• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[R8 factory] 2018 AP Royal Oak Tourbillon

littowun

Known Member
1/6/19
Not Applicable
This arrived a few days ago. The individual I bought it for insisted on replacing the faux sapphire bezel with real vvs diamonds :idontno: :mousepanic-r:

So this little endeavor took over three months and a lot of trust in my WeChat non-TD overseas. :megalol:

yes, I know. I know. I know. Again, not for me; not my choice. :bash:

But it turned out way better than I thought it would. :yikes:

hsdfh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: C Master

XLR8R

Renowned Member
16/8/18
This arrived a few days ago. The individual I bought it for insisted on replacing the faux sapphire bezel with real vvs diamonds :idontno: :mousepanic-r:

So this little endeavor took over three months and a lot of trust in my WeChat non-TD overseas. :megalol:

yes, I know. I know. I know. Again, not for me; not my choice. :bash:

But it turned out way better than I thought it would. :yikes:

hsdfh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No photos

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
I have seen people buy this watch recently and they still have the gold balance wheel. Others seem to have black/SS balance wheels. Is this luck of the draw or is there a secret V2? This is my next rep btw.

CarmeloAnthony

17/5/20
Portland
So there is a V2 for the black and the blue dial versions with a correct (sort of) colored tourbillon. Metallic silver instead of gold. I wonder if the blue dial with the gem bezel also has this update?

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Can the case back/mid case be shaved down on this? I’m guessing not due to the tourbilion.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Can the case back/mid case be shaved down on this? I’m guessing not due to the tourbilion.

Well i took my jf one apart and theres no chance. Cant imagine its any different on this. The tourbillon movements are just a bit thicker. The deco plate is also only about 0.4mm so not a lot to play with there either.

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
Well i took my jf one apart and theres no chance. Cant imagine its any different on this. The tourbillon movements are just a bit thicker. The deco plate is also only about 0.4mm so not a lot to play with there either.

Thank you for confirming.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
https://biao6688.com/62690.html

Looks like there is a 2020 update to this line from R8.. anyone have a good eye for those side shots? Looks pretty thin...
ZWCsuJ.jpg

If all ratios are the same as the normal 15400 that watch is about 11mm. I thin quite a few 15400’s and that looks like a completely stock jf so 11mm give or take. But these definitely 100% are not thinable, ive tried on a different factories version. Movement is just too thick.

For reference heres my jf thats about 10mm metal to metal. Notice the near lack of the part of the case back that is parallel to the side of the watch. Not saying thats what the gen is like but thats what most thinned 15400’s look like.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Using Google translate.

“It is very convenient when you can see clearly when you download. The diameter of the case is 41 mm and the thickness is 10.6 mm”

So still 1.6mm from gen.

The thickness of this watch is only 1 problem. It doesn't really matter even if the thickness of the watch is 1:1 to gen. There are still a lot of tells on the watch, and above that, the believability of wearing such a high-end watch if one does not have the income and lifestyle to substantiate it. I can totally imagine the hilarity of a salaried sale staff wearing even the rep, or perhaps a retail assistant working at the mall. The watch always needs to be believable on the wearer and during the occasion. Yes, in theory, you can choose whatever watch you like and say what you please when asked, but it may be far more believable if one chooses a watch which is compatible with his lifestyle, attitude and confidence.
Most of us do not wear surfer shorts to work, or suits to sleep. Likewise, most of us will not wear high end tourbillons in our daily lives, so each watch needs to be prudently carried off as extensions of our styles, and an appropriate accessory for the occasion.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I emailed PureTime they said there is no updated version. They spoke with R8 factory. Wish there was a slimmer R8 version.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Is the size of the balance wheel of the R8F Tourbillon the same as the JF? I know in 2018 JF went to a smaller balance wheel that was quite noticeably smaller than the previous models.

Shylock Eins

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/2/16
How do you like it thus far? I've been lusting over this for over a year and have been too lazy to pull the trigger.

Hello [mention]nalomb [/mention]

Got it last Monday. I am loving it!

Have also the black dial, but this one is much more attractive.

Perfect for the summer.

Best,