• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP Diver - gen rubber strap

bhduck

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/16
I never regretted buying a gen PAM rubber strap - it’s massively better than the rep version - and I assume that the gen AP Diver rubber straps are equally superior.

But Chrono24 seems to price these are crazy high levels.

Can anyone give me a guideline on what to pay for a gen AP Diver, black rubber strap or point me to a third party that does equal quality versions?

All the supporting vendors seem focused on leather straps, which isn’t what I need...

Thanks for your help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: watchboi

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
I never regretted buying a gen PAM rubber strap - it’s massively better than the rep version - and I assume that the gen AP Diver rubber straps are equally superior.

But Chrono24 seems to price these are crazy high levels.

Can anyone give me a guideline on what to pay for a gen AP Diver, black rubber strap or point me to a third party that does equal quality versions?

All the supporting vendors seem focused on leather straps, which isn’t what I need...

Thanks for your help.

Last time I checked a gen rubber strap from an AP boutique is $300 + tax. Anything used should be less. However it's usually not a straight fit onto rep cases.

machim

19/7/17
I never owned an AP gen rubber strap. But my last AP diver JF one was pretty good. Look and feel very quality to me. I just not sure if it’s gen like. Also as mentioned above. You need gen plot or noob plot to fits

mrjoe

22/8/15
Can anyone confirm the XF or JF plots really wont take gen diver straps? Not even with a bit of modding?

bhduck

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/16
I never owned an AP gen rubber strap. But my last AP diver JF one was pretty good. Look and feel very quality to me. I just not sure if it’s gen like. Also as mentioned above. You need gen plot or noob plot to fits

Im sure you’re right that the JF version is decent quality.

I don’t know if it’s a comparable situation but was more than happy with my rep PAM111 rubber strap - right up until I wore a genuine model.

I could discern no difference between the actual watch head, but with the strap it was immediately obvious.

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14
Can anyone confirm the XF or JF plots really wont take gen diver straps? Not even with a bit of modding?

Gen rubber fits best on Noob.
As for JF, it varies. Some will fit with a loose mini gap between case & rubber strap. But some need mods.

No idea about XF.

"There are more than 1 road to Rome...."

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
JF fits, I had a diver franken. Just need some modding to the plots, careful tho if you shave too much off theres no going back.

mrjoe

22/8/15
Hmm thanks. Might need to risk it then

Gen rubber fits best on Noob.
As for JF, it varies. Some will fit with a loose mini gap between case & rubber strap. But some need mods.

No idea about XF.

"There are more than 1 road to Rome...."