• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vac Modded V9

RetFed

Renowned Member
23/3/14
I just got my Vac modded V9 from Vac yesterday. I’m very happy with it. AR Crystal/cyclops, Mikey DW, Vac lume job, movement spa and regulation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: timmywatch

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Nice.

Incidentally, did he lume the bezel ring and dial indices ?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
they are not lumed on all gens? so only hands should be lumed?

Yes that bezel numerals, hour indices and hands are lumed on all gen SS divers and on v9 Rep.

However, I was curious to know what parts vacuum relumed since only the v9 hands have the incorrect lume from factory.

Re-lume on bezel numerals by hand is very difficult to get right and to achieve gen like crisp text.

Reactions: timmywatch

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
Yes that bezel numerals, hour indices and hands are lumed on all gen SS divers and on v9 Rep.

However, I was curious to know what parts vacuum relumed since only the v9 hands have the incorrect lume from factory.

Re-lume on bezel numerals by hand is very difficult to get right and to achieve gen like crisp text.

Mine will be arriving soon. How much was The relume Job?

Cheers

Sent from the RWI App

RetFed

Renowned Member
23/3/14

He does but he says you have to be extremely careful or it can look bad. He has done hundreds of these divers and his work shows it. He also really dials in the accuracy on the movements after his spa. This one so far is less than one second + in 24 hours.

Reactions: mech500

RetFed

Renowned Member
23/3/14
Mine will be arriving soon. How much was The relume Job?

Cheers

Sent from the RWI App

I had a whole package deal, he is listed in the RWI watchsmith area for contact info. Or PM me and I can give you his email

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Looks great. Congratulations.

Any chance of some close up bezel numerals pics in daylight? It looks great!!

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU

thanks for the input, I have a vac relumed v7 incoming, bezel numerals, hour indices and hands are lumed, so close to gen :)

Reactions: RetFed and mech500

Kingquest_s

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
3/1/16
CONUS
Picture please. I gonna send my v7 to Vac for relume.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

stilo

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/13
Does Vac do rebrushing of surfaces and recess the bezel screws as well?