• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Alternatives to the Mikey DW

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Why did Mikey stop printing?

Many (not all) buyers for his date wheels gave rise to a lot of stress and strain because of their impatience, demands, expectations, and communication style. As a result, he is completely finished. People underestimate the sometimes painful strain some forum members place on vendors. Factor that in alongside the stress he had in producing these things, his low profit margins, his daily logistics management, etc. and one can easily understand his decision to stop. Nevertheless, I try, now and then, to encourage him to get back into the game, but I think he is completely done with it all. The guy designed and produced more than 30 aftermarket parts for APs: he deserves our profound gratitude. But I really think he is done.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
I’ve been on the hunt and admire his work. Done is done and I learned to just look at my JF date wheel’s with one eye closed!

I've gotten burned over Cheryl Tiegs,
Blown up for Raquel Welch.
But when I wind up in the hay it's only hay, Hey Hey

Reactions: BIONONE

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Not only did Mike provide some incredibly nice parts for our projects, he was very unselfish about sharing his knowledge and providing spot-on advice. It takes incredible patience to do that for all the different types of people in a community like this, and I don’t blame him for wanting to move on. Many of my favorite modders and parts makers were very honest and incredibly talented people, and at some point they had to move on and take care of themselves... I think we’re fortunate to have people like Domi, Slaughterer, Spongebob, Legend, and Mikey, just to name a few, who generously share their knowledge and talent here. Having said that I don’t have a solution for the DW issue, hopefully someone with those capabilities will step up at some point soon.

Last edited:

Blue Ocean

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/12/17
I agree. I had the pleasure to purchase a few DWs from Mickey. He was very helpful and above all you could feel the passion behind his work
i would sign up for a few Ap 15400 DW in a heartbeat if someone took the lead on this project. Maybe Keylog74, Bionone and Spongebob?

Reactions: Jurgenk