• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[R8 factory] 2018 AP Royal Oak Tourbillon

uphoto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/18
Is the GEN as different looking? That face is completely different, almost like a star burst effect as it get's darker towards the outside.

uphoto

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/6/18
Not what I meant, sorry. Is there a difference in the SS and RG faces on the gen like the reps are showing? Or is this just bad lighting? Am I the only one who sees the massive difference in the faces between those two pics?

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
7/10/15
Ireland
I had the old AP Tourby, the movement is really well done as a Tourbillon but I had it fully torn down and serviced. It measured 12.2mm. My watchmaker believed he could easily get .3mm off it .5mm at a push and .7mm at the breaking points of reality. For that little off I decided it was not worth it. My normal JF 15400 V2 was 11.2 and he took .6mm off and could maybe go another .2mm but with a lot of work and care. I did think getting the V2 down to 10.6mm was worth it but getting the tourby down to 11.7mm when the gen is 9mm was not worth it in my opinion. Maybe this one is different but I doubt it.

Reactions: vcappp

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Not what I meant, sorry. Is there a difference in the SS and RG faces on the gen like the reps are showing? Or is this just bad lighting? Am I the only one who sees the massive difference in the faces between those two pics?
Gen has differen color on RG and SS yes

Reactions: uphoto

trtr

Renowned Member
10/3/13
It's on a few of the TD sites I see.

I do love the RG BUT boy is it a fatty. Damn.

VXC6y.jpg

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
It's on a few of the TD sites I see.

I do love the RG BUT boy is it a fatty. Damn.

VXC6y.jpg

Post a link, doubt tgat wearespeaking about same factory/version

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
Anyone see the tourby in action ?
If anyone has received it could you post video of tourby in action ?

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
Damn they fucked up the outta polishing of the clasp lol

It seems like that there is a significant unbalanced gap in the rep factory/group between the people who designed/developed/replicated this complex mechanism of the rep and the people who actually hands on polishing/assembling. The one is a genius and the other is not only a skilled person but also with carelessness and lack of professionalism.

How amazing they replicate this complex mechanical master piece and ruin it by a simple silly carelessness obvious mistake?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
now that you have it how do you compare the dial color of the rep vs the one of the gen? Is it that different as it appears on the photos?

schnitzlboy

6/4/14
austria
now that you have it how do you compare the dial color of the rep vs the one of the gen? Is it that different as it appears on the photos?

Yea you can tell if you know the gen maybe the next version will be better and you can really see the quality is not JF standard .

Reactions: Danii