• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[R8 factory] 2018 AP Royal Oak Tourbillon

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The thing about wearing complications like tourbillons or minute repeaters, is that thickness or whatever features become secondary.
The issue is often believability or credibility of the wearer carrying off a watch which costs >$100k or whatever. Majority of the population cannot convincingly do so, but then again, majority of the population will not know or care about what a tourbillon watch is or the price bracket.
That aside, I agree the sentiment that is is a cool watch to wear and an entertaining one to look at in motion. The rep makers have done a decent job reproducing this even if the watch features aren’t accurate.
At the end of the day it is a fun replica so it works for whomever likes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and C Master

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
At the end of the day it is a fun replica so it works for whomever likes it.

That about sums it up. Staring at a tourby is a mesmerizing experience, some would argue they are not even for wearing lol.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
lol everyone wants someone else to de-risk the purchase and then ask a million questions.

Why not just give it a go and let us all know :megalol:

You can be the first to buy both and contribute the comparison :thumbsup:

Lol. I am trying to avoid buying both. I will consider it.

chiccovn

4/10/19
FYI, updated my local shop contact his chinese dealer and confirm that the thickness of the 26521 ap tourby r8f is actually above 12mm.. so its a hoax... i almost became a white mouse..

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
FYI, updated my local shop contact his chinese dealer and confirm that the thickness of the 26521 ap tourby r8f is actually above 12mm.. so its a hoax... i almost became a white mouse..

This is anecdotal. Like saying "a friend of a friend says xxx" and therefore it must be true.

I am not disagreeing that it can be true, but what I observed from the pics is that it is believable for the watch thickness to be in the 10.8mm range. I will believe a caliper shot taken myself.
There are many versions of what others say, but readings done with one's own eyes will be the ultimate truth.

Reactions: Allure

chiccovn

4/10/19
could not hold it all day long, just pulled the trigger.. will report in a few days on arrival..

Reactions: C Master

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
could not hold it all day long, just pulled the trigger.. will report in a few days on arrival..

It’s like a running commentary of your purchase process. Possible to skip forward to the part where the watch is on your wrist? Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Allure and Tompa

chiccovn

4/10/19
Ok the long awaited king has arrived safe and sound: and the good news is i tried to measure it with my lousy tool again and again, thickness come to abt 10.6-10.8 mm.. if u want to confirm i need sometime for pro measurement
now please tell me the bad news :))

Reactions: LeBron

chiccovn

4/10/19
This is anecdotal. Like saying "a friend of a friend says xxx" and therefore it must be true.

I am not disagreeing that it can be true, but what I observed from the pics is that it is believable for the watch thickness to be in the 10.8mm range. I will believe a caliper shot taken myself.
There are many versions of what others say, but readings done with one's own eyes will be the ultimate truth.

My apology to Legend and anyone who read my negative rumor about the thickness