• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

JF Havana

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Thanks J! What color lume do you recommend? Are you referring to the lume so the numerals have that off white color? I just may do that! Let me know please. Thanks

Looks good on you. We’re just viewing it from pictures but what are your thoughts on the watch in real life (colours, quality etc).

slaughterer62

Mythical Poster
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
27/1/13
It is difficult to lume over the existing lume of a new-style ROO dial. As for choosing which lume to use, there was a member on HF named cornholio who once sold different tones of vintage lume in beige and yellow. That is what I would select from.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
QueTip JF diarrhea...how can you like it -.-

wondering why so many people identify a brown colored watch with excreta... While there are much more sartorial things like cigars, coffee or leather goods that got that brown warm appearance.

kinda unthinkingly for a gentleman IMO.

Reactions: reppin

BIONONE

28/4/17
TheDonSL I appreciate your pictures!

Even with its minor differences in color (markers...) compared to the gen this is a piece i was looking for so long...

Or maybe going gen hehe :hehehe:

TheDonSL

28/12/13
TheDonSL I appreciate your pictures!

Even with its minor differences in color (markers...) compared to the gen this is a piece i was looking for so long...

Or maybe going gen hehe :hehehe:

847e705e1beb1dc10d066296db9a376d.jpg
aa3ffc7f47d16475c48226eda01427a7.jpg
5293f2018bf2b98b74ecb84c4eaf6bed.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDonSL

28/12/13
Looks good on you. We’re just viewing it from pictures but what are your thoughts on the watch in real life (colours, quality etc).

The dial is very nice, the brown changes color in different lighting and has a matte like appeal to it in specific lighting. The hour markers are of course not 100% correct color, but the gen strap and prof crystal the watch is a show stopper. Very classy the brown as well. I will say the crystal on this one was terrible! To see and appreciate the beauty of the dial on this model, a prof crystal is a must.

Quality is is top notch as all JFs. The date wheel and cyclops are an improvement and great to where out of the box now, however the mikey datewheel and prof V2 cyclops still are miles better. Sadly Mikey is not making the date wheels anymore. I’m happy I have some spares for future watches... I have a very special 42mm I’ll be working on soon that I’m excited about... gen strap ready!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Looks good man. That gen strap is something else!! I’m not too bothered about the colours being exactly the same as gen, as long as the overall looks right....which this does. Will be getting one soon. Thanks for the “real life” feedback and pics.

Reactions: TheDonSL

IWCAP

Known Member
18/8/16
Here’s mine - I’m SO pleased ????

bf85cf1eeb5cff9ccd2e48b6b34c93b1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: legend

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Doing some research on 42mm ROOs to decide which colour to get. That's a great looking hanava ROO, seems like the updates makes it pretty good ootb!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Looks pretty damn good, colour seems on point. I compared it to some gen pics i cant really tell them apart (colour).

BIONONE

28/4/17
Looks pretty damn good, colour seems on point. I compared it to some gen pics i cant really tell them apart (colour).

be aware of the fact that the lume color should be more of a vanilla yellow vintage beige rather than this frosted white. Same for the prints.

on all other aspects i really like the concept and JF is the best and only option at this moment on the rep market unless you want to go franken (but yeah - not with models like this hehe)

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
be aware of the fact that the lume color should be more of a vanilla yellow vintage beige rather than this frosted white. Same for the prints.

on all other aspects i really like the concept and JF is the best and only option at this moment on the rep market unless you want to go franken (but yeah - not with models like this hehe)
I can see the lume difference here....but can someone confirm its purely white lume? On trusty's videos it seems to have a yellowish tint to it...if its white looks like i got to find another model. Its gonna be my first ROO. Already have a 15400, need something to spice up my AP game haha.

BIONONE

28/4/17

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
if you like the look - buy it ;)

look a few pages back here and have a look at TheDonSL's pictures of his Havana on a gen strap and enjoy the beauty of it - even with its minor differences in color.
Definitely love the look of it. Things like date positioning, hands thickness etc, the usual mods, those don't really bother me and now with the V2 upgrades, looks great ootb to me. But the getting dial markers wrong is a deal breaker for me, that's something i can't unsee. :(

Droplonder

Known Member
26/7/14
As always we‘re talking of such minor differences to a gen that nobody outside this Forum would realize what we‘re talking about. Anyway it seems to be time for me to join the AP ROO league after all these Pam years, LOL...

Reactions: IWCAP

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Got mine changed the strap with real croc then stop working stuck 10:10 cannot get it to run. This is the third time a JF crapped out on me hopefully a easy fix