• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Flexible Endlink Mod

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
I understand the purpose, but here you can see the "straight" gen endlinks

pqRY0.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
Would these fit the rep without modification?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Yes i took pictures and i did a thread few months ago. Same width, same length.

Reactions: ossi

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Yes i took pictures and i did a thread few months ago. Same width, same length.

How do they move on the gen if they are straight? Is the gen case somewhat different from the rep?

I had a photo of the stock rep plots and the shape look the same as your gen plots.

Rufctr2

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
16/2/16
First pict : JF plots, gen rubber
Second : gen plots, gen leather
Third : gen plots, gen rubber

zphld.jpg

zpiMb.jpg

zpSA2.jpg

ossi

30/4/15
And the case? Rep on all pics?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

timmywatch

Renowned Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
4/11/16
Hi peeps,
Im pretty new here, got to know of the forum 6mths ago and immediately immersed myself into this wonderful abeilt frustrating journey.
Learnt a whole lot from the experience members on here and wish to sincerely thank every single one of you.

Recently I pulled the trigger on a 15710 V9 JF close caseback diver. Apart from the green hands that are really driving me crazy( my love hate r/s w the watch, more love though haha!)
Ive been really wanting to do the flexible endlink mod.
Wonder which forumer has done it alrdy? I know dashindark has done it(btw thankyou brother for taking the time to reply me really appreciate it!), but really wondering who else have done it.
I would really wish to learn and replicate the results and then do up a tutorial for others like me. Please feel free to leave your advices.
Cheers!
Ps sorry for the long intro

Just bought a v9... what you you mean „Green Hands“?

Sent from the RWI App

mrjoe

22/8/15
Rufctr2 oh wow. so just buying gen plots and gen strap should be fine.

I always wanted to buy a gen strap but was worried it might not fit well on a rep case.

Topcatz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/17
Canada
Yes,. It is expensive. But I am not skilled enough to sand down the rep plots.

I saw the APbands plots and thinking about it.

Thank you for your reply.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
topwatchparts is less expensive

but in my experience if you buy a strap with plots from TD is a much better deal

Topcatz

6/12/17
Canada
I am looking for plots that are looks gen when installed on an XF 15707.

I am thinking of replacing the rep plots on the XF 15707.

I will look into the topwatchparts.

Thank you.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

FTW

25/9/18
Two kind reminders:
1. The four endlinks are different. Two of them are prominent and should be placed below the case. The other two are flat and should be placed above the case with the part of strap that has the tang buckle. I couldn’t believe that the rep factory replicated such detail, but it’s real. I spent additional 2 hours to get it right, one hour searching gen photos to see how it should be on the gen, and one hour reinstalling them. It Should have been finished a lot earlier if I knew this.
Not sure what you mean about this. I have five divers and all 4 endlinks are exactly the same on them.

I also have done this mod, but differently than that video and the suggested way. I took off an even amount from the front (part facing the case) maintaining the same angle and profile it had. You have to take off quite a bit.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Not sure what you mean about this. I have five divers and all 4 endlinks are exactly the same on them.

I also have done this mod, but differently than that video and the suggested way. I took off an even amount from the front (part facing the case) maintaining the same angle and profile it had. You have to take off quite a bit.

Mind sharing what the result looks like?