• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[R8 factory] 2018 AP Royal Oak Tourbillon

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
The dials can only get better. Doing worse, literally is impossible.

Can you please elaborate that. From your words seems that the dials are really badly done..

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Can you please elaborate that. From your words seems that the dials are really badly done..

Haven't you seen the pics?

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14

Let me elaborate on this.
Most dials that are in here are fantasy.

Look at the colour of the purple one for example..

Here's a gen for reference:
audemars-piguet-royal-oak-tourbillon-extra-thin-s-patternom-tapisserie-evolutive-4538.jpg

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17

audemars-piguet-royal-oak-tourbillon-extra-thin-s-patternom-tapisserie-evolutive-4538.jpg

looks like the same purple to me!!! =D
i just want the blue dial.. hoping blue dial is similar.. close enough will work for me.

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06

I understand what you are saying. Doubt that the purple and the blue one will have that electric color under real light (would be a complete miss in case they would). Let’s see some further photos/videos before we say the final verdict (I have the fully iced out PP Nautilus from the R8 factory and they did a good job there)

QueTip

Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
I understand what you are saying. Doubt that the purple and the blue one will have that electric color under real light (would be a complete miss in case they would). Let’s see some further photos/videos before we say the final verdict (I have the fully iced out PP Nautilus from the R8 factory and they did a good job there)

Show me that Patek. We don’t really have to wait, I can already tell that the dials aren’t anywhere close.

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
Show me that Patek. We don’t really have to wait, I can already tell that the dials aren’t anywhere close.

-_-;; just let the man enjoy his watch! No need to wreck it
​​​​​​... You can't Un see the flaws after someone points it out! Let him enjoy it please !

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06

You’ll have to wait for a couple of days since the watch (PP) is not currently with me.

As for the AP the color was the 1st thing that I noticed, still did not go into details about the dial and what else is wrong with it. Looks like you’re looking for perfection in replica watches, I still can live with the flaws especially on these models that are rare in the gen world. Furthermore, I’d still appreciate, since it seems that you’ve analyzed more into details the gen/rep, that you actually point out the differences. Is it the print on the dial? The sunburst pattern? The hour markers?
I am using my iPhone at the moment and it’s not easy to comapare gen vs rep for me (I am not at home, not having the laptop...and as said already not having the PP as well)

Reactions: Shylock Eins

dadog13

Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
-_-;; just let the man enjoy his watch! No need to wreck it
​​​​​​... You can't Un see the flaws after someone points it out! Let him enjoy it please !

Actually I can live with knowing all the flaws of my reps..they are reps in the end. I enjoy them for what they are..cheers!

Reactions: reppin

zeroh0ur

Known Member
1/6/18
some sites have it as 9.0mm but the one he is reffering is https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/watch-collection/royal-oak/26510ST.OO.1220ST.01/
(i'm guessing) shows 8.85

they just keep getting thinner.. Rep makers need to step up their game =D

I was referring to Hodinkee:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/a...ourbillon-extra-thin-sunray-dials-introducing

If it's 9mm, I stand corrected.

Agreed on others' comments that we should wait for factory specs and a release first..

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
Actually I can live with knowing all the flaws of my reps..they are reps in the end. I enjoy them for what they are..cheers!

whats a good attitude to have.
it is a rep after all. fraction of the cost of gen.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
I was referring to Hodinkee:

https://www.hodinkee.com/articles/a...ourbillon-extra-thin-sunray-dials-introducing

If it's 9mm, I stand corrected.

Agreed on others' comments that we should wait for factory specs and a release first..

gen has both 8.95mm (white gold) and 9mm thickness (steel and pink gold) https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/watch-collection/royal-oak/26520BC.GG.1224BC.01/ and https://www.audemarspiguet.com/en/watch-collection/royal-oak/26522OR.OO.1220OR.01/

Hyjynx

28/9/13
Wow!
ca3972168d0f03ce263765704bb8d0c5.jpg

I’m loving the psychedelic purple!

3mm thicker than gen is the equivalent of a stack of 1 nickel and 1 penny (5 cent and 1 cent coins). Not too bad, but in watch terms, might as well be a yard!

kebu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/16
Good attempt. Never heard of R8 factory though. Been waiting for a good tourbillon to buy. Wonder how this compares to TF one which is consideres very good already.

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
I am in love with the Barney but how does the 41mm wear compared to the 42mm? is it noticibly smaller? I know its only a mm difference but i gather the thiness is what makes it feel smaller
hopefully it comes out soon

Reactions: SuperLory