• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15202 JF - New Release

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Tosoboso offered a gen 15202 dial combined with a working 2121 which needs a service a while ago... It was a pity that it was useless for the majority as there were no good donor cases. Now here it is - the perfect base to slap a gen movement with a gen dial in. Modding the case to gen height and you are more than good to go.

You'll need a modern datewheel, rotor, and hands tho. Good luck finding those.

BIONONE

28/4/17
You'll need a modern datewheel, rotor, and hands tho. Good luck finding those.

could be really hard haha

Just thought - if there is someone abled to find a perfect 15202 dial there have to be someone who is abled to find the rest to make this build happen ;)

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
Btw, I have a set of brand new sparkling wg hands :)

And there’s nothing wrong with the old style rotor btw...

Reactions: antotony0203

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
What are your thoughts about this release, Sir?

Sir, I think it’s still early to say, without having the end product in hand. This may as well be a prototype, but it’s more likely the real thing. Still, until we can measure it with calliper thickness will be open to speculation. I’d say it’s a bit too thick, but possibly a good base for a 15202 franken or just a highly modded rep 15202 that would require thinning of all 3 pieces of metal plates - midcase, bezel, caseback. I’d rather take off the silly deco plates as a trade off for a thinner piece. Bracelet seems a great effort, as always.

Dial doesn’t seem to be better than the usual 15400 offerings. And the hands pinnons are too wide, but that’s to be expected with a base 9015.

Overall, not a bad first attempt. Certainly a good base to work on :)

P.S. The crown is for once the proper size, unlike all other 15202 attempts (bar the now extinct mbw model) which all have short fat crowns

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Thats wrong the new 2017/2018 have the sunburst effect Check the baselword videos the quartz is almost 1:1 JF used a 2016 version

They just copied the wrong model the sunburst is on the model with polished bezel.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Sir, I think it’s still early to say, without having the end product in hand. This may as well be a prototype, but it’s more likely the real thing. Still, until we can measure it with calliper thickness will be open to speculation. I’d say it’s a bit too thick, but possibly a good base for a 15202 franken or just a highly modded rep 15202 that would require thinning of all 3 pieces of metal plates - midcase, bezel, caseback. I’d rather take off the silly deco plates as a trade off for a thinner piece. Bracelet seems a great effort, as always.

Dial doesn’t seem to be better than the usual 15400 offerings. And the hands pinnons are too wide, but that’s to be expected with a base 9015.

Overall, not a bad first attempt. Certainly a good base to work on :)

P.S. The crown is for once the proper size, unlike all other 15202 attempts (bar the now extinct mbw model) which all have short fat crowns

I appreciate every thought you wrote down. Thank you for that!

I almost expected an answer like this - I guess I have to be a bit more patient.

The fact that JF is working on this particular model gives me hope. I am excited how this whole thing turns out.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Thats wrong the new 2017/2018 have the sunburst effect Check the baselword videos the quartz is almost 1:1 JF used a 2016 version

They just copied the wrong model the sunburst is on the model with polished bezel.

You mean SIHH not Baselworld, don't you? :D

The platinum version with polished bezel and mid links got a fumé dial not a conventional or ordinary sunburst dial.

As i said - there are different dial variations in the gen model as well but for me the electric hue of the quartz version even at the price of 140 bucks is still a bummer for me... But that is just a personal preference.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
There is another new AP 15202 rep !?
It is annoying that because it increase confusion. ,

it happens when a reputable quality leader like JF attempts to bring a new high-end rep to the market,

then, at the exact same time, the sellers list another product which has a lower quality. Competition is good for price but it increase possibility of receiving wrong product and I have to be careful and do double check to get the right one I want.

It happens when the new rep super clone aqua terra is introduced to the market by VSF, then the sellers list another product brings a lower quality. So, I have to take care to make sure that I receive the new VSF one. It is annoying.

Same thing happened, when ZF introduced the high end rep Jaeger Ultra Thin Moon, then , at the same time, the sellers list another product with low quality, Is it intended ?? It is annoying, I have to spend more time to make sure that I have not received the wrong one.

9f4414c61ea6a734ea22084c767555ea.png

http://www.ireplicafactory.co/new-wa...let-miyota9015
This one has a space which is incorrect between the case lug and the edge of the bezel.

At least, JF made it correctly, the edge of the bezel meets the edge of the case lug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Here little Gen vs. Rep (quartz) (atleast i tried)

Gen:

Rep:

Sorry extremly hard to catch it with my smartphone cam :( but the color looks like 1:1 they should really polish the bezel and the bracelet links + fill the logo it would be a 1:1 rep :D its really a shame.

but back to JF version really offtopic here.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
because they want make money nothing more lol they know that many people want to buy this version.

Edit: Did someone get QCs etc? Would be nice to see them (or a video?)

Last edited:

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I haven't seen any other TDs with this out yet. I wonder when this will be released officially? DTIME has the thickness listed at 9.2mm, but no pics of the official watch. Do they know something we don't? 9.2 is way better than 9.5mm IMO.

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
because they want make money nothing more lol they know that many people want to buy this version.

Edit: Did someone get QCs etc? Would be nice to see them (or a video?)

I don't think it's even released yet. I've asked my TD about it twice, and he couldn't get it yet.