• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[R8 factory] 2018 AP Royal Oak Tourbillon

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Looks like we have a new release!!!
I have still not looked/comapared to the gen one but looking forward to see some better photos, reviews,..this one is so damn sexy!

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
12.4 mm isn't bad. I dont think anyone will be able to get it to 9mm like the gen.
at least they updated the wheel for the hands to gold instead of steel.
face looks great!

if this is around 700. I think i am in for one. especially if the tour works well and is quiet

zeroh0ur

Known Member
1/6/18
according to my source the watch should be 41mm and 12.4mm thick. The power reserve should be ~80hrs

That's an impressive power reserve, but somewhat unfortunate on the thickness.

Gen is only 8.85mm, so the rep is 40% (!) thicker..

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06

Gen is “ultrathin”..I belive that for at least some time replica factories will have an issue with replicating accurately such movements/models (similar to the story with the PP Nautilus)..

Reactions: alizee0000

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17

40% is only 3.5mm. and if you can get someone to grind it down. it would be at 10mm ish..
I think most can live with 3 mm or 1 mm difference. considering, Gen is 100k and limited vs rep at 700 ish..no?

zeroh0ur

Known Member
1/6/18
Gen is “ultrathin”..I belive that for at least some time replica factories will have an issue with replicating accurately such movements/models (similar to the story with the PP Nautilus)..

Fully agreed that it's difficult to replicate accurately the thinness, it does seem to be the 'final frontier' (besides supercomplications).

40% is only 3.5mm. and if you can get someone to grind it down. it would be at 10mm ish..
I think most can live with 3 mm or 1 mm difference. considering, Gen is 100k and limited vs rep at 700 ish..no?

I could live with 10mm, even 10.5mm, but 12.4mm is unfortunately pushing it imo, particularly as gen is labelled as 'ultra thin'.
Of course that's my opinion, and I'm just anal about thickness on thin watches. Like, I don't care about 16mm on a PAM or a Knights of the Round Table, but a 15400 or a nautilus..

On grinding, not sure if it's possible, even the new 44mm open caseback ROOs can't be thinned..

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
I could live with 10mm, even 10.5mm, but 12.4mm is unfortunately pushing it imo, particularly as gen is labelled as 'ultra thin'.
Of course that's my opinion, and I'm just anal about thickness on thin watches. Like, I don't care about 16mm on a PAM or a Knights of the Round Table, but a 15400 or a nautilus..

On grinding, not sure if it's possible, even the new 44mm open caseback ROOs can't be thinned..

[/QUOTE]

I was under the impression that this case would be same as the reg AP RO, and if that can be grinded down to 10.1..couldn't this be grinded down as well?
I can live with 12mm. i would prefer 10... but i can live with 12. If i'm wrong, some one correct me and explain why please.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
Before the whole debate about thickness we should really wait for the official data from the factory (even though I belive the one provided by my source is rather exact)..

I am sure JF won’t miss to replicate these as well, maybe in the end they’ll do a better job than R8 factory.

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
The dials can only get better. Doing worse, literally is impossible.