• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Royal Oak Tourby Tease Video

nomana

Renowned Member
13/2/18
https://puretime.io/news/ap-royal-oak-tourby-tease-video/
896cf3fce5b467b156a140d0fb1f3e4f.png

Reactions: theREALgoat

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Beautiful watch and beautiful video.

I read Angus was going to stop offering videos for new watches on Puretime.

If this video is the standard for all watches going forward it’s not going to help with my addiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tompa and ywg

nipe

PINK PONY RIDER
9/4/16
EU
I dunno if it's thinner but gen is 8.85mm thin and rep is 12mm+, doesn't look like the new one is much thinner. Interesting piece for sure and being 41mm the thickness is not that bad on the wrist, but there is a definite difference in thickness between gen/rep. Printing also doesn't seem too sharp.

For owning a touby it's probably a good price. even cheap seagull gens cost $2000+ and these reps are around 700-900, so if you're interested in a tourb it may be for you. You're not going to fool anyone with just a bit of AP knowledge though.

uphoto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/18
That AP branding on the face can't be final, that looks really bad. It's a beautiful watch but same thing, wonder what the v2 is all about.

Yellobird

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/15
A lot nicer bezel and bezel screws, finally Jf quality. I hope they will improve dial print and engrave „Audemars Piguet” into back plate. As for the thickness - does not seem to be thicker than jf 15400 - if it is like that in reality it is more than acceptable for a tourbillon.

pulling an AP tourbillon off is another story though...

ApOffshore

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/1/16
Someone checked with angus when it will be available?

Nikohublot

15/2/17
I remember angus said that it is thinner than the TF ...
but wth is this , case engraving says PT while the Bracelet says AU :D ... on top of that , why th did they place an jewel tho the power reserve indicator instead of an fake pr hand . And the dial printing is a joke ... other than that beautiful watch!

Reactions: vcappp

cyberceo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/10/18
This watch is now posted in the new arrivals section on Angus’s website. Thickness is 11mm

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
the dial printing looks much sharper on the released version on pt site

Tader

3/5/15
Anyone planning on ordering this? If I sell my other one, I'll definitely get one when ryan can get one.

Also, what do you guys think about the dial color? It feels pretty bland compared to the TF to me. But maybe it's a bit more like gen?

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
Anyone planning on ordering this? If I sell my other one, I'll definitely get one when ryan can get one.

Also, what do you guys think about the dial color? It feels pretty bland compared to the TF to me. But maybe it's a bit more like gen?

yea the gen is not a vibrant blue, its darker like this rep

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
Still wrong power indicator on the back, let's wait for more pics from other TDs

I really don't know how guys care about power reserve indicators on the back side of watches. The whole back is wrong and its 2mm thicker than gen, PR indicator is the least of the problems.

This is a novelty for a guy that wants a good looking tourbi rep, nothing more imo.

Reactions: mech500 and vcappp

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
I really don't know how guys care about power reserve indicators on the back side of watches. The whole back is wrong and its 2mm thicker than gen, PR indicator is the least of the problems.

This is a novelty for a guy that wants a good looking tourbi rep, nothing more imo.

Im pretty impressed. 11mm is not going to look terrible on the wrist. I think I need to snag one of these