• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Entire line of APs from JF will be updated

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
I mean if you have to buy a new roo 42mm yeah the dw looks better than before but you wont fool anyone so if you are happy with it whether is new or old dw doesn’t really matter. If you want to mod then surely you gonna change that cyclop which has no depth, plus hands plus tachy then you are back to square one and this update on the 42mm is useless imho

Reactions: spursian

watchtiger

22/11/16
I mean if you have to buy a new roo 42mm yeah the dw looks better than before but you wont fool anyone so if you are happy with it whether is new or old dw doesn’t really matter. If you want to mod then surely you gonna change that cyclop which has no depth, plus hands plus tachy then you are back to square one and this update on the 42mm is useless imho

Well said. Could not agree more.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Not a 42mm but this 44mm Panda looks like it has the updated DW font and cyclop too.

I know they’re not a TD here but here’s the link.

[video]https://www.pf-828.com/aap00101-2014-arf-v2-26400-royal-oak-offshore-ss-ru-black-a-3126.html[/video]

Looks very similar to my Panda which has the Prof cyclops and Mikey date wheel.

35efabf48033d3fba4ce3cbc9b2de4ea.jpg

I really hope JF release a white dial rubber clad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kebu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/7/16
Still excited to hear JF working on update despite changes may still require mods. Been eyeing an AP as my next buy. Look forward!

Miguel Piguet

I'm Pretty Popular
14/5/13
Well hope they don't forget the little details 'PROPER DIAL COLOUR' for grey dials especially, coz they seem to always miss that :( ....

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
Well hope they don't forget the little details 'PROPER DIAL COLOUR' for grey dials especially, coz they seem to always miss that :( ....

I am waiting a decent TRULLI!!!!!!!

The new batch with date and ciclop is amazing....a prof x2 and they are simply PERFECT

Reactions: Guicamarao

d'oliveira

Horology Curious
13/3/15
I've been learning so much from you guys... the more I read, the more newbie I feel

tosoboso

I'm Pretty Popular
5/2/15
I recently read on the Chinese forums that one of the factories has been working secretly with a Swiss engineer who was previously employed by AP. More specifically, he was working on the concept movements, so it is expected that the said factory will be releasing a 1:1 copy of a recent concept timepiece. So I will keep my hard earned cash until that new model is released.

Now, jokes aside, JF and their updated versions of the good old models are a good entry point but they lack respect for the cusromer: there are so many flaws that no matter what improved cyclops or datewheel they invest in, these will never be at sufficiently good level to be more than 80-85% acceptable. The few real
exceptions are the hated diver and the FC models (esp. the 44mm ones). Why they choose not no pursue the development of a proper base movement (2 year old rumours of a new movement have been just that: rumours) is beyond me; charging $400-600 for a rep and selling 4-5 figure numbers a year should be sufficient motivating factor if I were a factory. But alas, I’m not and I wouldn’t care to be :)

So not holdind my breath (sadly)

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
What he said

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Based on comparison with others rep industry projects, do we have a budget estimate for how much it would cost to develop a clone AP chrono movement? $2-3million?

Excuse my ignorance but don’t they have the same movements in Hamilton’s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
A very very stupid question you guys
does Prof only do the crystal replacement or can he also do the mickey dw swap and the cyclops and also service the watch??? Again i know a stupid question but I have purchased 3 44mm Roo and need to start modding them

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
just get the cyclops and crystal from him and let it together with the DW install by a modder. would be the best way as you also want to have the watch serviced

Reactions: krkqm2008

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
BIONONE So a modder will service the watch and install the Mickey dw, correct? And which modded would you recommend ? Maybe an email address if you have it