• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ROO Gold Themes v2

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
Well indeed it is true that the dial color is now better than the older model, yet, to me it still looks far off from the gen in terms of the dial color itself. So to answer your question, trying to answer it as unbiased as I can, but I would not pull the trigger on it still. Here is some pics of the dial color on a Gen Gold Themes for your reference
db1e17e0e87255385dcd71b53845730a.jpg

6c5737a6b0059c43154a87c944a85ffd.jpg

But if you’re not that anal about the dial color then you should pull the trigger by all means especially after their updates on the DW and cyclops which would definitely make a lot of a difference

"Tienes que correr riesgos, en esta vida"

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Well indeed it is true that the dial color is now better than the older model, yet, to me it still looks far off from the gen in terms of the dial color itself. So to answer your question, trying to answer it as unbiased as I can, but I would not pull the trigger on it still. Here is some pics of the dial color on a Gen Gold Themes for your reference
db1e17e0e87255385dcd71b53845730a.jpg

6c5737a6b0059c43154a87c944a85ffd.jpg

But if you’re not that anal about the dial color then you should pull the trigger by all means especially after their updates on the DW and cyclops which would definitely make a lot of a difference

Thanks mate - how would you say the colour of the plating is in comparison to gen?

Reactions: BirkinTourbillon

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
Thanks mate - how would you say the colour of the plating is in comparison to gen?

No problem mate. Well, regarding the plating color, I would say that I am happy enough with it though if you compare between the two, the difference is obviously there, especially if we’re talking about full bracelet model which would weigh way more than the rep. But look wise, the gold plating is good enough to me, definitely wouldn’t fade over time.

Reactions: Scottymagic

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
No problem mate. Well, regarding the plating color, I would say that I am happy enough with it though if you compare between the two, the difference is obviously there, especially if we’re talking about full bracelet model which would weigh way more than the rep. But look wise, the gold plating is good enough to me, definitely wouldn’t fade over time.

That’s it - I’m pulling the trigger! No one will notice unless it’s side by side and with never having seen the gen even in an AP AD, I’m safe in the knowledge no one will call me out

quelfala

Renowned Member
21/6/13
That’s it - I’m pulling the trigger! No one will notice unless it’s side by side and with never having seen the gen even in an AP AD, I’m safe in the knowledge no one will call me out

Hope you can do a review on the dial color after you receive your watch as I am also sitting on the fence whether to get this since V1.

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14

Most definitely mate! But then again, unless you’re going franken, all 42mm ROOs are easy to spot given all well known tells, so I don’t see why you should bother about that, as long as you’re happy then go for it mate. That’s what I do, at least. And how you pull it off will speak a lot on the watch you’re wearing too. Please do not forget to post some wristies as soon as you’ve got your hands on it mate! All the best with your purchase :)

Laduaks

13/11/16
any updates on this? Tempted to pull the trigger on this, but gold plating is so scary, one hairline can ruin the hole damn ting ;/

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Please keep us posted on this one man, would love to see a review of this updated version in person. Many regards in advance man!

I've got it - it's beautiful! Bit busy at the moment but I'll try write a review soon

BirkinTourbillon

I'm Pretty Popular
25/3/14
I've got it - it's beautiful! Bit busy at the moment but I'll try write a review soon

I’m glad that it all worked out well. No worries on that man, just do that once you have a spare time to do so. Thanks man and have a good one :)

DarqueBark

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/10/10
I haven't had any of the gold ROOs, but I had a gold RO previously and that held up remarkably well for over a year as a beater watch.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I love my V3 ok. Looks quite accurate and the flaws have been diminished enough to make the watch acceptable to wear.

at the usual 600USD plus I'd like to get exactly the same as yours if possible.
Although I'm not a gold flasher like you I can try

Reactions: QueTip and legend