• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

AP 15202 JF - New Release

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
The problem is that the printing is so weak that you really cant see it? Its not really white :D its just darkblue/white and compared with gen its an instant tell also the swiss made printing is totally broken.

kobe24

Renowned Member
19/7/16
Just find a large pic from PT, the print is not good enough, but it'g good to me. I like the 15202.

015X9A1794.jpg

Reactions: BIONONE

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
I agree with this comment from BIONONE:
"i think it is a very good first attempt after everyone cried for a 15202 with JF quality - now here it is."
Of course, there are things that do not correspond to the gen at all. But it is a very good first attempt.

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
I agree with this comment from BIONONE:
"i think it is a very good first attempt after everyone cried for a 15202 with JF quality - now here it is."
Of course, there are things that do not correspond to the gen at all. But it is a very good first attempt.

Same thing I was thinking. 18 months from now, it'll be much better. The bezel shape looks greatI, but It'stotally missing the angled rehaut

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Guys look at the 15400 v3 they still have print issues after 4 years of updates :D i really hope its a prototype.

Edit the larger pic has no print issue there is hope :D

el_assamite

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/7/10
I just saw the largest picture from PT, really better than the ones on their website, I am tempted now...

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

BIONONE

28/4/17
Angus always had the best connection to JF so i guess he has always something sooner than other TDs.

That said i think he has access to prototype pictures yes - but also mentions that when the watch shown is a prototype. In this case nothing has been declared as a prototype.

I can imagine that there will be some different batches where some minor things can differ.

For me the printing cant be stated as a printing issue... This is the best base for a franken or a modding project so far so i don't see any point to reduce this rep...

and regarding the thinness - again - the decorative plates can be removed and i guess so the case back can be shaved down. other than that - thickness is also ok as i am not paying 25.000$ or even more for the gen. This is as good as it gets at the moment.

And lets keep in mind - when there is nobody buying this rep we won't see any updates anytime soon :D

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Come on look at the Swiss Made on the puretime page the "e" looks not good.

To say thats not a printing issue is a little bit to much :D we have the same issue with the 15400 for years.

I don't get why the quartz versions always get the printing better saw the same issue with a AP chrono

But iam still in and waiting for more pictures and videos.

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
Puretime price is $488.00 sorry iam out thats expensiver than a 904L Rolex lol sorry guys normally iam not bitchin about the price but seriously a 15400 costs 398 USD and is larger (more Material) and the same steel lol

Reactions: mech500 and vcappp

el_assamite

13/7/10
Indeed the price is high, but the more I see the watch the more I appreciate JF approach on the build of the watch. Not perfect but guys, quality is there and it is an important factor for me. 488$ is big money, I was more thinking about 388$. However I want a 15202 for a long time... conclusion is that I will wait for real photos, feedbacks and videos before buying it, I can wait few additional months to be convinced, but somewhere I am already thinking about pulling the trigger... it is a great watch, most of people her in Switzerland think that if you need to have only one watch, the 15202 would be the one. Can fit any occasion, sporty but also classy, good balance and 39mm is perfect sizing for the majority. Not far from the 15400 but the perception her is that the 15400 is « bling bling » when the 15202 is a « gentlemen sport watch ».
Long waiting list and you need to be an AP customer to have the chance to buy it. So less chance to meet someone wearing it and it seems to be a good investment as it price is still increasing.
Conclusion is that I am seriously thinking about going Gen for the SS, and rep for a RG version.
An alternative could be to go Franken however difficult/impossible to source spare parts...

Tigerdragon

Mythical Poster
19/10/13
They are both bling bling but for that price you get 3x the quartz with better printing and DW and important better height, i mean yes the quality of the JF will maybe better (but i must say i saw some 15400 V3 with shitty bracelets so its not always "good" quality) but like i said 3x the quartz so you have 3 shots to get a good one :D

BIONONE

28/4/17
An alternative could be to go Franken however difficult/impossible to source spare parts...

Tosoboso offered a gen 15202 dial combined with a working 2121 which needs a service a while ago... It was a pity that it was useless for the majority as there were no good donor cases. Now here it is - the perfect base to slap a gen movement with a gen dial in. Modding the case to gen height and you are more than good to go.

BIONONE

28/4/17
They are both bling bling but for that price you get 3x the quartz with better printing and DW and important better height, i mean yes the quality of the JF will maybe better (but i must say i saw some 15400 V3 with shitty bracelets so its not always "good" quality) but like i said 3x the quartz so you have 3 shots to get a good one :D

the more i look at the quartz versions the more i hate the texture of the tapisserie and the electric hue... i know some older dials got that electric sunburst too but the newer ones don't so JF is correct for post 2016 models.

the price is crazy, i hope it is a typo haha
Lets wait for other TDs to upload pictures with different lighting and some good videos...

el_assamite

13/7/10
the more i look at the quartz versions the more i hate the texture of the tapisserie and the electric hue... i know some older dials got that electric sunburst too but the newer ones don't so JF is correct for post 2016 models.

I totally agree with you, the dial should be mate and dark blue, no electric sunburst...
The gen has a little dark sunburst, not easy to see.
The quartz version is great for it thin, DW and print... and its price!!!

reppin

Renowned Member
27/5/12
this is only 9.5mm with a Miyota, hopefully the V4 15400 gets this movement and becomes this thickness and we are good to go.

Reactions: gte587t and vcappp

BIONONE

28/4/17
this is only 9.5mm with a Miyota, hopefully the V4 15400 gets this movement and becomes this thickness and we are good to go.

the 15400 got a seconds hand so i don't see it anytime soon being thinner than 10,5-11mm

BIONONE

28/4/17
I totally agree with you, the dial should be mate and dark blue, no electric sunburst...
The gen has a little dark sunburst, not easy to see.
The quartz version is great for it thin, DW and print... and its price!!!

yeah it is a nice package of price including the goods you are getting for it.

but in the end the finish is nowhere near the JF standard... now we have a correct bezel and are shape (beside the case back) and a superb bracelet finish like JF did in recent 15400 versions.

The dial looks much more gen like - especially the tapisserie squares under magnification. I am excited to see better pictures and a video...

There has to happen something to justify this price tag. In the end it is the same procedure of production like on the 15400... so I don't see the point of 100$ more.
I assume they charge so much because they got the monopole of high end 15202...

Lets wait.