• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF 15707 ceramic V2

Topcatz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/17
Canada
Thank you.

I know of a modder in Singapore said he can fix it. He said he can low beat it as well plus he can install the 2 AR cyclop.

Do you know any modders in conus or Canada?

Thank you.

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

Reactions: vcappp

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
fbvUvx@.jpg

● 1xAR Mikey cyclops
● flexible endlink

davidws

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/8/06
global
Just a side note... I purchased the FC Diver with low-beat ETA 2846... It arrived with no hack mechanism at all and running very poorly. Sounded like there were rocks in there. Luckily, my watchmaker had a hack mechanism laying around at put it in.
It's running really great now, accurate and good PR, but this just goes to show that even buying Swiss ETA is a mixed bag when it's coming from 'this' industry ;-)

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Mine was broken too, and that was my first time trynna wear the watch!
The quality of assembly by XF is not pretty good...

same here, unscrew to set time and the crown and stem pulled out completely and the stem revealed itself broken

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
This is a XF v2. Could I please hear a 2nd opinion about my “specific concern about the alignment of markers with the bezel index? Should I ask a new one?

Am I correct? I think that the 5 o’clock index of bezel is misaligned to the 5 o’clock marker on the dial. And the 6 o’clock marker on the dial slightly tilted to the right. Am I being too picky?

Two pictures below are showing same one watch at slightly different angle. Thank you.

7fa228eef25363bd1d20f39fbb2d2ceb.png

b25b64ba25b852858ae12431aae94863.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
It's not just those 2, all the markers at 3-7 are a bit off. Mine has a similar alignment flaw and it made me go crazy for the first few days, but now after a month, I couldn't give a damn. Depending on which angle you look at, due to the depth of the crystal and bezel some markers always look off.

If it really bothers you, redlight it - but don't be surprised if the next one is not that much better. XF quality control seems to be a bit crappy on the ceramic.

vcappp

I'm Pretty Popular
20/6/18
It's not just those 2, all the markers at 3-7 are a bit off. Mine has a similar alignment flaw and it made me go crazy for the first few days, but now after a month, I couldn't give a damn. Depending on which angle you look at, due to the depth of the crystal and bezel some markers always look off.

If it really bothers you, redlight it - but don't be surprised if the next one is not that much better. XF quality control seems to be a bit crappy on the ceramic.

thanks for your comment!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Batphonetime

Looking Around
25/11/18
Hi can can someone help with these QC photos? Much appreciatrd

NO

Last edited by a moderator:

freediver

I'm Pretty Popular
24/3/17
You should not post QC pics, unless you have a specific question

Last edited by a moderator:

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Interesting that everyone has focused on crystal, cyclops, and dial marker issues on this watch.

I love all ceramic watches, and really wanted to like this release from XF. But it’s very important that AP ROOs sit on the wrist correctly and wear as comfortably as the gen. The thickness of the XF V2 is close to gen. So I am vexed by the strange proportions and dimensions of the caseback in relation to the gen case and caseback. IMO there is too much caseback showing and the caseback is way too thick. This causes the watch to sit too high on the wrist and looks awkward compared to the gen which wears relatively sleeker on the wrist, and shows much less of the SS caseback when on the wrist. Like many tells once you see it you can’t go back. There are other things that don’t quite line up with gen as well, in terms of the crownguards and relative location of the crown within the mid case. Question to our experts #Legend, #slaughterer62, #Mikey2008, and others— is this caseback thickness a consequence of the decorative movement plates, or can this be fixed with a caseback shave +/- movement swap/closed caseback swap?

40a102f98c2affa8b5ca5b6724228653.jpg

Last edited:

reppists

MULTI ACCOUNT
10/3/18
Interesting that everyone has focused on crystal, cyclops, and dial marker issues on this watch.

I love all ceramic watches, and really wanted to like this release from XF. But it’s very important that AP ROOs sit on the wrist correctly and wear as comfortably as the gen. The thickness of the XF V2 is close to gen. So I am vexed by the strange proportions and dimensions of the caseback in relation to the gen case and caseback. IMO there is too much caseback showing and the caseback is way too thick. This causes the watch to sit too high on the wrist and looks awkward compared to the gen which wears relatively sleeker on the wrist, and shows much less of the SS caseback when on the wrist. Like many tells once you see it you can’t go back. There are other things that don’t quite line up with gen as well, in terms of the crownguards and relative location of the crown within the mid case. Question to our experts #Legend, #slaughterer62, #Mikey2008, and others— is this caseback thickness a consequence of the decorative movement plates, or can this be fixed with a caseback shave +/- movement swap/closed caseback swap?

40a102f98c2affa8b5ca5b6724228653.jpg

The thickness is the same as gen, the reason why you think the rep is thicker is because the angles on your photos are not the same.

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
The only thing that bothers me on this model is the gaps between crown and guards.
Gaps are too wide and uneven, as below image; FC Diver from XF is much better.

fPU9ox@.jpg

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
The thickness is the same as gen, the reason why you think the rep is thicker is because the angles on your photos are not the same.

Not questioning the thickness, it is supposed to be +0.1 to 0.2 mm at most.

There seems to be proportionally too much caseback showing in the rep.

This might be evident from the side when worn, and the extra 0.1 - 0.2 mm behind the case might cause it to sit slightly high on the wrist. Not a problem if you are a fleshy person where the caseback can sink disappear like in the case of JF and Noob AP ROOs. But if you are skinny this will not sit as well as a gen, I contend, and I would spot that extra caseback from across the room— unless it could be easily shaved as many folks have done with the 15400s.

Last edited: