon its us, the forum members.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
The watch is awesome,
even watch anish have the previous TF tourbillon version on his ig, yes the one with the silver wheel and the giant offshore screws on the bezel

he got likes on this pictures from watch stores all over the world and well known watch collectors.

i often see IG accounts that flex with JF APs but are followed by the CEO's of watchcollectinglifestyle or REVOLUTION hehe

they all appreciate the 15400 V3 appearance even with the wrong DW font and wrong dial pattern... they even like case back shots. So yeah you are right.

grandphuba

8/4/18
i often see IG accounts that flex with JF APs but are followed by the CEO's of watchcollectinglifestyle or REVOLUTION hehe

they all appreciate the 15400 V3 appearance even with the wrong DW font and wrong dial pattern... they even like case back shots. So yeah you are right.

Are you saying even the likes of Wei Koh is unable to distinguish JF reps on the spot, or at least not beside a gen and without the presumption that it could be a rep?

BIONONE

28/4/17
Are you saying even the likes of Wei Koh is unable to distinguish JF reps on the spot, or at least not beside a gen and without the presumption that it could be a rep?

Yes thats what i am saying ;)

just have a look at „fiftyfathomsmilspec“ - it is a guy that flexes with a PF 5711 and a JF 15400 V3 on all the named watch guys and they like his content all the way haha :D

Reactions: MonsieurMax

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
The watch is awesome,

do you mean this one? https://www.instagram.com/p/BXXxrSEFA6d/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=e77a2xmw75bx

Marcorex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/3/18
Ok guys let's not exaggerate, you are talking about people that work in the watch world and see those kind of watches every day...they can't be fooled from any chinese factory

Reactions: vcappp

BIONONE

28/4/17
They dont expect that a watch is a rep as they handle genuine watches everyday - i second that.

I think they dont give a damn about chinese reps hehe

the main thing was another aspect naming those watch connoisseurs - we are the only people worrying about those flaws as the average and not even the big watch guys are so interested in those minor things...

Nikohublot

15/2/17
Guys dont get me wrong , the watch itself is beautiful and it has probably the known JF quality , but for 700-800$ i can request a damn pr hand on the pr indicator (even a faux one)! And for 700-800$ i can also request a AP engraving instead of an Sticker?! I mean wtf they produce the whole movement and in the last second of the engraving process some chinese repguy decides : guys stop it! I have a genius idea ! How about we ruin this beauty by putting a sticker on the movement ...?
I dont care about the bezel screws or a slightly wrong tapiserrie ... but the pr hand and the sticker pisses me off..

Reactions: The Rod and vcappp

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
My only problem with the TF version was the shitty big ass screws that looked ridiculous along with the dial where it said AUDEMARS PIGUET in an extremely thin extremely faint font which looked ridiculous.

This release is godly to me.

JF quality, small screws, good dial, THIN(NER), I love it!

MonsieurMax

I'm Pretty Popular
22/10/16
Earth
Is it possible to shave down the case back OR bezel? They both seem pretty thick, it could bring down the thickness a bit.

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
all I'm waiting for is for other TDs to upload this on their websites, I keep refreshing intimes website every day now looking to see more pictures.

Reactions: MonsieurMax

The Rod

I'm Pretty Popular
15/10/17
Guys dont get me wrong , the watch itself is beautiful and it has probably the known JF quality , but for 700-800$ i can request a damn pr hand on the pr indicator (even a faux one)! And for 700-800$ i can also request a AP engraving instead of an Sticker?! I mean wtf they produce the whole movement and in the last second of the engraving process some chinese repguy decides : guys stop it! I have a genius idea ! How about we ruin this beauty by putting a sticker on the movement ...?
I dont care about the bezel screws or a slightly wrong tapiserrie ... but the pr hand and the sticker pisses me off..

So they can release a v2 in 6 months with the AP engraved and still no pr hand and in another 6 months a v3 with pr hand, AP engraved, but wrong dial colour ;)

fletch512

Known Member
9/5/06
Is it possible that the tourby on puretime's website is a prototype, and he's just taking advance orders? That would explain some of the weird flaws (for a high-end rep) as well as other dealers not selling it yet. I wouldn't put it past puretime to get the money up front before other dealers have access to stock.

Based on the previous posts, some people have already ordered. The lack of QC picks makes me wonder whether there is actually stock in hand. Or just early hype.

TagHeuerFan1963

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
6/10/13
Earth
Is it possible that the tourby on puretime's website is a prototype, and he's just taking advance orders? That would explain some of the weird flaws (for a high-end rep) as well as other dealers not selling it yet. I wouldn't put it past puretime to get the money up front before other dealers have access to stock.

Based on the previous posts, some people have already ordered. The lack of QC picks makes me wonder whether there is actually stock in hand. Or just early hype.

I heard stock will come in one week.