• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

XF 15707 ceramic V2

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
Here’s another side by side. I just can’t unsee this. If this could be addressed with gentle caseback shaving it would be a superrep for me.

38970e1f78ebe5c7789af09427309e58.jpg

Reactions: vcappp

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Here’s another side by side. I just can’t unsee this. If this could be addressed with gentle caseback shaving it would be a superrep for me.

The thickness is still the same though - so why should it be shaved? the ceramic mid case is a bit thinner, yeah - but not noticeable.

there are other things that are more important...

ernien

Renowned Member
23/9/12
Ontario, Canada
The gen ceramic diver has always been unique in that it has different proportions than the forged carbon or steel diver. The gen has a thicker midcase with thinner caseback compared to the other two. Only the H-Factory ceramic diver got the case right. XF likely used a forged carbon case for their ceramic rep.

If you only thin the caseback, it doesn’t address the reps too thin mid case.

At least the overall thickness is pretty close to gen even if the proportions are not.

Reactions: vcappp and BIONONE

BIONONE

28/4/17
it is anyways a very limited boutique only reference so you won't meet anyone with the gen... or even who knows the gen. Not a single gen owner will know that the 15707 is different in construction compared to the steel or carbon reference.

As this is not really a cosmetically issue and not a functional or unaesthetic in any way i highly doubt that there is the need to "improve" this...

Reactions: DiverFan and vcappp

Jurgenk

I'm Pretty Popular
28/5/07
How big is the room when you say across the room ?

Probably the same size room that reveals abnormal magnification or the AR tint of a cyclops? ;)

In all seriousness, I like everything else about this watch so much I think I might give caseback mod a try...

Last edited:

Rolex_007

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/5/17
Any interesting news in the meantime? I studied most threads about all AP divers... my no. 1 is the 15707... and this is the best & only thread i found about the XF V2 15707 model... :jerry:

So it is very good ootb. DW is fine too. Open back no problem for me... do not show to others my watches (gen and reps, both)

For modding i have the option changing the XF crystal to JF or 1xar prof crystal - to get rid of blue/green flare. JF crystal could be ordered together with the watch from TD.

At least the strap: I have small wrist - should i order the smaller JF XS strap too? Anybody with small wrist can show me photo of XF15707/15706?

Thanks to all!

BIONONE

28/4/17
hello,

Are there any updates on this specific ref ?

thanks

No updates until today - but to be honest beside the blue tint of the AR coating on the crystal and the cyclops there is no real need for an update.

enjoy this piece - one of a few wearable ootb AP‘s. And if the crystal bothers you - prof steve will help you out with his 1xAR cystal and cyclops.

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
No updates until today - but to be honest beside the blue tint of the AR coating on the crystal and the cyclops there is no real need for an update.

enjoy this piece - one of a few wearable ootb AP‘s. And if the crystal bothers you - prof steve will help you out with his 1xAR cystal and cyclops.

thank you for that...
any link to contact Prof Steve ?

centrum

27/7/14
Bumping up this thread as XF stays closed and I'm looking for one of these...

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
May be worth a shot but have you thought about posting a WTB?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Yes hopefully XF will see this and reopen immediately after your necro-bump. Fingers crossed.

While waiting for that to happen maybe start a WTB and significantly improve your chances of finding one?

Reactions: Allure

JB3477

Horology Curious
4/11/17
Oui, j'espère que XF verra cela et rouvrira immédiatement après votre nécro-bosse. Doigts croisés.

En attendant que cela se produise, peut-être commencer un WTB et améliorer considérablement vos chances d'en trouver un ?
Je viens de commander un XF 15707 V2 sur les clones parfaits j'avais déjà commandé le 15707 HF en 2018 j'espère pouvoir garder le boitier HF et mettre tout le reste du XF V2 dedans

JB3477

Horology Curious
4/11/17
I just ordered an XF 15707 V2 on the perfect clones I had already ordered the 15707 HF in 2018 I hope I can keep the HF box and put all the rest of XF V2 in it

pam63C

Supporter
Certified
12/2/23
Asia
I just ordered an XF 15707 V2 on the perfect clones I had already ordered the 15707 HF in 2018 I hope I can keep the HF box and put all the rest of XF V2 in it

That's strange, non of the TD here can get the XF ceramic or forged carbon diver for me. All said XF has stopped production long time ago.

JB3477

Horology Curious
4/11/17
C'est étrange, aucun des TD ici ne peut obtenir le plongeur XF en céramique ou en carbone forgé pour moi. Tous ont dit que XF a arrêté la production il y a longtemps.
Dès que le TD enverra les photos QC, je les partagerai pour m'assurer qu'il s'agit bien d'AP 15707 XF V2.