• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF AP Dark Knight

flying-tommy

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
21/8/12
Could you please show pictures from the Strap Problem?

I will asked Domi when I met him next week

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

South-African-Dom

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/6/18
A crystal swap is a MUST on all black dial ROOs in my book...

07242947e7e2496d27bbb302f8330eaf.jpg
e1a549da24a3bd8ef05860fb56c6c322.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what a difference :O

mrsmith1

9/11/18
A silly question, since I have never purchased a rep Chronograph before, did the chronograph function on the watch actually work? or the sub dials are just there for display only?

mrsmith1

9/11/18
What is the actual thickness of the watch, is it really 16mm that thick? Also, are the plots moveable?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
A silly question, since I have never purchased a rep Chronograph before, did the chronograph function on the watch actually work? or the sub dials are just there for display only?

Chronograph works but I will not recommend you play around with it too much. The weakness of the movement is the design and the chronograph function is precarious at best.

Reactions: Allure and vcappp

Horology Curious
15/3/19
Anyone purchased this dark knight jf version before? Please share some photos and comments.

Less

30/9/18
DE
Hello all peeps who own a dark knight! Are you still satisfied with this one? I'm almost certain to get one but I need some encouragement by y'all! :D

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Hello all peeps who own a dark knight! Are you still satisfied with this one? I'm almost certain to get one but I need some encouragement by y'all! :D

The regret will be immense if you don’t get it. Lol

Reactions: Allure

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
I was not aware rep factories updated their cases... thanks for the info

Sent from the RWI App

AP updated their cases in 2014 , changed a few dimensions and changed to the ceramic pushers unlike the older classic ROOS . So offcourse since then Factories also made a few changes in the ROO from 2014 upwards. There hasn't been a carbon case for the 42mm and 44mm Roos since 2014 and upwards so the Bumblee Bee and all other olders models (Before 2014) are still the same dimensions and rubberised pushers.

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Hi guys, am I going crazy or does this fit better than a ROO diver 42mm for a small wrist? I was in LA this last weekend and stopped by the AP AD and tried on the gen since I was considering getting a ROO Diver 9.5 and wanted some idea of sizing for my skinny wrist, but it actually looks smaller in my eyes compared to the Diver.

133073-C5-ECA7-4973-9-E6-A-1-D30-DBB0-B83-C.jpg

1-FD72-D39-6-A33-429-A-9060-B4-ACDD8-C3-FE1.jpg

Gds__Ares

Rolie Glitzer Glitzer
30/3/19
Austria
Hi guys, am I going crazy or does this fit better than a ROO diver 42mm for a small wrist? I was in LA this last weekend and stopped by the AP AD and tried on the gen since I was considering getting a ROO Diver 9.5 and wanted some idea of sizing for my skinny wrist, but it actually looks smaller in my eyes compared to the Diver.

133073-C5-ECA7-4973-9-E6-A-1-D30-DBB0-B83-C.jpg

1-FD72-D39-6-A33-429-A-9060-B4-ACDD8-C3-FE1.jpg

Yeqh, for me it looks also smaller then the diver .... I would go with the dark knight bro.... How "small" is your wrist?

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17

case size should be the same while the Chrono is thicker and got a different proportion to the bezel/back.

The Diver sits on a thicker case back which lets him protrude more. Keep in mind that no stock chrono rep will have a case back as flat as the gen. Unless you mod the hell out of it or go the franken route.

For me the feel of the diver is way more balanced than the ROO chrono. The chrono is very top heavy due to the thicker bezel. But it comes down to personal preferences.

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
Yeqh, for me it looks also smaller then the diver .... I would go with the dark knight bro.... How "small" is your wrist?

Mine's just 6.25 inches so about 16cm. I was just surprised since I heard the Divers fit better than the chrono models - I had actually completely dismissed the non-diver Offshores since the Diver is already probably in "too big for me but it looks so cool" territory.

case size should be the same while the Chrono is thicker and got a different proportion to the bezel/back.

The Diver sits on a thicker case back which lets him protrude more. Keep in mind that no stock chrono rep will have a case back as flat as the gen. Unless you mod the hell out of it or go the franken route.

For me the feel of the diver is way more balanced than the ROO chrono. The chrono is very top heavy due to the thicker bezel. But it comes down to personal preferences.

Thank you, good to know! I likely won't be modding anything anytime soon since I'm still relatively new to this, but I do feel like the 15703/15710 does fit a little too big on me. Part of me is thinking that it could be the strap - I would definitely need a XS strap with the Diver (unfortunately I don't have access to a Diver with a XS strap to try) but the final hole in the Dark Knight stock strap felt like it was just enough, a bit loose but not uncomfortably so.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Not sure if you are referring to the rep ROO but my gen ROOs feel very comfortable and definitely balanced on the wrist. They do not feel top heavy in any way.
Like you mentioned, the wear-feel can be very subjective and some simply find the ROO (even gen) way too thick for comfort and prefer thinner watches.

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
I tried on the Diver and Dark Knight again and vetoed the Diver, it simply looked too big on me and I think I'm stuck with an Aquanaut as my stainless steel on black rubber rep options. I still think the Dark Knight looks okay on me and I picked up on from M2M yesterday - looking forward to joining the club! And also occasionally being nervous about this being my first A7750 rep.

Last edited:

roflwaffles

14/4/19
San Francisco
I got mine in and it's a beauty, but it is quite a bit heavier than anything else I've ever worn. My small wrist does feel a bit strained after a few days wear.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I got mine in and it's a beauty, but it is quite a bit heavier than anything else I've ever worn. My small wrist does feel a bit strained after a few days wear.

You must be kidding lol.I never heard of anyone who got a wrist strain from wearing a watch. I can believe small, but I cannot believe the level of feebleness you have described haha :D