• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF 15707 ceramic V2

robinagberg

Horology Curious
26/11/10
Hi guys!
where can i buy good crystal for this watch? Have plans to find a watchsmith here in Sweden to help me change it.

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
It is the FC diver being discussed when it comes to changing caseback. There truly is a huge difference in engravings between JF caseback and XF caseback. I fortunately sourced a newest I series caseback from JF and it does look better than XF caseback.

Using isopropanol is interesting. Does it work? As Darude said, it is a slight trouble that at some particular angle the crystal looks a bit green or a bit blue. Does applying isopropanol remove the color and convert it to fully transparent?

Hmmmm I guess you hold an advanced degree in Chemistry, don't you? I hold a Ph.D. in Accounting which is obviously useless in removing the color....

I do indeed have a chemistry degree, but isopropanol is basically just a good cleaning agent and AR is just different substances layered on the crystal surface which actually can be scratched off without much issues (which is a thing some people hold against outer AR coating). Now if the inner layer is also responsible for the greenish reflection, you'd have to take the whole watch apart and might as well just get a prof crystal.

Could you pretty please post a picture where one can see the JF/XF caseback differences really well? Can't really decide if the caseback switch is worth it for me.

Hi guys!
where can i buy good crystal for this watch? Have plans to find a watchsmith here in Sweden to help me change it.

Just email prof, those are around 120$ iirc.
[email protected]

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
Finally receive mine this morning...

f5lxbx@.jpg

fBbhIx@.jpg

fq8aex@.jpg

fMgtax@.jpg

thewatcher

Known Member
MULTI ACCOUNT
5/8/12
thewatcher what are your first impressions? is the quality good or ...? also how stiff is the rubber band?

I think it's great, I have both XF V2 15706 & 15707 and I think they are the best Divers out of box so far.
The band is not bad, but I don't have a JF band that can compare with this one tho 'cause I sold my JF Diver few months ago.

Reactions: vcappp

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
thewatcher what are your first impressions? is the quality good or ...? also how stiff is the rubber band?

build quality is the best out of the box IMO like thewatcher already mentioned.

the rubber is just as stiff as the gen rubber. I heard from some people they prefer the JF softness over the gen hardness... But a JF rubber will fit both XF divers (plot-wise)

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
build quality is the best out of the box IMO like thewatcher already mentioned.

the rubber is just as stiff as the gen rubber. I heard from some people they prefer the JF softness over the gen hardness... But a JF rubber will fit both XF divers (plot-wise)

this.

I prefer JF of course. But XF is not bad really

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
It's just the usual A2824 workhorse you'll find in most other reps. Nothing to write home about, but it does its job and is pretty reliable, especially once serviced.

Topcatz

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/12/17
Canada
I recently purchased the XF AP 15707 v2. I think the 12 o'clock marker misaligned.

Is the marker misaligned?

Any one can recommend who to send it to re-glue?

Thank you.

8d63bdf19b5375194f5784b02e8a9963.jpg
34f4bcf104ac0b659a00bdbb580a78c4.jpg
bc2cdd7c0cd7e2015f47c18588aad45b.jpg

Sent from my CLT-L04 using Tapatalk

xkqwts

Known Member
21/2/17
It's centered correctly, just right part of the 12 marker looks a tiny bit wonky. But then again, due to the lighting and reflection all your markers look a bit weird. Try to get a close up under neutral lighting.

Topcatz

6/12/17
Canada
Thank you.

Who can help me fixing it like take it apart and re glue it?

Any recommendations?

Thank you again.
cb887044ee7921ec0028d1b47c66db5e.jpg

Topcatz

6/12/17
Canada
Well, Canada Post wants $95 just to send the watch with tracking #.

I wonder should I send it back to the TD or send it to modder to fix the alignment and while doing that, I can ask the modder to low beat it and change the cyclop to 2XAR.

May be just low beat it without changing the cyclop.

Any recommendations?

Thank you.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Dont ship it back to china. That would be a process of a couple of month...

just find a local modder - it will be a 10min job to reglue the marker or realign it.

Regardning the low beat mod - i‘m not sure if it works out with the 2836... hand fitment could be a problem.
but any modder should be a great help regarding this questions.