• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC HELP for ROO Diver Forged Carbon XF V2

rk2704

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/18
Hey guys. I just received my QC pics for Royal Oak Offshore Diver Forged Carbon XF 1:1 Best Edition on Rubber Strap A2836 V2 but I think I may have to reject this watch because;
  1. I think there's a scratch on the watch
  2. The alignment for the lines from minutes 1-15, and 35 is bad.
QC PICS:

What I mean:

What do you guys think? Is my judgement right? Or should I ask for better pictures?

Thanks!

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
I don't think there is a scratch on the bezel. Could be a fibre or Chinese pubes.

However yes there are alignment issues for sure as you have pointed out. Ask for a new one if thats going to annoy you.

Reactions: rk2704

Ralphy

SalesMod CodeName Duchess
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
8/7/15
Nebraska
ricky2704 the tachy moves within the watch when the crown/he valve on the left side is unscrewed and turned. So I think the alignment issue is a factor of the angles and the fact that they did not perfectly align this before taking pictures.

As for the scratch, it could be a fiber or a scratch, just ask your TD. Chances are its from the cloth they wiped it down with and there is no scratch.

Please take this to heart, without knowing the angle to the exact decimal that the photo was taken, you cannot accurately put computer generated lines over-top a macro photo and get anything other than a marked up photo. There is simply no way to tell where/how you are actually adding those lines to with any accuracy without the starting angle.

As long as that is not a scratch on the bezel, I would say you have a fantastic watch. Ask about the potential scratch, and if it is just a fiber from the wiping cloth then accept it, enjoy it, and be sure to post lots of pictures here once you get it.

Good luck.

rk2704

6/8/18
Ralphy1975 thanks for your inputs! Really appreciate it. Yes, I'll email the TD to ask them for more pictures and etc.

Drifter thanks for your inputs too! Appreciate it

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
As said above, the inner bezel moves.

the 7 marker looks a bit off, but looks within an acceptable range. if you change im sure the next watch might have something not right either. its XF afterall.. they do not have the highest level of QC as other makers.

This watch should be acceptable..

ks123

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
27/3/16
London
There is defo an alignment issue and im not even that picky lol

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
There is defo an alignment issue and im not even that picky lol

Reps have alignment issues and only the lucky few don't, even a small majority of gens will have alignment issue under 5x digital zoom.
It's a lot more noticeable with a rectangular indeces, only JF/noob are getting their ap indeces accurate at a high percentage.

rk2704

6/8/18
Ralphy1975 Drifter RepPossessed ks123 - Just to update you guys, I've received a reply from the TD. They are changing the watch with the factory as what I've pointed out regarding the scratch and misalignment was right.. makes me wonder though, why do they send me pictures of the watch for QC when the scratch on the watch was so obvious??

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate them all!

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
Uk
Ralphy1975 Drifter RepPossessed ks123 - Just to update you guys, I've received a reply from the TD. They are changing the watch with the factory as what I've pointed out regarding the scratch and misalignment was right.. makes me wonder though, why do they send me pictures of the watch for QC when the scratch on the watch was so obvious??

Thanks for the input guys, I appreciate them all!

The maker isn't gonna throw it in the bin.. Someone will end up with it. Glad you got sorted, the scratch would have been too much.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
That's great. After 3 rounds of my own xf diver QC, I have accepted this one. Although not perfect but I am happy with it.

b1f5836ec60bc52fa5d95881eda0ea09.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
This looks a better watch overall. First photo even the yellow is different

rk2704

6/8/18
Drifter i would have OK-ed the QC even if its a v1.. what I still don't understand was.. how dare they send me the watch for QC, with that visible scratch?

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Drifter i would have OK-ed the QC even if its a v1.. what I still don't understand was.. how dare they send me the watch for QC, with that visible scratch?
It's a shame but it happens. Hence extra due diligence is warranted during QC process.

Show us QC on the next one.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Different customers have different tolerance i guess and sooner or later the one who accepts it will be found

rk2704

6/8/18
Different customers have different tolerance i guess and sooner or later the one who accepts it will be found

Yeah.. but this is like my 4th watch ordered from that particular TD. So I felt pretty disappointed and to be honest felt insulted too as a return customer.

rk2704

6/8/18
It's a shame but it happens. Hence extra due diligence is warranted during QC process.

Show us QC on the next one.

I will.. the next QC will be important for me and them. If what they send for QC makes me feel insulted.. I'm taking my money elsewhere.

Drifter

Renowned Member
31/10/17
Yeah.. but this is like my 4th watch ordered from that particular TD. So I felt pretty disappointed and to be honest felt insulted too as a return customer.

I have ordered over 15 with one particular TD and the last order all three arrived with problems which I felt should have been picked up during testing the movement and they all happened to have same issue with reversing gear being faulty.

TD offered me to ship them back but that's not a feasible option especially with time /effort / risk and cost. I got them sorted locally and that's just the way it goes sometimes.

I can understand your frustrations but you may experience the same issue with another dealer.

Reactions: vcappp