• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Any one khew about bezel screw on AP Diver ?

mlp

Horology Curious
4/6/18
AP 15710 v9 White face

one of bezel screw was sunken ! ( but the other was flat with bezel )

any one can explain how to modding it ?

or do it to sunken all of them ( is more close to gen ? )

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
First off, if you want all of them sunken, you usually have to take out the rubber seals, at the cost of water resistance. This would also be a reason to check out that one screw since it might be missing its seal.

If you want to do it yourself, you need to take off the caseback screws and then unscrew the little screw nuts with a special tool...it's a bit of a bitch. Here's the whole screw construction:
IMG_3800.jpg

Reactions: mlp

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
I heard that it's pointless to make sunken screws since gens actually don't have them.
I encountered the very same issue that you mentioned a few days after last modding, and I just gave it to my watchsmith. He spent like 2 minutes and it was fixed. I paid $3, FYI.

bikrizzle

3/1/17
First off, if you want all of them sunken, you usually have to take out the rubber seals, at the cost of water resistance. This would also be a reason to check out that one screw since it might be missing its seal.

If you want to do it yourself, you need to take off the caseback screws and then unscrew the little screw nuts with a special tool...it's a bit of a bitch. Here's the whole screw construction:
IMG_3800.jpg

Thanks for the link from where to get watch parts.

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
Well I only used that picture for convenience, your TD will also be able to supply you with parts.