• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Date Wheel offset question

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
I was curious why the date wheel offset couldnt be moved similar to the method they used for the PF Patek. They basically glued a different date wheel on top of the normal one to move the spacing. Is this something that would work on a 42mm ROO? Or is this a dumb idea and not technically possible?

I realize we are trying to move the date closer to the center, not further, but could the same technique not work?

20180809_100532.jpg

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
There are limits to what can be achieved on a sec@12 7750 because off the position of the minute counter output pinion at 12 on the base watch, and DW overlays are always prone to problems (misalignment, bad print, delamination and scraping, increasing case width to accommodate them, etc.), but, yes, this could be done. I think I came out and screamed the banshee cry to JF to do this a few times--all to deafened Chinese ears. Maybe in 2024, when JF (or whoever has taken up after them) need to reboot the latest v31 of the Bumblebee or something, to maintain some modest revenue growth. Before that, I would rather not guess...

Reactions: QueTip

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
I can assure you if they fixed this I would buy every edition they made. Has someone like Angus talked with them?

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
They are resistant to possible solutions and a fix of that issue is not likely to come anytime soon if you ask me. Want the gen spec dw position? Go franken.