• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[R8 factory] 2018 AP Royal Oak Tourbillon

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
What's the best dial from R8? legend :D

Sorry keylog I must have missed your question, I didn’t mean to ignore you.
I’m unfamiliar with this model of royal oak in gen so I’m unable to fairly tell you which is the best dial. But personally I like the blue one from R8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chiccovn

4/10/19
Sorry keylog I must have missed your question, I didn’t mean to ignore you.
I’m unfamiliar with this model of royal oak in gen so I’m unable to fairly tell you which is the best dial. But personally I like the blue one from R8.

interesting! i was totally into the blue at first, then the gray one took me by surprise for its sexiness and mistery, now after i have made choice and been happy with it,.. the blue come back haunting me :) .. if someone get a blue please post reviews .. dont make me do it myself again .. my wife gonna kill me.. she likes the gray on me. Cheers

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
I didn’t mean to ignore you.

Worry not! i actually was being lazy, did some little research. The gray on photo is mate on videos it reflects gold shades like on the old dial of the perpetual models. The case back is totally wrong and that kill it for me. The movement used on this particular dial is the same old tourby from AP. There might be models that reflect this movement decoration in ap but i didn't see them even though my research was quick.

Reactions: Mr Monaco

chiccovn

4/10/19
l

Noticed you posted this link earlier: https://www.replicachinawatch.se/122-tourbillon

Just wondering if that site is legit? I looked at TD thread but there's no mention of this website. Should I be ordering through a TD instead even if they don't list this on their site? TIA.

It was a random search result for that model picture, i did not use that website for purchase

Last edited:
Reactions: reptimelols

chiccovn

4/10/19
Worry not! i actually was being lazy, did some little research. The gray on photo is mate on videos it reflects gold shades like on the old dial of the perpetual models. The case back is totally wrong and that kill it for me. The movement used on this particular dial is the same old tourby from AP. There might be models that reflect this movement decoration in ap but i didn't see them even though my research was quick.

Yeah the Case back is false but looks cool and is in the back so i dont mind, ... the dial color is actually gray but your white or yellow lighting may change its look or reflection.
And Blue is very nice from picture.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hi, I am interested on the ROYAL OAK TOURBILLON EXTRA-THIN SS JF, the version released on 20 jun.2019

Did anyone get it? What do you think about the movement , is it any good in terms of stability and gen looking?
Please help

Sent from the RWI App

Going to answer your questions briefly and ask you to do your own research here:

1. Did anyone get it?
Yes I’ve seen wristshot pictures. Do a search.

2. What do you think about the movement , is it any good in terms of stability and gen looking?
Stable, yes.
Gen looking, not for me.

3. Extra bonus advice: wear it as a fun watch and don’t try to pretend it’s gen. If you buy a rep, forget about “gen looking”. If you want gen looking, get a gen. AP reps are nice watches on their own. Nothing close to gen APs for most of them but the majority of members here know that and either enjoy them for what they are or mod the watches to their own tastes. Except for the pink dial mods suggested by a specific member here whom I shall not name (let’s just randomly call him Dr Fun Socks) majority of the mods I’ve seen are actually pretty innovative and improve the appearance or reliability of the watch. Forget about double AR crystals too please. And also pink dials if I haven’t already mentioned that.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Going to answer your questions briefly and ask you to do your own research here:

1. Did anyone get it?
Yes I’ve seen wristshot pictures. Do a search.

2. What do you think about the movement , is it any good in terms of stability and gen looking?
Stable, yes.
Gen looking, not for me.

3. Extra bonus advice: wear it as a fun watch and don’t try to pretend it’s gen. If you buy a rep, forget about “gen looking”. If you want gen looking, get a gen. AP reps are nice watches on their own. Nothing close to gen APs for most of them but the majority of members here know that and either enjoy them for what they are or mod the watches to their own tastes. Except for the pink dial mods suggested by a specific member here whom I shall not name (let’s just randomly call him Dr Fun Socks) majority of the mods I’ve seen are actually pretty innovative and improve the appearance or reliability of the watch. Forget about double AR crystals too please. And also pink dials if I haven’t already mentioned that.

What do you think of the pink dials A? Are they good? Will they make my reps more gen like?

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
This is slander i have never (soberly) suggested a pink dial mod! When i have some spare cash i will make a dh gate pink dial special though :) if for nothing else just because it goes against everything legend stands for... that and it suits my weekend job - part time pimp!

Reactions: C Master and legend

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Tell you what P. You find a pink dial AP rep on DHGate you like and I’ll pay for it and send it your way lol.

Lol that would be the only way to get you to shop on the Gate.

Reactions: legend