• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[R8 factory] 2018 AP Royal Oak Tourbillon

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Its looks really good man! Im guessing the stem height on the movement is a lot lower on the tourbillon. The lack of a rotor obviously helps. Strange they have shrunk the case back and extruded the bezel but if its coming in at 10.8mm, cant complain there! Enjoy the watch!

Reactions: chiccovn

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
My apology to Legend and anyone who read my negative rumor about the thickness

No apology needed. You were just receiving and passing on an erroneous information. Let’s all learn together. All good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Ok the long awaited king has arrived safe and sound: and the good news is i tried to measure it with my lousy tool again and again, thickness come to abt 10.6-10.8 mm.. if u want to confirm i need sometime for pro measurement
now please tell me the bad news :)) [

There is no bad news if you wear this as a really cool watch and not as an AP tourbillon. I like the fact that you’ve confirmed it to be 10.8mm and I like the way the watch looks on your wrist. There are a few inaccuracies in the tourbillon balance wheel assembly of course and dial and other features but overall it’s a really nice and expensive looking watch to wear. Congrats!

Reactions: Allure and chiccovn

chiccovn

4/10/19
Hi, anyone can tell me which chinese movement is inside the r8 ap tourby above? and its features and reliability also? thank you

chiccovn

4/10/19
i ordered from via a local shop, northern vietnam is very near chinese replica hub

chiccovn

4/10/19
silly question: if this r8 ap tourby is a seagull movement inside then how many rounds of winding should i do? and advertisement said its 80hrs power reserve.. is that possible for seagull? thanks

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
silly question: if this r8 ap tourby is a seagull movement inside then how many rounds of winding should i do? and advertisement said its 80hrs power reserve.. is that possible for seagull? thanks

I had my seagull serviced and got 87 hours PR out of it :) When it was serviced I could wind it to the last about 90 winds.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

You wind until you cannot turn the crown anymore. It’s intuitive.
80-85hrs typically.

chiccovn

4/10/19
I had my seagull serviced and got 87 hours PR out of it :) When it was serviced I could wind it to the last about 90 winds.

thanks alot! wow 87 hrs and 90 winds, i am quite risk averse so not yet try to wind beyond 45 winds for i dont know exactly how many winds before breaking it! Some gen tourbillon movement can not be broken by overwinding but i am not sure abt chinese dudes
Been reading around but cant find much infor about userguide for chinese tourbillon movement pluse there are so many kinds of them.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
thanks alot! wow 87 hrs and 90 winds, i am quite risk averse so not yet try to wind beyond 45 winds for i dont know exactly how many winds before breaking it! Some gen tourbillon movement can not be broken by overwinding but i am not sure abt chinese dudes
Been reading around but cant find much infor about userguide for chinese tourbillon movement pluse there are so many kinds of them.

The “Chinese movements” aren’t as flimsy as they were before. Dirty and poorly oiled, yes often but not flimsy to the extent that they can be broken by winding too many times. Just turn the crown till it cannot turn further (without the use of pliers) and lock it back in without worry.
In fact the seagull tourbillon movements are a lot more reliable than the sec@12 7750 movements used in rep ROOs.

chiccovn

4/10/19
The “Chinese movements” aren’t as flimsy as they were before. Dirty and poorly oiled, yes often but not flimsy to the extent that they can be broken by winding too many times. Just turn the crown till it cannot turn further (without the use of pliers) and lock it back in without worry.
In fact the seagull tourbillon movements are a lot more reliable than the sec@12 7750 movements used in rep ROOs.

I feel more confident with it now.. thanks

Reactions: littowun