• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Royal Oak 41MM 15400 V3 guidance

jxnnybxy

Looking Around
8/7/18
Hello there everyone,

I am new here and have been exploring quite abit regarding the trusted dealer and 15400 JF V3 dial differences between blue and black dial. I look at BP and TF i feel that JF is still the best, correct me if i am wrong.

First of, I'm located in South East Asia, Singapore which the custom is pretty strict, any intro towards a trusted dealer that often ship in here?

Secondly, I'm kinda stuck between choosing the blue dial and the black dial, though the difference of V3 blue dial compared to the gen is quite noticeable. How are your thoughts on the black one then?

Would appreciate any input from the seniors here!

P.S I am pretty OCD too haha

Reactions: corleone911

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Greetings, I from Singapore as well and I have a JF 15400 in blue. Its not the perfect rep but its pretty damn close, the miyota runs great with a +/- 5 just a loud rotor.

If you are going to be "ocd" and all about how close it is to gen you will not be happy. If you like it, get it, you will not regret. No one will know its a rep unless its looked up close, like really close.

As for customs, use a TD, any custom issues they will ship you a new one (once only if im not wrong). I do not use a TD but my watches get here just fine.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

mlp

Horology Curious
4/6/18
hi
About 15400 i prefer on JF V.3 but it have little issue that you met

1.Dial color get the black one JF V.3 more better than blue one. the blue one have a groove around "AudermarPiguet" logo not like gen
2.Miyota9015 is not bad . but it have noisy rotor & DW flip from down to up & can't mod to low beat like gen
3.DW wrong it's thicker than gen
4.case thicker than gen 10.5mm

if you fine. go ahead with black V.3 it's nice for daily use

first time i interest 15400 but now i take diver first cause it have less issue than 15400 V.3 (similar price at TD)

i still like 15400 but i'm waiting V.4 & hope factory do it better

jxnnybxy

Looking Around
8/7/18
Hi saxo, mlp,

Appreciate your kind input. I would wait for V4 and wait for any improvement on the dial.

Just a side question, what does TD stands for?

transteam

Known Member
23/6/17
Hi saxo, mlp,

Appreciate your kind input. I would wait for V4 and wait for any improvement on the dial.

Just a side question, what does TD stands for?

i suggest reading forum's beginner guide and terminology.
TD = Trusted Dealer.
Get the blue. you don't notice the little mistakes unless you are on the forum
or you are a watch maker.
case is thicker, which irks me for some reason

Reactions: jxnnybxy

saxo

Renowned Member
21/3/16
Every version will definitely have its downsides, otherwise by now we'll have tons of perfect reps. The blue is great, mine isnt a V3 but rather a V2J which i feel has a better colour, the V3 has a rather dull feel.

You should start reading up the forums before you get flamed, there is a V3 review some time ago, you can look that up. Otherwise, get the watch you want or its going to be a very long wait. The lesser you see the happier you are.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Reactions: jxnnybxy