• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Flexible Endlink Mod

BigBadWolf

Horology Curious
13/7/18
Hi peeps,
Im pretty new here, got to know of the forum 6mths ago and immediately immersed myself into this wonderful abeilt frustrating journey.
Learnt a whole lot from the experience members on here and wish to sincerely thank every single one of you.

Recently I pulled the trigger on a 15710 V9 JF close caseback diver. Apart from the green hands that are really driving me crazy( my love hate r/s w the watch, more love though haha!)
Ive been really wanting to do the flexible endlink mod.
Wonder which forumer has done it alrdy? I know dashindark has done it(btw thankyou brother for taking the time to reply me really appreciate it!), but really wondering who else have done it.
I would really wish to learn and replicate the results and then do up a tutorial for others like me. Please feel free to leave your advices.
Cheers!
Ps sorry for the long intro

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
Can you describe what you want to achieve with the flexible end link modification?

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Can you describe what you want to achieve with the flexible end link modification?

This man wants to make the endlinks behave like the gen and look like the gen. It is not hard . Just protect the upper half of the endlinks and polish the the other half. It does take a pair of good hands to perform the task though. I paid $30 but it was not done perfectly and I may do that again some time.

Reactions: vcappp

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
"behave like the gen and look like the gen"

In what respects?

"It is not hard . Just protect the upper half of the endlinks and polish the the other half."

But the gen end links are brushed on all six surfaces.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
"behave like the gen and look like the gen"

In what respects?

"It is not hard . Just protect the upper half of the endlinks and polish the the other half."

But the gen end links are brushed on all six surfaces.

Oops I did not check what I wrote. I actually meant to say "polish the lower half of the inner surface that touches the case, not all 6 surfaces"

When looking at the back of the watch, the mod should make the endliks look even and the shaved off part should not be too large. When use the watch, the mod should make the watch stick to your wrist instead of hanging on your wrist. Ignore this mod if you wrist is large enough for the straps to hold since there would be no difference on your wrist.
This is what I thought. Experts on this can chime in and correct me if I am wrong.

ossi

30/4/15
Just another question: Isnt a 15710 with a closed case back a 15703?

ossi

30/4/15
yep, the 15710 has a more matte dial, while the 15703 has a wet look; at least for the gens. Does this also apply to the rep world?

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Thank you brother! Im going to attempt this during the weekend! Gonna buy thr stuffs needed in the week and feed back when ive attempted. Keeping my fingers crossed as im a complete knucklehead

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

Bro make sure you write a review on how to do this! I have bought a pair or titanium endlinks*4, some sandpapers (#36*3, #320*2, #80*2, #1500*1) and a polishing cloth. I will probably do this after you.
I think it's not too hard though (he said repeatedly in the video that it is not hard. Just be careful). Good luck!

BigBadWolf

Horology Curious
13/7/18
Haha I can only hope! If it turns out to b successful I'll do a guide as promised! :)
Thanks so much for you help again brother!

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I have perfectly done this mod by myself at home just now.

Two kind reminders:
1. The four endlinks are different. Two of them are prominent and should be placed below the case. The other two are flat and should be placed above the case with the part of strap that has the tang buckle. I couldn’t believe that the rep factory replicated such detail, but it’s real. I spent additional 2 hours to get it right, one hour searching gen photos to see how it should be on the gen, and one hour reinstalling them. It Should have been finished a lot earlier if I knew this.
2. If you have a 15703 or 710, geo more #80 sandpaper to quickly remove the layers of steel. If you have a 15706 or othe carbon+titanium models like I do, get more #320 sandpaper. #320 is in my opinion the easiest to use and the safest. Use #1500 to finish but it is not necessary. They are dirt cheap anyways. If anything unexpected happens like you get a small scratch on the endlinks, use a small #2000+ to repair it.

Last edited:

mrjoe

22/8/15
This is actually pretty cool to know. Ill be doing this myself over the weekend probably. Thanks for sharing!