• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CRM breaks down the JF AP 44mm QE in their spotting fake watches

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
I love watching Eric’s videos.

As a dealer he has to be able to authenticate so for him it’s an easy tell.

The JF V2 with the updated date window fixes for me one of the instant tells.

If they ever cloned the movement and obtained gen thickness you fix the other.

With a loupe I don’t think a rep would ever pass the test.

To me all this video showed was what an amazing job JF has done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: antotony0203

cheeky

Renowned Member
16/8/15
Its not a jf version. Its a noob qeii. Easy to tell with subdial at 12 and the dial marker at 3.

That used to be my spot but I think jf also done some dials with long markers like noob. Saying that my jf Qe cup II has short markers. That’s a jf movement though isn’t it? unless noob done a deco movement?

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: Mypelusch

cheeky

Renowned Member
16/8/15
So it seems noob do make a deco movement now..... I thought they gave up with ap’s..... good to see jf having some competition again

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Ruski91

Put Some Respect On My Name
12/10/12
Its refreshing to watch the video though, because normally these guys are talking about how aweful these watches are and they are comparing chinatown 21J reps.

Naturally there will be flaws and it would be silly of us to hope that someone that that who knows watches wouldnt be able to spot them, but at least he isnt sitting there going this is crap this is shit ... yada yada. He actually gives the makers quite a bit of credit.

On the plus side - till watching the video i didnt realize how much of a difference there was in the width of the base of the hands on the rep. When side by side, it really is different. I guess thats why all the AP guys are big on trimming that part. Good to know for the future i guess. Movement, weight, and thickness aside, seems like many of the other tells OOTB are fixable which is a good thing (But pricey lol)

llvicente1023

31/8/17
That used to be my spot but I think jf also done some dials with long markers like noob. Saying that my jf Qe cup II has short markers. That’s a jf movement though isn’t it? unless noob done a deco movement?

Sent from the RWI App

Yes sir. They also have deco movement conparable to a jf. Heres mine for reference together with a jf ap roo forged carbon.

c46dbf32cc36261abf7b77b5a87c70a8.jpg
4d40367bf8f4bc35ad2da2f98b5ac679.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

cheeky

Renowned Member
16/8/15
Yes sir. They also have deco movement conparable to a jf. Heres mine for reference together with a jf ap roo forged carbon.

c46dbf32cc36261abf7b77b5a87c70a8.jpg
4d40367bf8f4bc35ad2da2f98b5ac679.jpg

I didn’t realise before today that noob had come back in the game. Previously they never made a deco movement, I haven’t being keeping up, I havent even looked at a td website for a while
Thanks for the info :)

Sent from the RWI App

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Sorry. Didn't know Noob made this or were even back in the game with a deco movement. Thought it was JF on first glance.

spursian still has one of the best QEII reps out there imo (updated logo), DW and cyclops

Hoping that JF update this one (eventually) as part of their 44mm updates, then once you thin the hands, aside from the obvious flaws, it'll be close

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I think jf already updated this with dw+cyclops right ?

Imho the video is way too long and would benefit some cutting. But it’s good generally speaking

I dig his patek

Reactions: Danii and QueTip

llvicente1023

31/8/17
Yes if your referring to the FC, its all stock but im still not convinced with the DW/cyclops of the QEii. I did the prof xtal mod but still thinking of changing the DW too. =)

uphoto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/18
Can't trust a person who wears sunglasses indoors.

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
Can't trust a person who wears sunglasses indoors.

He's addressed that in his videos, he does it for the camera.

I've met him before, he's actually a really knowledgeable and good guy in person

Reactions: Mike Page

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
I'm guessing there'll soon be an unflux of users saying where can i get a 1:1 AP LOL

Reactions: vcappp